Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] Evodot SM8 (i7 3930k Titan, Watercooled)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] Evodot SM8 (i7 3930k Titan, Watercooled) - Page 10

post #91 of 451
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khepira View Post

True. I can relate to that.
Perhaps you'd have pretty good luck selling it on the marketplace, seeing as it's brand new and all.

I might keep it for a secondary build. Like I said I couldn't put a old block in with all new stuff. Same with the old flaking fittings. To much risk and the koolance filter I got that I was going to put into the loop mesh is to large. It wouldn't catch the little flakes anyway.


On another note. Most of my stuff should be here wednesday. Not sure how long the stuff from MODDIY is going to take for the fan cables. However I ordered the items 2 days ago and its still waiting to be fulfilled. Has anyone else ordered from MODDIY? Also what kind of turn around time did they have? If this is going to be a 2 week thing I might as well pay the extra to order from PPC's or Frozencpu. Suggestions? (Fan connectors male and female, Molex pins male and female/ also looking for 18 gage wire and molex connectors and pins for psu)

I should be ordering some sleeving today depends if I can make some time at the office or not since nils isn't a 24/7 website.
Edited by freitz - 12/11/12 at 5:01am
post #92 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by freitz View Post

I might keep it for a secondary build. Like I said I couldn't put a old block in with all new stuff. Same with the old flaking fittings. To much risk and the koolance filter I got that I was going to put into the loop mesh is to large. It wouldn't catch the little flakes anyway.
On another note. Most of my stuff should be here wednesday. Not sure how long the stuff from MODDIY is going to take for the fan cables. However I ordered the items 2 days ago and its still waiting to be fulfilled. Has anyone else ordered from MODDIY? Also what kind of turn around time did they have? If this is going to be a 2 week thing I might as well pay the extra to order from PPC's or Frozencpu. Suggestions? (Fan connectors male and female, Molex pins male and female/ also looking for 18 gage wire and molex connectors and pins for psu)
I should be ordering some sleeving today depends if I can make some time at the office or not since nils isn't a 24/7 website.

Everything I've heard about MODDIY is they're based in Hong Kong and usually like to send their packages at a decently slow pace. I'd be willing to bet if you ordered a Frozencpu or PPC order now, you'd have it before your moddiy package.
post #93 of 451
Thread Starter 
Yeah I just spoke with them at MODDIY and it looks like 1-2 weeks from tomorrow. Looks like I might just pay the upcharge for domestic products.
post #94 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by freitz View Post

Yeah I just spoke with them at MODDIY and it looks like 1-2 weeks from tomorrow. Looks like I might just pay the upcharge for domestic products.

Ah sorry to hear that man. To me moddiy is more of a 'place a large order just to have parts on hand for an unknown future project' since I usually don't like waiting around long just to make a fan cable.
post #95 of 451
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khepira View Post

Ah sorry to hear that man. To me moddiy is more of a 'place a large order just to have parts on hand for an unknown future project' since I usually don't like waiting around long just to make a fan cable.

Yeah Im going to keep my order and just order stuff I need to get the system up and running.
post #96 of 451
I've ordered form modDIY 4 or 5 times. Total turnaround time is highly dependent on how long it sits in NY customs. But it's always been around 12-15 days for me. Tracking is getting worse with USPS, the last order I made with modDIY never showed up except in Hong Kong when it posted. That really sucks when you have to sign for something and don't know when it will arrive.
But some things I have ordered were basically not to be found so easily elsewhere. modDIY is good about having psu specific connectors so you don't have to wander the internet trying to decipher what fits what.
But having said that, I tend to order from ppc-s, frozencpu & sidewinders primarily. Sometimes from Xoxide as their CS is great. Aquatuning when I just have to, as they ship very fast but shipping is killer.
Some things I order directly from Newark or Mouser when I need quantity and quality at good prices.

BTW if you want to order a bunch of 1/4" black shrink for sleeving, especially "shrinkless" sleeving, you can get 4 foot sections from Allied Electronics super cheap, and it's 3:1 shrink. Order a bunch, you'll need it. I first got this link from one of Lutro0's posts and have ordered from them several times. They ship in a tube so the shrink isn't all folded up. No white 1/4" shrink from them, though.
http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=70133170
post #97 of 451
 
Caselabs M8
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte Sniper 3 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance 8GB Low Profile Western Digital Cavier Black Samsung 830 SSD LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 64bit Seasonic Platinum 1000 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3770k MSI Mpower EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Samsung 830  LG Bluray Burner Corsair H100 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 7  Seasonic Platinum 1000 Caselabs M8 Razer Taipan 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Caselabs M8
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte Sniper 3 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance 8GB Low Profile Western Digital Cavier Black Samsung 830 SSD LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 64bit Seasonic Platinum 1000 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3770k MSI Mpower EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Samsung 830  LG Bluray Burner Corsair H100 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 7  Seasonic Platinum 1000 Caselabs M8 Razer Taipan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #98 of 451
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post

I buy all my tubing in the past from here.
http://www.avoutlet.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=634

Nice I will check them out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrix View Post

I've ordered form modDIY 4 or 5 times. Total turnaround time is highly dependent on how long it sits in NY customs. But it's always been around 12-15 days for me. Tracking is getting worse with USPS, the last order I made with modDIY never showed up except in Hong Kong when it posted. That really sucks when you have to sign for something and don't know when it will arrive.
But some things I have ordered were basically not to be found so easily elsewhere. modDIY is good about having psu specific connectors so you don't have to wander the internet trying to decipher what fits what.
But having said that, I tend to order from ppc-s, frozencpu & sidewinders primarily. Sometimes from Xoxide as their CS is great. Aquatuning when I just have to, as they ship very fast but shipping is killer.
Some things I order directly from Newark or Mouser when I need quantity and quality at good prices.
BTW if you want to order a bunch of 1/4" black shrink for sleeving, especially "shrinkless" sleeving, you can get 4 foot sections from Allied Electronics super cheap, and it's 3:1 shrink. Order a bunch, you'll need it. I first got this link from one of Lutro0's posts and have ordered from them several times. They ship in a tube so the shrink isn't all folded up. No white 1/4" shrink from them, though.
http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=70133170

Thanks for the tips! I think im going with MDPCX for Sleeving. Just going to make some rough fan cables to get 4 fans per channel to start and get everything up and running.



I was just tracking my packages everything should be here today I will post some pictures I had them shipped to my office.
post #99 of 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by freitz View Post

Nice I will check them out
Thanks for the tips! I think im going with MDPCX for Sleeving. Just going to make some rough fan cables to get 4 fans per channel to start and get everything up and running.
I was just tracking my packages everything should be here today I will post some pictures I had them shipped to my office.


Hey Freitz, have you thought about doing fan hub PCB's instead of straight y-splitters? Looks cleaner IMO. Check out my log for how I am doing the wiring on mine (to get an idea of the tidiness it brings). Let me know if you want a link to them to check them out, thumb.gif
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #100 of 451
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post

Hey Freitz, have you thought about doing fan hub PCB's instead of straight y-splitters? Looks cleaner IMO. Check out my log for how I am doing the wiring on mine (to get an idea of the tidiness it brings). Let me know if you want a link to them to check them out, thumb.gif

Yeah if you don't mind send me a link I just figured I could do something similar to CPAchris where made the fan cables really short then custom length 4-8 way Y splitter running to 1 channel. But Yeah PCB board seems easier but I just dont want the extra length of the cables. I would love to see the link Ill probably change my mind.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] Evodot SM8 (i7 3930k Titan, Watercooled)