Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Tablets › [CNNMoney] 11 Apple iPads per hour vs. zero Microsoft Surface tablets
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CNNMoney] 11 Apple iPads per hour vs. zero Microsoft Surface tablets - Page 10

post #91 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyChris View Post

Personal communication tends to corrupt the message by people reading into body language and gestures. If I need you to do or know something it's far better for it to be written.

Completely wrong here.

It's the good thing about social interaction, gestures. They do a lot to explain and prove (or disprove) your point. Any phsychologist will tell you that.
   
AGP bencher
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 5 Sapphire HD 6950 2GiB 2x8GB KFA2 HOF DDR4-3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 256GB Seagate 600 Series 240GB Seagate 7200.14 2TB Samsung F3 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB Supreme HF XSPC Rasa GPU EK XT360 EK 4.0 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
W10 Pro LG IPS235 LG E2250V KUL ES-87 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SF Leadex II 650W Lian Li PC-A05NB Logitech G9 Xonar DX 
AudioAudio
SMSL SA-S3+Technics CB-250 Sennheiser HD555 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-5700 Gigabyte F2A75M-HD2 G.SKILL Ares 2133 CL9 Hitachi 5K750 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Momentus .7 200GB Noctua NH-L9a Server 2012 R2 Standard AUO B156HW01 
PowerCaseOther
PicoPSU-80-WI-25V AIO Aluminium Handmade TP-Link Archer Something Something Wi-Fi AC 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
Core2Duo E6400 Core2Quad Q6600 Pentium Dual Core E5200 AsRock 4COREDUAL-SATA2 R2.0 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
A dumpload of ancient AGP cards Kingston Value DDR2-667 CL4 2T @CL3 1T Seagate 160GB 7200.10 LG IDE DVD-ROM 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Ghettomade CPU waterblock 49cc 2stroke engine copper radiator WinXP SP2 32bit ProView 17" 
PowerCase
Tacens Radix V 550W Ghetto aluminium bench 
  hide details  
Reply
   
AGP bencher
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 5 Sapphire HD 6950 2GiB 2x8GB KFA2 HOF DDR4-3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 256GB Seagate 600 Series 240GB Seagate 7200.14 2TB Samsung F3 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB Supreme HF XSPC Rasa GPU EK XT360 EK 4.0 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
W10 Pro LG IPS235 LG E2250V KUL ES-87 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SF Leadex II 650W Lian Li PC-A05NB Logitech G9 Xonar DX 
AudioAudio
SMSL SA-S3+Technics CB-250 Sennheiser HD555 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-5700 Gigabyte F2A75M-HD2 G.SKILL Ares 2133 CL9 Hitachi 5K750 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Momentus .7 200GB Noctua NH-L9a Server 2012 R2 Standard AUO B156HW01 
PowerCaseOther
PicoPSU-80-WI-25V AIO Aluminium Handmade TP-Link Archer Something Something Wi-Fi AC 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
Core2Duo E6400 Core2Quad Q6600 Pentium Dual Core E5200 AsRock 4COREDUAL-SATA2 R2.0 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
A dumpload of ancient AGP cards Kingston Value DDR2-667 CL4 2T @CL3 1T Seagate 160GB 7200.10 LG IDE DVD-ROM 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Ghettomade CPU waterblock 49cc 2stroke engine copper radiator WinXP SP2 32bit ProView 17" 
PowerCase
Tacens Radix V 550W Ghetto aluminium bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #92 of 114
The problem I see with Apples products is that they are dumbed down.
And dumbed down products are used by average humans who don't want complicated things. They are just.... too mainstream. People don't want to stand out because they are afraid to be rejected by the community. It's the same reason why peer pressure today leads to kids trying drugs, alcohol, smoking, etc and adults are not immune from it. It's the basic, prehistoric fear of being left alone, outside the pack and falling prey to a predator.
There is a valid reason why Apples consumers are called "the sheep".

Like one of my friends. There is nothing special about him. Soulless, never gets angry. Has the typical fat girlfriend who talks too much. He never tried for anything better, lashes at the first girl that shows interest. Plays World of Warcraft and Diablo 3. Owns an iPhone. Doesn't have any big ambitions in life, doesn't know anything about technology. Just wants a life with a woman, kids and a job. And yet for some reason, thinks he's better than others around him.
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Tablet
(1 item)
 
Phone
(1 item)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770K @ 4.6ghz Asus Maximus V Extreme Asus GTX 670 DCII @ 1245/7000 Asus GTX 670 DCII @ 1245/7000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 16gb @ 2133mhz Corsair Force GT 180gb WD My Passport 2TB Corsair Hydro H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro Samsung Smart TV 40" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Elite  CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Battle Edition Razer Naga Molten Edition Razer Goliathus Extended XL Control Logitech G13 
Other
Razer Onza Tournament Edition 
Other
Asus VivoTab TF810C 
Other
HTC One X 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Tablet
(1 item)
 
Phone
(1 item)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770K @ 4.6ghz Asus Maximus V Extreme Asus GTX 670 DCII @ 1245/7000 Asus GTX 670 DCII @ 1245/7000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 16gb @ 2133mhz Corsair Force GT 180gb WD My Passport 2TB Corsair Hydro H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro Samsung Smart TV 40" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Elite  CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Battle Edition Razer Naga Molten Edition Razer Goliathus Extended XL Control Logitech G13 
Other
Razer Onza Tournament Edition 
Other
Asus VivoTab TF810C 
Other
HTC One X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #93 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot View Post

Completely wrong here.
It's the good thing about social interaction, gestures. They do a lot to explain and prove (or disprove) your point. Any phsychologist will tell you that.

Yes nonverbal communication can help impart you message but it can just as easily corrupt it.

When I'm telling you do do something or giving you information I'm not proving or disproving anything. If I'm telling you to do something my expectation is that you will act I care very little whether you like it or agree with it.
Edited by GermanyChris - 11/30/12 at 1:47am
 
DD Portable
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 5675C Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 5 XFX RX 480 GTR 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Western Digital Black RE4 2TB Western Digital Green 2TB bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM bequiet! Shadow Wings SW1 120mm PWM bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Arch X64 / Gnome and OSX 10.11 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 590D 4K KBC Poker II be quiet! Straight Power 10 400W bequiet! Silent Base 800 
MouseAudioAudio
Speedlink Omni VI  Sound Blaster Z  Bose Companion 2  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3427U The Googs HD4000 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB Flash / 128GB SanDisk Extreme SD card ChromeOS / Ubuntu 14.04 12" 2560x1700 bad 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
not much  Aluminium  Trackpad it makes noise I think  
  hide details  
Reply
 
DD Portable
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 5675C Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 5 XFX RX 480 GTR 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Western Digital Black RE4 2TB Western Digital Green 2TB bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM bequiet! Shadow Wings SW1 120mm PWM bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Arch X64 / Gnome and OSX 10.11 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 590D 4K KBC Poker II be quiet! Straight Power 10 400W bequiet! Silent Base 800 
MouseAudioAudio
Speedlink Omni VI  Sound Blaster Z  Bose Companion 2  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3427U The Googs HD4000 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB Flash / 128GB SanDisk Extreme SD card ChromeOS / Ubuntu 14.04 12" 2560x1700 bad 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
not much  Aluminium  Trackpad it makes noise I think  
  hide details  
Reply
post #94 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeldo View Post

The problem I see with Apples products is that they are dumbed down.
And dumbed down products are used by average humans who don't want complicated things. They are just.... too mainstream. People don't want to stand out because they are afraid to be rejected by the community. It's the same reason why peer pressure today leads to kids trying drugs, alcohol, smoking, etc and adults are not immune from it. It's the basic, prehistoric fear of being left alone, outside the pack and falling prey to a predator.
There is a valid reason why Apples consumers are called "the sheep".
Like one of my friends. There is nothing special about him. Soulless, never gets angry. Has the typical fat girlfriend who talks too much. He never tried for anything better, lashes at the first girl that shows interest. Plays World of Warcraft and Diablo 3. Owns an iPhone. Doesn't have any big ambitions in life, doesn't know anything about technology. Just wants a life with a woman, kids and a job. And yet for some reason, thinks he's better than others around him.

Whats complicated about android?

Whats more complicated about windows?

What tools are available for Windows that are not available in OSX?
 
DD Portable
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 5675C Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 5 XFX RX 480 GTR 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Western Digital Black RE4 2TB Western Digital Green 2TB bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM bequiet! Shadow Wings SW1 120mm PWM bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Arch X64 / Gnome and OSX 10.11 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 590D 4K KBC Poker II be quiet! Straight Power 10 400W bequiet! Silent Base 800 
MouseAudioAudio
Speedlink Omni VI  Sound Blaster Z  Bose Companion 2  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3427U The Googs HD4000 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB Flash / 128GB SanDisk Extreme SD card ChromeOS / Ubuntu 14.04 12" 2560x1700 bad 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
not much  Aluminium  Trackpad it makes noise I think  
  hide details  
Reply
 
DD Portable
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 5675C Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 5 XFX RX 480 GTR 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Western Digital Black RE4 2TB Western Digital Green 2TB bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM bequiet! Shadow Wings SW1 120mm PWM bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Arch X64 / Gnome and OSX 10.11 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 590D 4K KBC Poker II be quiet! Straight Power 10 400W bequiet! Silent Base 800 
MouseAudioAudio
Speedlink Omni VI  Sound Blaster Z  Bose Companion 2  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3427U The Googs HD4000 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB Flash / 128GB SanDisk Extreme SD card ChromeOS / Ubuntu 14.04 12" 2560x1700 bad 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
not much  Aluminium  Trackpad it makes noise I think  
  hide details  
Reply
post #95 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyChris View Post

Yes nonverbal communication can help impart you message but it can just as easily corrupt it.

If non-verbal language is corrupting a message, then there's obviously something going wrong that's aliene to the communication. ie, a lie.
   
AGP bencher
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 5 Sapphire HD 6950 2GiB 2x8GB KFA2 HOF DDR4-3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 256GB Seagate 600 Series 240GB Seagate 7200.14 2TB Samsung F3 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB Supreme HF XSPC Rasa GPU EK XT360 EK 4.0 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
W10 Pro LG IPS235 LG E2250V KUL ES-87 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SF Leadex II 650W Lian Li PC-A05NB Logitech G9 Xonar DX 
AudioAudio
SMSL SA-S3+Technics CB-250 Sennheiser HD555 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-5700 Gigabyte F2A75M-HD2 G.SKILL Ares 2133 CL9 Hitachi 5K750 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Momentus .7 200GB Noctua NH-L9a Server 2012 R2 Standard AUO B156HW01 
PowerCaseOther
PicoPSU-80-WI-25V AIO Aluminium Handmade TP-Link Archer Something Something Wi-Fi AC 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
Core2Duo E6400 Core2Quad Q6600 Pentium Dual Core E5200 AsRock 4COREDUAL-SATA2 R2.0 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
A dumpload of ancient AGP cards Kingston Value DDR2-667 CL4 2T @CL3 1T Seagate 160GB 7200.10 LG IDE DVD-ROM 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Ghettomade CPU waterblock 49cc 2stroke engine copper radiator WinXP SP2 32bit ProView 17" 
PowerCase
Tacens Radix V 550W Ghetto aluminium bench 
  hide details  
Reply
   
AGP bencher
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 5 Sapphire HD 6950 2GiB 2x8GB KFA2 HOF DDR4-3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 256GB Seagate 600 Series 240GB Seagate 7200.14 2TB Samsung F3 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB Supreme HF XSPC Rasa GPU EK XT360 EK 4.0 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
W10 Pro LG IPS235 LG E2250V KUL ES-87 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SF Leadex II 650W Lian Li PC-A05NB Logitech G9 Xonar DX 
AudioAudio
SMSL SA-S3+Technics CB-250 Sennheiser HD555 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-5700 Gigabyte F2A75M-HD2 G.SKILL Ares 2133 CL9 Hitachi 5K750 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Momentus .7 200GB Noctua NH-L9a Server 2012 R2 Standard AUO B156HW01 
PowerCaseOther
PicoPSU-80-WI-25V AIO Aluminium Handmade TP-Link Archer Something Something Wi-Fi AC 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
Core2Duo E6400 Core2Quad Q6600 Pentium Dual Core E5200 AsRock 4COREDUAL-SATA2 R2.0 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
A dumpload of ancient AGP cards Kingston Value DDR2-667 CL4 2T @CL3 1T Seagate 160GB 7200.10 LG IDE DVD-ROM 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Ghettomade CPU waterblock 49cc 2stroke engine copper radiator WinXP SP2 32bit ProView 17" 
PowerCase
Tacens Radix V 550W Ghetto aluminium bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #96 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot View Post

If non-verbal language is corrupting a message, then there's obviously something going wrong that's aliene to the communication. ie, a lie.

see my edited post
 
DD Portable
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 5675C Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 5 XFX RX 480 GTR 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Western Digital Black RE4 2TB Western Digital Green 2TB bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM bequiet! Shadow Wings SW1 120mm PWM bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Arch X64 / Gnome and OSX 10.11 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 590D 4K KBC Poker II be quiet! Straight Power 10 400W bequiet! Silent Base 800 
MouseAudioAudio
Speedlink Omni VI  Sound Blaster Z  Bose Companion 2  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3427U The Googs HD4000 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB Flash / 128GB SanDisk Extreme SD card ChromeOS / Ubuntu 14.04 12" 2560x1700 bad 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
not much  Aluminium  Trackpad it makes noise I think  
  hide details  
Reply
 
DD Portable
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 5675C Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 5 XFX RX 480 GTR 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Western Digital Black RE4 2TB Western Digital Green 2TB bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
bequiet! Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM bequiet! Shadow Wings SW1 120mm PWM bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Arch X64 / Gnome and OSX 10.11 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 590D 4K KBC Poker II be quiet! Straight Power 10 400W bequiet! Silent Base 800 
MouseAudioAudio
Speedlink Omni VI  Sound Blaster Z  Bose Companion 2  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3427U The Googs HD4000 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB Flash / 128GB SanDisk Extreme SD card ChromeOS / Ubuntu 14.04 12" 2560x1700 bad 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
not much  Aluminium  Trackpad it makes noise I think  
  hide details  
Reply
post #97 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyChris View Post

Whats complicated about android?
Whats more complicated about windows?
What tools are available for Windows that are not available in OSX?

Not sure if serious.
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Tablet
(1 item)
 
Phone
(1 item)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770K @ 4.6ghz Asus Maximus V Extreme Asus GTX 670 DCII @ 1245/7000 Asus GTX 670 DCII @ 1245/7000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 16gb @ 2133mhz Corsair Force GT 180gb WD My Passport 2TB Corsair Hydro H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro Samsung Smart TV 40" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Elite  CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Battle Edition Razer Naga Molten Edition Razer Goliathus Extended XL Control Logitech G13 
Other
Razer Onza Tournament Edition 
Other
Asus VivoTab TF810C 
Other
HTC One X 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Tablet
(1 item)
 
Phone
(1 item)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770K @ 4.6ghz Asus Maximus V Extreme Asus GTX 670 DCII @ 1245/7000 Asus GTX 670 DCII @ 1245/7000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 16gb @ 2133mhz Corsair Force GT 180gb WD My Passport 2TB Corsair Hydro H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro Samsung Smart TV 40" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Elite  CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Battle Edition Razer Naga Molten Edition Razer Goliathus Extended XL Control Logitech G13 
Other
Razer Onza Tournament Edition 
Other
Asus VivoTab TF810C 
Other
HTC One X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #98 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeldo View Post

The problem I see with Apples products is that they are dumbed down.
And dumbed down products are used by average humans who don't want complicated things. They are just.... too mainstream. People don't want to stand out because they are afraid to be rejected by the community. It's the same reason why peer pressure today leads to kids trying drugs, alcohol, smoking, etc and adults are not immune from it. It's the basic, prehistoric fear of being left alone, outside the pack and falling prey to a predator.
There is a valid reason why Apples consumers are called "the sheep".
Like one of my friends. There is nothing special about him. Soulless, never gets angry. Has the typical fat girlfriend who talks too much. He never tried for anything better, lashes at the first girl that shows interest. Plays World of Warcraft and Diablo 3. Owns an iPhone. Doesn't have any big ambitions in life, doesn't know anything about technology. Just wants a life with a woman, kids and a job. And yet for some reason, thinks he's better than others around him.

100% true. Anybody who thinks he knows allot about computers just because he has an iphone is an idiot. There are allot of people in this world like that.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyChris View Post


1) Whats complicated about android?
2) Whats more complicated about windows?
3) What tools are available for Windows that are not available in OSX?

double post

 

1) The fact that it calls the RAM "RAM" instead of multitasking bar and android is more open than ios

2) Just about everything. Of course it's not complicated at all for OCN users but for my grandma it gets quickly very complicated. In Windows you have to execute the .exe file to install from a disk and not just drag an icon onto your desktop for example

3) quick acces to the registers, multi cpu support, Directx and wow you actually have a real bios on non-apple computers

post #99 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeldo View Post

The problem I see with Apples products is that they are dumbed down.
And dumbed down products are used by average humans who don't want complicated things. They are just.... too mainstream. People don't want to stand out because they are afraid to be rejected by the community. It's the same reason why peer pressure today leads to kids trying drugs, alcohol, smoking, etc and adults are not immune from it. It's the basic, prehistoric fear of being left alone, outside the pack and falling prey to a predator.
There is a valid reason why Apples consumers are called "the sheep".
Like one of my friends. There is nothing special about him. Soulless, never gets angry. Has the typical fat girlfriend who talks too much. He never tried for anything better, lashes at the first girl that shows interest. Plays World of Warcraft and Diablo 3. Owns an iPhone. Doesn't have any big ambitions in life, doesn't know anything about technology. Just wants a life with a woman, kids and a job. And yet for some reason, thinks he's better than others around him.


Wow! A lot of bad info in this post. Sounds more like a jealous response than a logical response.

Your valid reasoning is illogical! Spock is laughing.

Guess I'm too mainstream because I own an iPad. Guess all the professors, doctors, research scientists, musicians (etc) that own Apple products are too mainstream to.

I should quit all my studies and community efforts because I own iPad.

Tell me, what will your impact on the world be?

Did you know at one time many people thought there was nothing special about Micheal Faraday, Einstein, Newton, Tesla and so many others?

Your friend may be thinking the same thing about you smile.gif
post #100 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeldo View Post

The problem I see with Apples products is that they are dumbed down.
And dumbed down products are used by average humans who don't want complicated things. They are just.... too mainstream. People don't want to stand out because they are afraid to be rejected by the community. It's the same reason why peer pressure today leads to kids trying drugs, alcohol, smoking, etc and adults are not immune from it. It's the basic, prehistoric fear of being left alone, outside the pack and falling prey to a predator.
There is a valid reason why Apples consumers are called "the sheep".
Like one of my friends. There is nothing special about him. Soulless, never gets angry. Has the typical fat girlfriend who talks too much. He never tried for anything better, lashes at the first girl that shows interest. Plays World of Warcraft and Diablo 3. Owns an iPhone. Doesn't have any big ambitions in life, doesn't know anything about technology. Just wants a life with a woman, kids and a job. And yet for some reason, thinks he's better than others around him.

Wow, I don't even know how to respond to that.

Statistically, users who own an iPhone generally tend to have higher disposable income, better education, etc.

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-apple-brand-wealthy-investors-20120724,0,6955875.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Ftechnology+%28L.A.+Times+-+Technology+News%29

I guess I can make a generalization that most OCN Android users are poor and uneducated. /arcasm rolleyes.gif See what I did there?

Your friend will sit on his butt all day and play Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft regardless of the type of phone he has.
Edited by Clairvoyant129 - 11/30/12 at 12:35pm
 
Surface Pro 3
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3720QM @ 2.6GHz/3.6GHz Turbo  HM77 Geforce GT650M 1GB GDDR5 @ 900MHz 16GB @ 1600MHz  
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB Samsung PM830 SSD OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion 2880x1800 Retina Display 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5-4300U @1.9GHz/2.5GHz Turbo Intel HD4400 8GB @ 1600MHz 256GB SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro 2160x1440 ClearType HD  Surface Pro Type Cover 3 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Surface Pro 3
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3720QM @ 2.6GHz/3.6GHz Turbo  HM77 Geforce GT650M 1GB GDDR5 @ 900MHz 16GB @ 1600MHz  
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB Samsung PM830 SSD OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion 2880x1800 Retina Display 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5-4300U @1.9GHz/2.5GHz Turbo Intel HD4400 8GB @ 1600MHz 256GB SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro 2160x1440 ClearType HD  Surface Pro Type Cover 3 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tablets
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Tablets › [CNNMoney] 11 Apple iPads per hour vs. zero Microsoft Surface tablets