Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › Most Powerful NES Computer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Most Powerful NES Computer - Page 8

post #71 of 233
Thread Starter 
Just to make sure; are you guys looking at the second post? It's where I've been posting the pictures of this build.
post #72 of 233
Yeah, ofc...it's amazing btw biggrin.gif
Wonder if the NES could run some form of linux lol
post #73 of 233
Thread Starter 
I tried to run Kombustor and the Intel burn test today with mixed results. The burn test passed but Kombustor cranked the 7750 past 95c before it switched itself off. Pretty toasty. And loud.

Also fitting the Display Port into where the RF and channel 3 and 4 switch is on the back of the case is proving difficult. This coupled with an ugly power connector is making me consider redoing this section of the case altogether. In keeping with my rule of maintaining maximum originality I plan on creating a new plane for the recess out of the same plastic but with more convenient ports. Any thoughts on the best way to do this?
post #74 of 233
Kombustor is a gpu killer...forget it. Run 3dmark11 and heaven for a more realistic load test.
post #75 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugpuppy View Post

I tried to run Kombustor and the Intel burn test today with mixed results. The burn test passed but Kombustor cranked the 7750 past 95c before it switched itself off. Pretty toasty. And loud.

Also fitting the Display Port into where the RF and channel 3 and 4 switch is on the back of the case is proving difficult. This coupled with an ugly power connector is making me consider redoing this section of the case altogether. In keeping with my rule of maintaining maximum originality I plan on creating a new plane for the recess out of the same plastic but with more convenient ports. Any thoughts on the best way to do this? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Kombuster is pointless. Play a game or run some kind of benchmark to get an accurate idea of the temperatures.

As for the display port, maybe make some kind of bracket that can be mounted on the inside of the case to secure it into place allowing access from the outside without screwing up the look. Then cut something to fill the hole flush and surround the display port giving it an original look.

Epic build so far BTW, I would love to do something similar.
X58
(10 items)
 
Still Kickin'
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5670 @4.4GHz ASUS P6X58D-E EVGA GTX 980Ti @1455/3766 12GB Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850/OCZ Trion 150 Corsair H100i Windows 10 Professional  Asus PB258Q 
Power
Corsair AX650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5470 (LGA 771)  ASUS PQ5 PRO TURBO EVGA GTX 980Ti Random DDR2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 250GB LEPA Exllusion 240 Windows 10 Pro Asus PB258Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair AX650 TBD Razer Mamba TE 
  hide details  
Reply
X58
(10 items)
 
Still Kickin'
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5670 @4.4GHz ASUS P6X58D-E EVGA GTX 980Ti @1455/3766 12GB Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850/OCZ Trion 150 Corsair H100i Windows 10 Professional  Asus PB258Q 
Power
Corsair AX650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5470 (LGA 771)  ASUS PQ5 PRO TURBO EVGA GTX 980Ti Random DDR2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 250GB LEPA Exllusion 240 Windows 10 Pro Asus PB258Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair AX650 TBD Razer Mamba TE 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugpuppy View Post

I tried to run Kombustor and the Intel burn test today with mixed results. The burn test passed but Kombustor cranked the 7750 past 95c before it switched itself off. Pretty toasty. And loud.

Also fitting the Display Port into where the RF and channel 3 and 4 switch is on the back of the case is proving difficult. This coupled with an ugly power connector is making me consider redoing this section of the case altogether. In keeping with my rule of maintaining maximum originality I plan on creating a new plane for the recess out of the same plastic but with more convenient ports. Any thoughts on the best way to do this?
a hd7750 that passes 95 how even.
The guy is right about kombuster as it is furmark based.
On the other hand how it is the lowest power consumption card of this gen (if this is on air then you should include it in your loop with a simple block thumb.gif
post #77 of 233
I recommend adding the 7750 to the loop. I was getting 90C on air, too. With a 65w cpu and the 7750 on a 120mm rad, my GPU temps maxed out at 40 C. I upgraded to a gtx 660 (tdp 145W) and the GPU maxes at 55 C. The 660 even has a full water block (VRM and RAM cooling). For your 7750, the Koolance 210 is a nice little water block. Ill mail the one i have sitting around to you if you PM me your address smile.gif.

Btw I'm using 1/4 ID tubing and anti kink coil, but I think 3/8 would be a better idea if I were to try it again (to reduce restriction).
post #78 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by ettescott View Post

I recommend adding the 7750 to the loop. I was getting 90C on air, too. With a 65w cpu and the 7750 on a 120mm rad, my GPU temps maxed out at 40 C. I upgraded to a gtx 660 (tdp 145W) and the GPU maxes at 55 C. The 660 even has a full water block (VRM and RAM cooling). For your 7750, the Koolance 210 is a nice little water block. Ill mail the one i have sitting around to you if you PM me your address smile.gif.

Btw I'm using 1/4 ID tubing and anti kink coil, but I think 3/8 would be a better idea if I were to try it again (to reduce restriction).
They're good blocks but why not get a gpu-180-h06 block they are flatter only 11mm in height if you mount them with custom DIY mounting.
post #79 of 233
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ettescott View Post

I recommend adding the 7750 to the loop. I was getting 90C on air, too. With a 65w cpu and the 7750 on a 120mm rad, my GPU temps maxed out at 40 C. I upgraded to a gtx 660 (tdp 145W) and the GPU maxes at 55 C. The 660 even has a full water block (VRM and RAM cooling). For your 7750, the Koolance 210 is a nice little water block. Ill mail the one i have sitting around to you if you PM me your address smile.gif.

Btw I'm using 1/4 ID tubing and anti kink coil, but I think 3/8 would be a better idea if I were to try it again (to reduce restriction).

Wow, I didn't think that I would be able include my video card in the loop but you guys bring me hope. Unfortunately I estimate that I have somewhere between 15 and 12mm of room for a block so that counts this out http://koolance.com/gpu-210-video-card-vga-chipset-water-block. The gpu-180-h06 on the other hand does look like it would fit . It is fairly hideous though tongue.gif

Also its to bad that this is gigantic, because it would match my cpu cooler. http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=30793
post #80 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugpuppy View Post

Wow, I didn't think that I would be able include my video card in the loop but you guys bring me hope. Unfortunately I estimate that I have somewhere between 15 and 12mm of room for a block so that counts this out http://koolance.com/gpu-210-video-card-vga-chipset-water-block. The gpu-180-h06 on the other hand does look like it would fit . It is fairly hideous though tongue.gif

Also its to bad that this is gigantic, because it would match my cpu cooler. http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=30793
Well it will be in a Nes so don't see why it is too hideous.
You really don't have much of joice but the best would be to take the gpu-180-h06 block and drill out a steel thick mounting bracket it works so good I'm using one plate to mount 2 of them.
Extremely space efficient blocks biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Mod Work Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › Most Powerful NES Computer