Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Calling all 7970 owners !!! Help with a heaven score
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling all 7970 owners !!! Help with a heaven score

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Hi guys

I recently made a purchase for a 7970 .... this is the exact same model

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-DVI-I-SL-DVI-D-PCI-Express-11197-03-40G/dp/B009B6Y01Y/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

The only thing is that this card wont ship until a couple of weeks and i am not going to be able to try it bc i dont live in the us so i can either cancel it and get another 670 for sli or keep it and sell this 670 for a little profit here locally.

So i am asking if you could help me see what kind of performance i can expect out of this card by running a simple heaven benchmark. I will be running the card under water and plan to OC the hell out of it... but not a benching OC a stable gaming OC

This are the settings i want you to benchamrk with ....



So far this is the best score i could get with the latest beta drivers and my best stable gaming OC.




Please tell me i made a good purchase and beat my score thumb.gif

Many thanks

Shremi
Aorus Hackintosh
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor 8700k Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gskill 3200 trident z 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Custom Loop  Asus Pg279q Blackwidow Chroma v2 Evga P1000 
CaseMouse
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Logitech G900 
  hide details  
Reply
Aorus Hackintosh
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor 8700k Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gskill 3200 trident z 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Custom Loop  Asus Pg279q Blackwidow Chroma v2 Evga P1000 
CaseMouse
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Logitech G900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 6
Read this.


Kepler does poorly in heaven so anything AMD 79xx will stomp all over it.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 6
OP which country are you from ? looks like you are running a 2560 x 1440 monitor. what is the highest clocks the GTX 670 you are currently running goes upto ?
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

Read this.
Kepler does poorly in heaven so anything AMD 79xx will stomp all over it.

Woow nice thread man i will def take a good read at it .... but woooooow those are some crazy overclocks you got there.... my 670 wont run to 1300 even with a moded bios i guess i got an average clocker since i paid a premium for the FTW card you can see my dissapointment.

I know that you have very good overclockers on both sides .... But what can i expect to get out of the sapphire card under water give me an average clock and mem overclock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu78 View Post

OP which country are you from ? looks like you are running a 2560 x 1440 monitor. what is the highest clocks the GTX 670 you are currently running goes upto ?

Gotta love these cheap Korean displays biggrin.gif

I am from mexico and you wont believe how overpriced hardware can be here .... I mean the 7970 retails for about 600-650 USD lucky for me that i am able to go to the US for vacations a couple of times a year ... I sold about 5 Ivy chips here locally all of them for a profit while i was in the hunt for the golden chip thumb.gif So i think this card has paid herself already i just need to purchase the waterblock.

My card currently is clocked @ 1215 core and / 7300 memory that is my best stable for games sure i could bench heaven higher but whats the point if whenever i game i have freezes and stuff.
Aorus Hackintosh
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor 8700k Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gskill 3200 trident z 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Custom Loop  Asus Pg279q Blackwidow Chroma v2 Evga P1000 
CaseMouse
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Logitech G900 
  hide details  
Reply
Aorus Hackintosh
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor 8700k Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gskill 3200 trident z 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Custom Loop  Asus Pg279q Blackwidow Chroma v2 Evga P1000 
CaseMouse
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Logitech G900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 6
OP the sapphire hd 7970 oc card you chose is not compatible with reference HD 7970 waterblocks.

http://www.rwlabs.com/article.php?cat=&id=708&pagenumber=5

the one which is compatible with reference HD 7970 waterblocks is the older brown PCB version . manufacturer code 11197-01-40G

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-PCI-Express-Graphics-11197-01-40G/dp/B007JGARVU

you can see the PCB here
http://www.overclock.net/t/1196856/official-amd-radeon-hd-7950-7970-owners-thread/12540#post_17567847

you can check the compatibility of the sapphire hd 7970 11197-01-40G here
http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/

but frankly if you are voltage overclocking with watercooling get the sapphire HD 7950 boost. comes with very high stock voltage (1.25v). overclocks to 1.15 Ghz at stock voltage. could go higher if you push for 1.3v.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1331607/sapphire-radeon-7950-3gb#post_18690530

www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-PCI-Express-Graphics-11196-16-20G/dp/B0098HW1HG/

its compatible with the reference HD 7950 waterblocks. use the cooling configurator and you will find the sapphire hd 7950 boost (11196-16) in the list.

at the same clocks the HD 7950 is 3 - 6% slower than HD 7970. do you want to spend 100 bucks for that.

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/34761-amd-hd-7950-vs-hd-7970-clocks/?page=3

you can see the performance with the latest drivers .

http://www.techspot.com/review/603-best-graphics-cards/page3.html
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/11/12/fall_2012_gpu_driver_comparison_roundup/3

also remember the reviewers don't max out power option to +20%. the HD 7950 boost cannot run consistently at 925 mhz at the 0% power option . so there is clock throttling. once the power is maxed out even a HD 7950 boost at 925 mhz is faster than stock gtx 670.

HD 7950(1.1 Ghz) matches HD 7970 Ghz. HD 7950(1.1 Ghz) is going to be faster than GTX 670(1.25 Ghz). If you get a chip that does 1.2+ Ghz it would be a significant improvement over your current card.
Edited by raghu78 - 11/27/12 at 12:22am
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu78 View Post

OP the sapphire hd 7970 oc card you chose is not compatible with reference HD 7970 waterblocks.
http://www.rwlabs.com/article.php?cat=&id=708&pagenumber=5
the one which is compatible with reference HD 7970 waterblocks is the older brown PCB version . manufacturer code 11197-01-40G
http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-PCI-Express-Graphics-11197-01-40G/dp/B007JGARVU
you can see the PCB here
http://www.overclock.net/t/1196856/official-amd-radeon-hd-7950-7970-owners-thread/12540#post_17567847
you can check the compatibility of the sapphire hd 7970 11197-01-40G here
http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/
but frankly if you are voltage overclocking with watercooling get the sapphire HD 7950 boost. comes with very high stock voltage (1.25v). overclocks to 1.15 Ghz at stock voltage. could go higher if you push for 1.3v.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1331607/sapphire-radeon-7950-3gb#post_18690530
www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-PCI-Express-Graphics-11196-16-20G/dp/B0098HW1HG/
its compatible with the reference HD 7950 waterblocks. use the cooling configurator and you will find the sapphire hd 7950 boost (11196-16) in the list.
at the same clocks the HD 7950 is 3 - 6% slower than HD 7970. do you want to spend 100 bucks for that.
http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/34761-amd-hd-7950-vs-hd-7970-clocks/?page=3
you can see the performance with the latest drivers .
http://www.techspot.com/review/603-best-graphics-cards/page3.html
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/11/12/fall_2012_gpu_driver_comparison_roundup/3
also remember the reviewers don't max out power option to +20%. the HD 7950 boost cannot run consistently at 925 mhz at the 0% power option . so there is clock throttling. once the power is maxed out even a HD 7950 boost at 925 mhz is faster than stock gtx 670.
HD 7950(1.1 Ghz) matches HD 7970 Ghz. HD 7950(1.1 Ghz) is going to be faster than GTX 670(1.25 Ghz). If you get a chip that does 1.2+ Ghz it would be a significant improvement over your current card.

Well I paid 320 AR for the card so I guessed that for that price was a nice deal before I pulled the trigger on this card I searched the forums and founded this thread

http://www.overclock.net/t/1319489/sapphire-7970-dualx-oc-blue-pcb-bios-and-voltage-questions/0_50

They said over there that it was compatible with the waterblocks but just to be sure ill ask him via pm .

Thx Man for noticing this If I can't get anything solid ill cancel the order tomorrow
Aorus Hackintosh
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor 8700k Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gskill 3200 trident z 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Custom Loop  Asus Pg279q Blackwidow Chroma v2 Evga P1000 
CaseMouse
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Logitech G900 
  hide details  
Reply
Aorus Hackintosh
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor 8700k Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gskill 3200 trident z 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Custom Loop  Asus Pg279q Blackwidow Chroma v2 Evga P1000 
CaseMouse
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Logitech G900 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Calling all 7970 owners !!! Help with a heaven score