Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › Overclock.net Related News and Information › Revised/Updated Rules : Overclock.net Marketplace
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Revised/Updated Rules : Overclock.net Marketplace

post #1 of 30
Thread Starter 
Hello members of the Overclock.net community.


Over the last few months the marketplace mods and the senior mods have been hammering away on some updates to the For sale/wanted section rules.

This update is for two reasons:

*The new features that Huddler brought such as bumping listings without having to post.
*The clarification of some rules.

I will outline a few of more prominent changes here although I urge everyone to have a look at the full set of rules.

3. This section is not provided for the purposes of a personal resale outlet.
The occasional new/recently purchased item(s) that you decided to not keep are acceptable provided the following conditions are met:

1. The items are sold for your cost price (no profit to be made at all).
2. You have listed no more than four (4) new/recently purchased items in the last twelve (12) months.

Before you list such items please PM a marketplace moderator or a senior moderator with proof of purchase cost.


The odd occasional volume purchase of low cost items like fans being offered far below retail for the benefit of the membership are permissible.

Before you list such items please PM a marketplace moderator or a senior moderator with proof of purchase cost and the number of items you have.

Any NIB/open box/volume sale listings not verified by the staff will be removed


We do not allow the sale of items for profit so in order to keep the marketplace casual we will be limiting the number of these items each member can list and requiring proof of purchase cost before they are listed.


8. For Sale listings must include a photograph of the actual item(s) for sale as well as a note with your Overclock.net name and the date

At this present time it is highly unlikely that an OCN member cannot get a hold of a camera of some sort whether it is a DSLR, point and shoot or even a phone camera, this will also bring us inline with almost every other major forum.


Thread bashing and off topic posts will result in the posts being removed. A second offense will result in an official warning, a third offense will result in a 30 day ban from the marketplace and a fourth offense will result in a permanent ban from the marketplace.

Thread bashing is something we take very seriously here but we do not wish to take action against your membership as a whole so we will be banning from the marketplace for repeated offenses.


13.1 Listing Maintenance: You must close your listing using the close this listing button found in the first post when you wish to stop bumping the listing or when all items are sold.

13.2 You must maintain your listing (bumping it or closing it using the buttons in the first post when required). Listings over 30 days of the last bump will be closed by the marketplace staff.

13.3 Failure to Maintain the listing: First offense will result in a PM warning, Second offense will result in a official warning being issued, a third offense will result in a 30 day ban from the marketplace, a fourth offense will result in a permanent ban from the marketplace.


Huddler makes it so easy to close your own listings, the marketplace staff spend a crazy amount of time closing members listings that we will be banning from the marketplace for repeated failures to maintain listings.


21. The following types of software sales/wanteds/trades are prohibited.
*In Game Items

*Software keys not accompanied by original media: This includes steam games, pack deals or any other digital download.

*Promotional software:Any software received with a hardware purchase must not be sold separately.



We have disallowed non physical games for a while now with the exception of steam group buys however we are now disallowing all non physical items for being sold or traded here.
The promotional software coupons that are sometimes provided with graphics cards and other hardware are just that "promotional" and are not allowed to be sold or traded here.



These rules will go live on: 30/11/12

If you have any questions feel free to post them here and we will try our best to answer them.
post #2 of 30

Great! A week ago I saw some guy selling 10 ipads for way too much. I also like that you have post a photo thumb.gif

post #3 of 30
Mixed feelings. OTOH, I love that photos are required, and the reminder about selling for a profit, but OTOH I dislike the ability to sell digital software. I also dislike the limit of 4 new/recently purchased items. I feel that's a mistake as long as a member adheres to all other guidelines.

I love the OCN market, and always make it one of my stops when I'm looking for something. New regulations are great if they streamline the transactions and listings. They're bad when they limit what available.

Just my two cents.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[INTEL] i7 930, 4.4ghz @ 1.27V [Asus] Rampage III Extreme [Sapphire] 2X 6950's Flashed to 6970's @950/1425 [G.SKILL] Ripjaws X Series 12GB DDR3 @ 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Crucial] 2X C300's in Raid0 & [Samsung] 2X 1TB F3 [Hewlett-Packard] DVD-RW [Microsoft] Windows 7 64-bit [Asus] 3X 23" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsoft] Sidewinder X6 [Kingwin] Lazer LZ-1000 [Xigmatek] Elysium (Being Modded) [Microsoft] Sidewinder 
Mouse Pad
[XTrac] Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[INTEL] i7 930, 4.4ghz @ 1.27V [Asus] Rampage III Extreme [Sapphire] 2X 6950's Flashed to 6970's @950/1425 [G.SKILL] Ripjaws X Series 12GB DDR3 @ 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Crucial] 2X C300's in Raid0 & [Samsung] 2X 1TB F3 [Hewlett-Packard] DVD-RW [Microsoft] Windows 7 64-bit [Asus] 3X 23" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsoft] Sidewinder X6 [Kingwin] Lazer LZ-1000 [Xigmatek] Elysium (Being Modded) [Microsoft] Sidewinder 
Mouse Pad
[XTrac] Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 30
If I list a item that I recieve new as an RMA,how should I list this item.I do not think the price will be an issue as no one ever pays what you paid even if it is BNIB.In short,how should a BNIB item that is aquired from the manufactures RMA process be listed.Does it count as one of your 4 allowed BNIB items?

EDIT: Must this BNIB item that was recieved through the manufactures RMA program also be approved by a modderator before it is listed?

EDIT: Could you consider a rule as to how long a seller has before he must either ship or send the money back? If a seller promises to ship "as soon as I get the money" and does not keep his promise are we going to have any recourse besides making a comment in his trader rating? I think a seller that is habitualy late should suffer something like a months ban on first verified offense,increasing with each verified infraction.

EDIT: requiring a picture of a cpu needs some explaining.Must all numbers on the cpu be visible.How about cpus that have been polished and all numbers are gone? In short,who does not know what a cpu looks like if you are not going to require numbers are visible?
Edited by PCCstudent - 11/28/12 at 10:07am
WC Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930@4.05GHz ASUS P6X58D-Preminum XFX GeForce 275 896mb 6GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 150gb Raptor LightScan Win 7 64-bit Acer 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair HX620W Antec 1200 several various 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
WC Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930@4.05GHz ASUS P6X58D-Preminum XFX GeForce 275 896mb 6GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 150gb Raptor LightScan Win 7 64-bit Acer 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair HX620W Antec 1200 several various 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 30
RMAs do not count towards the 4 item limit.

Digital software is something we have not allowed for a while now, we are just extending that to pack deals. The reason for not allowing digital software or non physical items in general is to protect both seller and buyer.
post #6 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post

Mixed feelings. OTOH, I love that photos are required, and the reminder about selling for a profit, but OTOH I dislike the ability to sell digital software. I also dislike the limit of 4 new/recently purchased items. I feel that's a mistake as long as a member adheres to all other guidelines.

I love the OCN market, and always make it one of my stops when I'm looking for something. New regulations are great if they streamline the transactions and listings. They're bad when they limit what available.

Just my two cents.

The rules as they stand can be revised if we feel that the current limitations pose an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCCstudent View Post

If I list a item that I recieve new as an RMA,how should I list this item.I do not think the price will be an issue as no one ever pays what you paid even if it is BNIB.In short,how should a BNIB item that is aquired from the manufactures RMA process be listed.Does it count as one of your 4 allowed BNIB items?

EDIT: Must this BNIB item that was recieved through the manufactures RMA program also be approved by a modderator before it is listed?

EDIT: Could you consider a rule as to how long a seller has before he must either ship or send the money back? If a seller promises to ship "as soon as I get the money" and does not keep his promise are we going to have any recourse besides making a comment in his trader rating? I think a seller that is habitualy late should suffer something like a months ban on first verified offense,increasing with each verified infraction.


We have always taken action against members who fail to ship an item or refund a user. We do however not take direct action against late shippers. We encourage users to state a shipment period and to try and adhere to it. However we do not actively reprimand users for late shipping. We only reprimand if a seller fails to ship and does not refund. Though like everything we do look at each case individually.
post #7 of 30
Enterprise,if I may.RMA items are almost as likely to be repaired items (as in motherboards) as they are new.Treating all items aquired through the RMA process as new is not accurate.In contrast, allowing the sale of an RMA motherboard for new price will allow profit to be made as it does not take into account depreciation.

EDIT: I do think you are "missing the boat" by not taking action on late shippers.

EDIT: As I understand it,items recieved as an RMA item do not need any approval or proof of purchase price, there are no listing approvals needed,price asked is not limited,does not add to your 4 allowed,you do not even need to prove you recieved the item as an RMA,also you can call an RMA item "NEW" or BNIB without any type of approval. The only change I would make is to have people prove they got the item through an RMA or if they do not want to prove this, not to mention RMA.As you probably know it is a big benefit to the seller if he can call an item "RMA".Thank You
Edited by PCCstudent - 11/28/12 at 10:42am
WC Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930@4.05GHz ASUS P6X58D-Preminum XFX GeForce 275 896mb 6GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 150gb Raptor LightScan Win 7 64-bit Acer 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair HX620W Antec 1200 several various 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
WC Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930@4.05GHz ASUS P6X58D-Preminum XFX GeForce 275 896mb 6GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 150gb Raptor LightScan Win 7 64-bit Acer 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair HX620W Antec 1200 several various 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 30
Thank you for bringing that up
We have amended the rule with "RMA items are also subject to verification before listing but do not count towards the 4 items limit."

So we will need to see the RMA paperwork before a member lists the item.
post #9 of 30
OK,I recently sold an RMA 655 pump.I listed it as BNIB but still lost 30.00 over new price.It seems people will pay that retail price from an etailer but if it is on the marketplace it does not matter if that box is sealed shut.Of course it will be up to the seller if he is going to include accessories with a motherboard marked RMA as these are not part of an RMA board.This might present a seller a bit of an edge if he can say "RMA motherboard with original box and all accessories". With older 790 chip boards from ASUS you can clearly see the board is repaired and not new.I turned one in for RMA that was out of warranty by serial number but in by my purchase date.This board must have sat on my retailers shelf awhile.It came back repaired.
WC Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930@4.05GHz ASUS P6X58D-Preminum XFX GeForce 275 896mb 6GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 150gb Raptor LightScan Win 7 64-bit Acer 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair HX620W Antec 1200 several various 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
WC Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930@4.05GHz ASUS P6X58D-Preminum XFX GeForce 275 896mb 6GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 150gb Raptor LightScan Win 7 64-bit Acer 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair HX620W Antec 1200 several various 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCCstudent View Post

Enterprise,if I may.RMA items are almost as likely to be repaired items (as in motherboards) as they are new.Treating all items aquired through the RMA process as new is not accurate.In contrast, allowing the sale of an RMA motherboard for new price will allow profit to be made as it does not take into account depreciation.

EDIT: I do think you are "missing the boat" by not taking action on late shippers.

EDIT: As I understand it,items recieved as an RMA item do not need any approval or proof of purchase price, there are no listing approvals needed,price asked is not limited,does not add to your 4 allowed,you do not even need to prove you recieved the item as an RMA,also you can call an RMA item "NEW" or BNIB without any type of approval. The only change I would make is to have people prove they got the item through an RMA or if they do not want to prove this, not to mention RMA.As you probably know it is a big benefit to the seller if he can call an item "RMA".Thank You

 

You will see I retracted that statement about a min after posting after rethinking that issue :) 

 

As for ''Missing the boat'' on late shippers. We are a Technology Enthusiast Forum with a Marketplace. We are not a Marketplace with a Technology Enthusiast Forum. What that means is that while we do have rules and procedures within the Marketplace, all deals are done at the risk of Buyers and Sellers. Our Marketplace is a ''Casual'' marketplace. We do not pretend nor would we ever want to be a Marketplace like Ebay. That is simply not our core goal as a forum community. We cannot police every aspect of the Marketplace which includes late shipment. While late shipment is a shame, it is an inconvenience, not a crime in our eyes. We will on a members behalf ask for an update but we take no more action other than that. The only action we would take is if shipment never happened and a refund was not processed, on those occasions the seller would be banned as a scammer.

 

Thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › Overclock.net Related News and Information › Revised/Updated Rules : Overclock.net Marketplace