Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Delidding with an x-acto knife or surgical scalpel?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Delidding with an x-acto knife or surgical scalpel?

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 
Hi, I can't find any of these: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-double-edge-razor-blades/ID=prod6002640-product

But will these work? http://www.xacto.com/products/cutting-solutions/knives/knives/Precision-Knife-1.aspx

I can find plenty of these, since I'm in a university environment.
post #2 of 4
I would think those would work. But a lot of members seem to like just a razor blade. Check out the thread here.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1313179/official-delidded-ivy-bridge-club/3790#post_18688209

Ask in there and they will help. thumb.gif
Ol Bessy
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Asus P9X79 Galaxy Super OC GTX 480 G. Skill 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NH-U14S Windows 7 I-INC 25 INCH 650w Corsair 
Case
Lian LI 
  hide details  
Reply
Ol Bessy
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Asus P9X79 Galaxy Super OC GTX 480 G. Skill 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NH-U14S Windows 7 I-INC 25 INCH 650w Corsair 
Case
Lian LI 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 4
Delidding was so easy a kid can do it it took me 10 minutes and saw no temp drops others told me if your core temps arent off alot it may not help you I tried anyway and wasnt worth it.
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerlad View Post

Hi, I can't find any of these: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-double-edge-razor-blades/ID=prod6002640-product
But will these work? http://www.xacto.com/products/cutting-solutions/knives/knives/Precision-Knife-1.aspx
I can find plenty of these, since I'm in a university environment.

NO. Please save your chip. NO. I made the delidded club for a reason consult us for information. it's why we have been so busy helping people like yourself. thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by OcN13 View Post

I would think those would work. But a lot of members seem to like just a razor blade. Check out the thread here.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1313179/official-delidded-ivy-bridge-club/3790#post_18688209
Ask in there and they will help. thumb.gif

Thank you sir. Razor blade all the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma7820 View Post

Delidding was so easy a kid can do it it took me 10 minutes and saw no temp drops others told me if your core temps arent off alot it may not help you I tried anyway and wasnt worth it.

You mustn't of done it right. their are certain ways of doing it. plus. if you didn't use good TIM you obviously didn't know the issue wasn't Intels TIM but the space between the IHS and the processors die. Also did you remove the black glue from the PCB? If not then theres your issue take the black gunk off get better TIM and poof. 10-20C drops. Also depends on your cooler as well. Come on in and we can help ya out. biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Delidding with an x-acto knife or surgical scalpel?