Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [USA T]Microsoft sells 750,000 Xbox 360s during Black Friday
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[USA T]Microsoft sells 750,000 Xbox 360s during Black Friday - Page 14  

post #131 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCSarge View Post

the next person to say this needs to go poke themself with a fork and come back to reality, all those people, GURANTEED DONT KNOW, that there is a new console coming SO SHUT UP ABOUT IT ALREADY.
its compulsive consumerism, its the way america works, go to the mall, buy stuff, eat and then buy more stuff and go home.
xbox comes in a shiny box, with extra stuff that people think is "free" but in reality its rolled into the price, the consumer's mind is drawn to "look what i get with it for FREE" and they buy it in droves .

Like the other guy said the next gen consoles are 1 to 2 years away. If someone wants to play some games that is a long way away. I also find it amusing that you think someone must be ignorant too buy tech at $150 because no one would do that if they know something new and better is coming out in a year... rolleyes.gif This is OCN where people regularly upgrade their PC for far more then that on a yearly basis even though they know in a year something better is going to be out. Yes, I know that not exactly an apples to apples comparison but it does certainly apply to a degree.
post #132 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCSarge View Post

the next person to say this needs to go poke themself with a fork and come back to reality, all those people, GURANTEED DONT KNOW, that there is a new console coming SO SHUT UP ABOUT IT ALREADY.
its compulsive consumerism, its the way america works, go to the mall, buy stuff, eat and then buy more stuff and go home.
xbox comes in a shiny box, with extra stuff that people think is "free" but in reality its rolled into the price, the consumer's mind is drawn to "look what i get with it for FREE" and they buy it in droves .

You need to read 3 posts above. The original post i made was to general i can see.
Behind the Curve
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4570 GA-Z87-D3H MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G Adata green special DDR3 1333 4x 4GB (16GB kit) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Samsung DVD+RW CM 212 Windows 8.1 pro 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 34" 21:9 LG 23" 16:9 DELL!!! Corsair TX750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 692 with window Razer-LACHESIS Razer-Sphex Pad Logitech 5.1 surround 
  hide details  
Behind the Curve
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4570 GA-Z87-D3H MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G Adata green special DDR3 1333 4x 4GB (16GB kit) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Samsung DVD+RW CM 212 Windows 8.1 pro 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 34" 21:9 LG 23" 16:9 DELL!!! Corsair TX750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 692 with window Razer-LACHESIS Razer-Sphex Pad Logitech 5.1 surround 
  hide details  
post #133 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyalive View Post

Like the other guy said the next gen consoles are 1 to 2 years away. If someone wants to play some games that is a long way away. I also find it amusing that you think someone must be ignorant too buy tech at $150 because no one would do that if they know something new and better is coming out in a year... rolleyes.gif This is OCN where people regularly upgrade their PC for far more then that on a yearly basis even though they know in a year something better is going to be out. Yes, I know that not exactly an apples to apples comparison but it does certainly apply to a degree.

Good point even before us PC enthusiasts by a piece of hardware it is ALREADY! obsolete. Counter point... The 360 has been obsolete for 2-3 years.
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
post #134 of 153
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyalive View Post

Like the other guy said the next gen consoles are 1 to 2 years away. If someone wants to play some games that is a long way away. I also find it amusing that you think someone must be ignorant too buy tech at $150 because no one would do that if they know something new and better is coming out in a year... rolleyes.gif This is OCN where people regularly upgrade their PC for far more then that on a yearly basis even though they know in a year something better is going to be out. Yes, I know that not exactly an apples to apples comparison but it does certainly apply to a degree.
Exactly, i can buy an xbox at $500 back in 05 THAT $500 bucks is still playing games with millions online. With a PC i spend $500 a year just on side grades. I love putting together a computer but jeez to the rest of the world we look like the biggest idiots thumb.gif
post #135 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks keep you warm View Post

Exactly, i can buy an xbox at $500 back in 05 THAT $500 bucks is still playing games with millions online. With a PC i spend $500 a year just on side grades. I love putting together a computer but jeez to the rest of the world we look like the biggest idiots thumb.gif

Its quite funny because I get laughed at sometimes in these forums because I'm still gaming on an Quad core Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz ( Due to a lot of bad luck lately. ) Although my 360 has been borked ever since I lent my brother it and it came back with a RRoD it'll cost at least £60 to fix it ( Which I'm pretty certain it'll just be replaced with another Unit anyway )

BTW, what is this "Black Friday" I keep hearing about but never see ?

EDIT: I didn't realise that "What the Fudge" in it's abbreviated form was filtered by the swear filter. Changed it anyway.

Edited by Superplush - 12/1/12 at 4:57am
post #136 of 153
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superplush View Post

Its quite funny because I get laughed at sometimes in these forums because I'm still gaming on an Quad core Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz ( Due to a lot of bad luck lately. ) Although my 360 has been borked ever since I lent my brother it and it came back with a RRoD it'll cost at least £60 to fix it ( Which I'm pretty certain it'll just be replaced with another Unit anyway )
BTW, *** is this "Black Friday" I keep hearing about but never see ?
It's an American thing biggrin.gif I don't laught at you, people here just think you need the latest and greatest to play game. I had money which is the only reason i spend.
post #137 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks keep you warm View Post

It's an American thing biggrin.gif I don't laugh at you, people here just think you need the latest and greatest to play game. I had money which is the only reason i spend.

Ah okay, thanks for the info!

I totally agree with you, I did have a great rig but ... embarrassingly I had to give it up, strip it and sell it for parts to pay for my Motorcycle to be fixed ... first world gamer problems , right ? redface.gif

I game on my old Q8300 @ 2.33 GHz but with 4GB DDR2 and a HD5870 1GB under the hood so it's a little "Lob sided" power-wise, I really do see the need for a great rig. For instance, I would love nothing more than to get a fully water-cooled top-of-the-line system up for the next 10 to 12 years then start again. Just like people mod cars, bikes, buildings.. wish I lived in the US, you guys get the best stuff at the cheapest prices compared to everywhere else ... B*STARDS! tongue.gif

I do think the numbers are slightly Skewed, heck, they sold alot of 360's but as I've seen here. There are the few peeps that're re-buying what they had but broke. I wonder how much Microsoft has made on broken Xboxs which the owners have just re-bought the system instead of repairing it?

EDIT: Just cleaned up rogue symbols and spellings.
post #138 of 153
Its funny because new consoles come out soon....

Silly people buying out dated consoles.
Air Force 1
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 7600k @4.8 ASUS z170 Sabertooth S EVGA GTX 980ti Ref 2x8gb Ripjaw-X @3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD 2tb Black WD 1tb Blue Sandisk 120 Asus 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CM Nepton 280L Windows 10 x64 lg 34uc69g-b Patriot v760 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ ZX 850 Phanteks Entho Pro Green Mionix Naos 7000 Custom 36"x12" starcitizen mat 
Audio
Dayton BR-1 
  hide details  
Air Force 1
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 7600k @4.8 ASUS z170 Sabertooth S EVGA GTX 980ti Ref 2x8gb Ripjaw-X @3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD 2tb Black WD 1tb Blue Sandisk 120 Asus 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CM Nepton 280L Windows 10 x64 lg 34uc69g-b Patriot v760 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ ZX 850 Phanteks Entho Pro Green Mionix Naos 7000 Custom 36"x12" starcitizen mat 
Audio
Dayton BR-1 
  hide details  
post #139 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

Good point even before us PC enthusiasts by a piece of hardware it is ALREADY! obsolete. Counter point... The 360 has been obsolete for 2-3 years.

Except it isn't obsolete and won't be for atleast another year, it is just old. There is nothing that is "better" in the console world. There are things that are its rivals but both are more of sidegrades and/or preference choices. Sure PC's are much better but there is a reason for consoles, they are simple and appeal to a very large gaming crowd. Also there are still new and even exclusive games that have been recently released or will be released before its replacement is launched. I wish more people PC'd personally but that isn't always the case and to deny that there is a market for consolers that does include knowledgeable buyers who even knowing that there something better on the horizon(at minimum 1 year away) still choose to buy one because it fits their current needs is silly. This doesn't make them idiots or morons, just people with different wants/needs then a PC enthusiast will have.

PS and even enthusiasts will buy 2 or 3 year old tech that other enthusiasts would consider obsolete if it fits a current want or need.
Edited by fantasyalive - 12/1/12 at 6:12am
post #140 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFALL3Nx View Post

Its funny because new consoles come out soon....
Silly people buying out dated consoles.

Hey, hey, wait a minute there! That sounds too logical! Be careful what you say here. The xbox360 elitists will rage on you for having an opinion. They Also want you to stab yourself with a fork..


Lol thanks for making sense. smile.gif
Behind the Curve
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4570 GA-Z87-D3H MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G Adata green special DDR3 1333 4x 4GB (16GB kit) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Samsung DVD+RW CM 212 Windows 8.1 pro 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 34" 21:9 LG 23" 16:9 DELL!!! Corsair TX750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 692 with window Razer-LACHESIS Razer-Sphex Pad Logitech 5.1 surround 
  hide details  
Behind the Curve
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4570 GA-Z87-D3H MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G Adata green special DDR3 1333 4x 4GB (16GB kit) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Samsung DVD+RW CM 212 Windows 8.1 pro 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 34" 21:9 LG 23" 16:9 DELL!!! Corsair TX750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 692 with window Razer-LACHESIS Razer-Sphex Pad Logitech 5.1 surround 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [USA T]Microsoft sells 750,000 Xbox 360s during Black Friday