Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Crossover 27Q LED-P Pivot 2560x1440 WQHD Quad HD Monitor on laptop and ps3 initially.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crossover 27Q LED-P Pivot 2560x1440 WQHD Quad HD Monitor on laptop and ps3 initially.

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Hi chaps.

I'm having to build my gaming rig in stages.

I work on a viao laptop with a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 256mb. I was looking at buying the above monitor and using this on the laptop / PS3 console until I get my rig built. I understand that I can do this by using a hdmi to dvi-d coverter cable for now.

However, there is a stipulation on the ebay sellers pages stating that the monitor will only work with certain cards. Mine is not listed.

So can I use the above monitor on both my PS3 and lappie for now and until I get a rig set up? Is the lappie graphics card up to the task?

Thanks for the help.
post #2 of 10
Well you should be able to get the monitor working with just an HDMI cable, but it wont get the full resolution, you will be limited to 1080p.
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
That's great. Understand that the monitor only has a DVI port or what looks like s3? on the side?
post #4 of 10
You need a 1:1 scaler.

The Crossover 2720MDP 1440p S-IPS Monitor has HDMI input and a scaler.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CROSSOVER-2720MDP-GOLD-LED-27-HDMI-DP-Port-D-Sub-Built-in-Speaker-Monitor-/320890001835

BigClothCraft (BCC) also sells the Yamasaki Catleap Q270 with HDMI and scaler.

I don't think the Crossover 27Q LED-P have scaler which means you would need to use a HDMI-DVI adapter.
Edited by Koehler - 12/3/12 at 1:04am
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Thanks.

So I presume the difference between both the crossover monitor (the one I picked and the one suggested) is the HDMI. I presume it will make no difference to my gaming?

Is the Catleap a better monitor? As far as I can tell after viewing the forum is that the Crossover is better.

Lastly, I play both FPS, role playing and for general work (office etc.). Just to make sure, I presume I'm making the right choice (IPS) as it appears the lag could make a difference on a FPs but better overall on the other office and role playing games. Is this a pretty accurate assumption/

Thanks again for all your help chaps.
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianj View Post

Thanks.
So I presume the difference between both the crossover monitor (the one I picked and the one suggested) is the HDMI. I presume it will make no difference to my gaming?
Is the Catleap a better monitor? As far as I can tell after viewing the forum is that the Crossover is better.
Lastly, I play both FPS, role playing and for general work (office etc.). Just to make sure, I presume I'm making the right choice (IPS) as it appears the lag could make a difference on a FPs but better overall on the other office and role playing games. Is this a pretty accurate assumption/
Thanks again for all your help chaps.

You need to get the Korean monitor which comes with a scaler and HDMI if you want to play console games on your monitor.

I like the CrossOver because it has a classier and more attractive design compared to the Yamakasi.
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Great.

The one you mentioned is not shipped to the UK. So is there any terminology mentioned in the ad that I should look for that refers to a 'scaler' when looking for a new dealer that ships to the UK?

Or do I just look for a HDMI port?

thanks
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianj View Post

Great.
The one you mentioned is not shipped to the UK. So is there any terminology mentioned in the ad that I should look for that refers to a 'scaler' when looking for a new dealer that ships to the UK?
Or do I just look for a HDMI port?
thanks

A scaler would allow a 1:1 conversion. Without a scaler you would probably be playing at 720p.
post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Thanks.

I have sent messages to the only two dealers that send the screen to the UK. Both unfortunately though replying have not answered the question. Which makes me think there is not a scaler. Are you able to make a suggestion for another monitor that is as good quality + hdmi and the scaler that I should consider instead? Please read my spec earlier in the thread.

Thanks chaps. Sorry to keep asking but it's all a little bit new to me.
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianj View Post

Thanks.
I have sent messages to the only two dealers that send the screen to the UK. Both unfortunately though replying have not answered the question. Which makes me think there is not a scaler. Are you able to make a suggestion for another monitor that is as good quality + hdmi and the scaler that I should consider instead? Please read my spec earlier in the thread.
Thanks chaps. Sorry to keep asking but it's all a little bit new to me.

This Yamakasi Catleap has HDMI and a scaler:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Yamakasi-Catleap-HDMI-1-4a-Q271-LED-2560x1440-WQHD-S-IPS-Monitor-HDMI-/140808076813?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20c8d0be0d
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Crossover 27Q LED-P Pivot 2560x1440 WQHD Quad HD Monitor on laptop and ps3 initially.