Originally Posted by un1b4ll Do you have any idea what you're talking about?
That was rude, please understand that OCN is inundated with mindless Apple hate and I am at critical mass with dealing with peoples' stupidity.
You're right about it being a port, that's for sure, but 5 useless programs?
1. Quicktime is it's own media player, it's both a foundation and an interface and everything that runs in iTunes is based off of this.
2. Bonjour is a zero configuration protocol that has many uses. For iTunes, it manages it's home sharing feature without relying on users to manually configure.
3. Apple Mobile Device Driver is what supports a proprietary networking over usb protocol used to sync with portable devices. Why proprietary? Wifi sync.
4. Apple Software Update goes without saying, average users dont' think to update manually and will only do so when prompted. Why isn't it integrated into iTunes? Because there's more than one piece of software that it'll work with; you should
be able to update bonjour without having iTunes installed.
5. Apple Application Support is the integration framework used by Quicktime for accessing codecs and whatnot, since Quicktime doesn't function like any other media player on the platform.
Another tunnel vision approach to a topic based solely off of one's own experience with complete disregard to the fact that you are not the only person alive. But then again, this is OCN.