Originally Posted by Stefy
That is good to hear!
I just had to send in my 6950 because of coil whine. Thought it was a good idea while it still has warranty. I did some research on Haswell and some people are saying that it could offer a significant performance boost over Ivy, but others are saying arond 10%. Don't think I will wait for Haswell, but it made me delay my purchase a bit. Will wait a couple of days until I'm 100% sure.
if you wait too long you're gonna regret it. just like what happened with my two gtx 480's. I waited too long and I had a hard time selling it. I sold it dirt cheap it was killing me inside. don't wait too long. do it while your system still has a decent resale value. just my 2 cents
like what I said before I upgraded from an i7 950, gigabyte x58-ud3h and a corsair 6gb kit 1600 cl8. I only sold it for 1/3 the price I got it brand new but hey. the i5 3570k and a decent board and ram is quite cheaper today.I only spent so little with this upgrade but the performance increase was awesome Edited by jprovido - 11/30/12 at 3:16am