Originally Posted by latexyankee
I'm now torn on whether to return 6 titans for 290x or build 2 systems with them in the anticipation for gsync. I have 2 builds for friends/customers who want the triple monitor lightboost setup and after this fiasco I'm stuck in making my decision. Guess I'll just wait it out and tell them parts are on backorder..
That's a dilemma.
Here's an idea -- Throw a trial balloon to your customers that the parts are on backorder, but that they have the opportunity to change their order. That they can get 290X's and get LightBoosted BF4 but lose out on G-SYNC. Strobelight now (at the moment, hopefully only temporarily) more easily works on Radeon for triple surround setups; and you see I have chided NVIDIA on that. Leave that part of the tough decision (gred/green) to your customer. If they ask to change order to 290X's and give up G-SYNC, then there you go ---
For you, it certainly sounds like NVIDIA's fault for putting you in this situation. I do get the feeling and anticipate they will fix it, but I understand if your customers may not be able to wait. Make a decision within the product return window.
I am rooting for G-SYNC but I understand when you have to go Red, and when you have to go Green. Like a traffic light.Edited by mdrejhon - 10/28/13 at 9:32pm