Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] Calamity (SM8/G1 Sniper 3 Water Cooled Build)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] Calamity (SM8/G1 Sniper 3 Water Cooled Build) - Page 18

post #171 of 513
i like teh idea of balck rads, and glossy white mounts personaly smile.gif
Big Bang Theory
(15 items)
 
old meets new
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k @ 4.1 GHz Big Bang Xpower II HIS 7970 ICE X2 HIS 7970 ICE X2 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Ripjaw Z 64GB @ 1833 MHz Vertex 4 512GB Vertex 4 512GB H80i 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Auria 27" (2560x1440) Auria 27" (2560x1440) Lepa G. 1600 
CaseMouseAudio
HAF X 942 Corsair M90 Senheiser S170 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Q6600 EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 ASUS 5850-Top Direct CU 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
DDR2 Dominators 1x 80GB samsung H70 XP Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell 22" (1680x1050) Sony 17" (800x900) Auria 27" (2560x1440) Wolf king 
PowerCase
Ultra X4 1600W CM HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Bang Theory
(15 items)
 
old meets new
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k @ 4.1 GHz Big Bang Xpower II HIS 7970 ICE X2 HIS 7970 ICE X2 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Ripjaw Z 64GB @ 1833 MHz Vertex 4 512GB Vertex 4 512GB H80i 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Auria 27" (2560x1440) Auria 27" (2560x1440) Lepa G. 1600 
CaseMouseAudio
HAF X 942 Corsair M90 Senheiser S170 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Q6600 EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 ASUS 5850-Top Direct CU 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
DDR2 Dominators 1x 80GB samsung H70 XP Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell 22" (1680x1050) Sony 17" (800x900) Auria 27" (2560x1440) Wolf king 
PowerCase
Ultra X4 1600W CM HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #172 of 513
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskamobob1 View Post

i like teh idea of balck rads, and glossy white mounts personaly smile.gif


I was actually contemplating painting my rads white (except for the fins) and having the rad fans be either black frames/white blades, white frames/black blades or whites frames/green blades (depending if I can get the paint match to match well and for a decent price). I am going for a mostly white interior look, with splashes of black (most from things like the motherboard and pump obviously) and green (sleeving and coolant most likely). I will dabbling with things though, to see what I think looks the best in my eyes, but will probably be posting pictures of different results as they progress to see what everyone else thinks. thumb.gif I am not entirely sure yet if all white can be pulled off with the components I have thus far. We shall see though!
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #173 of 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post

I was actually contemplating painting my rads white (except for the fins) and having the rad fans be either black frames/white blades, white frames/black blades or whites frames/green blades (depending if I can get the paint match to match well and for a decent price). I am going for a mostly white interior look, with splashes of black (most from things like the motherboard and pump obviously) and green (sleeving and coolant most likely). I will dabbling with things though, to see what I think looks the best in my eyes, but will probably be posting pictures of different results as they progress to see what everyone else thinks. thumb.gif I am not entirely sure yet if all white can be pulled off with the components I have thus far. We shall see though!

best looking rad ever IMO where white extrerior and black fins... also, if your rads wont be in p/p (i cant remember if you plan to or not) then hide your fans... i think the look of a bare rad is extreemely clean and nice... as for the green, i would not use any big patches of it... if i were doing a build like this i would use green soely as a contrast color that pulls everything together (just do little hints of it in everything, not all over the place)... and IDR if this has been mentioned before, but a gredd pastel coolent may look excelent in the build smile.gif
Big Bang Theory
(15 items)
 
old meets new
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k @ 4.1 GHz Big Bang Xpower II HIS 7970 ICE X2 HIS 7970 ICE X2 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Ripjaw Z 64GB @ 1833 MHz Vertex 4 512GB Vertex 4 512GB H80i 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Auria 27" (2560x1440) Auria 27" (2560x1440) Lepa G. 1600 
CaseMouseAudio
HAF X 942 Corsair M90 Senheiser S170 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Q6600 EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 ASUS 5850-Top Direct CU 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
DDR2 Dominators 1x 80GB samsung H70 XP Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell 22" (1680x1050) Sony 17" (800x900) Auria 27" (2560x1440) Wolf king 
PowerCase
Ultra X4 1600W CM HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Bang Theory
(15 items)
 
old meets new
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k @ 4.1 GHz Big Bang Xpower II HIS 7970 ICE X2 HIS 7970 ICE X2 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Ripjaw Z 64GB @ 1833 MHz Vertex 4 512GB Vertex 4 512GB H80i 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Auria 27" (2560x1440) Auria 27" (2560x1440) Lepa G. 1600 
CaseMouseAudio
HAF X 942 Corsair M90 Senheiser S170 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Q6600 EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 ASUS 5850-Top Direct CU 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
DDR2 Dominators 1x 80GB samsung H70 XP Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell 22" (1680x1050) Sony 17" (800x900) Auria 27" (2560x1440) Wolf king 
PowerCase
Ultra X4 1600W CM HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #174 of 513
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskamobob1 View Post

best looking rad ever IMO where white extrerior and black fins... also, if your rads wont be in p/p (i cant remember if you plan to or not) then hide your fans... i think the look of a bare rad is extreemely clean and nice... as for the green, i would not use any big patches of it... if i were doing a build like this i would use green soely as a contrast color that pulls everything together (just do little hints of it in everything, not all over the place)... and IDR if this has been mentioned before, but a gredd pastel coolent may look excelent in the build smile.gif


Yeah, I think once I get the SM8 pedestal sometime after Christmas and can put 2 more 480's in there, I will probably only run pull up top on my 480 (and might even switch to higher static pressure fans and go with a Monsta biggrin.gif). As for the green, I really only plan to use it for sleeving, the green pastel coolant (is a maybe at the moment, might go white tubes...will decide last minute when everything else is in place color wise...I assume you meant green pastel and not gredd pastel in your post above tongue.gif), and possibly the fan blades for the intake fans just to set a small green tone on the outside of the case too. I agree though that an expose white rad with black fins looks quite sexy. thumb.gif
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #175 of 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post

Yeah, I think once I get the SM8 pedestal sometime after Christmas and can put 2 more 480's in there, I will probably only run pull up top on my 480 (and might even switch to higher static pressure fans and go with a Monsta biggrin.gif). As for the green, I really only plan to use it for sleeving, the green pastel coolant (is a maybe at the moment, might go white tubes...will decide last minute when everything else is in place color wise...I assume you meant green pastel and not gredd pastel in your post above tongue.gif), and possibly the fan blades for the intake fans just to set a small green tone on the outside of the case too. I agree though that an expose white rad with black fins looks quite sexy. thumb.gif

lol... i type too fast for my own good redface.gif... and yah tongue.gif... also, i think probably one of the best green accents you could get would be to get SP120s and paint that ring teh green of your choosing... it will add a bit mroe green to tie it all together, but wont be overwhelming (witch is very easy to do with green BTW)
Big Bang Theory
(15 items)
 
old meets new
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k @ 4.1 GHz Big Bang Xpower II HIS 7970 ICE X2 HIS 7970 ICE X2 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Ripjaw Z 64GB @ 1833 MHz Vertex 4 512GB Vertex 4 512GB H80i 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Auria 27" (2560x1440) Auria 27" (2560x1440) Lepa G. 1600 
CaseMouseAudio
HAF X 942 Corsair M90 Senheiser S170 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Q6600 EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 ASUS 5850-Top Direct CU 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
DDR2 Dominators 1x 80GB samsung H70 XP Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell 22" (1680x1050) Sony 17" (800x900) Auria 27" (2560x1440) Wolf king 
PowerCase
Ultra X4 1600W CM HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Bang Theory
(15 items)
 
old meets new
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k @ 4.1 GHz Big Bang Xpower II HIS 7970 ICE X2 HIS 7970 ICE X2 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Ripjaw Z 64GB @ 1833 MHz Vertex 4 512GB Vertex 4 512GB H80i 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Auria 27" (2560x1440) Auria 27" (2560x1440) Lepa G. 1600 
CaseMouseAudio
HAF X 942 Corsair M90 Senheiser S170 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Q6600 EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 ASUS 5850-Top Direct CU 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
DDR2 Dominators 1x 80GB samsung H70 XP Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell 22" (1680x1050) Sony 17" (800x900) Auria 27" (2560x1440) Wolf king 
PowerCase
Ultra X4 1600W CM HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #176 of 513
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskamobob1 View Post

lol... i type too fast for my own good redface.gif... and yah tongue.gif... also, i think probably one of the best green accents you could get would be to get SP120s and paint that ring teh green of your choosing... it will add a bit mroe green to tie it all together, but wont be overwhelming (witch is very easy to do with green BTW)


I am probably doing NB eLoops for front intake case fans, so I can paint the 4 corner clips green. biggrin.gif Also, I am planning on eventually doing custom stickers that are green/white that I will most likely design myself and get sent off to be made the right size and all. So that will add just a touch of extra green too, but will probably be mostly white. Like you said, you don't want too much of your accent color...wouldn't really be an accent then, would it? tongue.gif A lot of the small odds and ends colors and what not will be decided once the basis "layout" of color for the main components is done and set in the case. I find it is a LOT easier to make things mesh well doing it in segments like that. I don't have enough artistic talent and foresight to determine how to do everything from the jump like a lot of other folks around here that make the amazing builds they do. tongue.gif But that is why I did a build log, to get some input from all the experts here on OCN! hehe
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #177 of 513
Damn what an insane build you got going on here. Can't wait to see the end product biggrin.gif
Baldy's Slave
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|Intel Core i5 4690K| |ASUS Z97-A| |Zotac GTX 660 2GB| |G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1... 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
|Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD| |CM Hyper 212 EVO| |Dell E2414Hx| |Rosewill Capstone 650W 80PLUS Gold| 
Case
|Fractal Design Core 3500| 
  hide details  
Reply
Baldy's Slave
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|Intel Core i5 4690K| |ASUS Z97-A| |Zotac GTX 660 2GB| |G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1... 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
|Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD| |CM Hyper 212 EVO| |Dell E2414Hx| |Rosewill Capstone 650W 80PLUS Gold| 
Case
|Fractal Design Core 3500| 
  hide details  
Reply
post #178 of 513
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post

Damn what an insane build you got going on here. Can't wait to see the end product biggrin.gif


Thanks, Baldy! Welcome to the party. thumb.gif Things should actually start moving along a lot faster here soon. Most of my remaining parts are on order, and on the way (hopefully here for the weekend biggrin.gif). I managed to get the motherboard and processor laid out in the case before my procedure yesterday, and am hoping to hook everything I have up today to make sure no components need RMA before the water cooling stuff gets here. The only thing I am not doing now is the pedestal and the extra 480mm UT60's in it with more fans and a better drain system. That will have to wait until after Christmas when my funds replenish from all the holiday shopping and having to ship it form Hawaii to Maryland. tongue.gif I think I will end up going full overkill too, and putting two more 480 UT60's in the pedestal, so each component has 480mm worth of rad. One 480mm would probably be perfectly fine for what I am doing with my CPU and 2 GPU's. OCN members are a bad influence on my wallet. tongue.gif
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #179 of 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post

I am probably doing NB eLoops for front intake case fans, so I can paint the 4 corner clips green. biggrin.gif Also, I am planning on eventually doing custom stickers that are green/white that I will most likely design myself and get sent off to be made the right size and all. So that will add just a touch of extra green too, but will probably be mostly white. Like you said, you don't want too much of your accent color...wouldn't really be an accent then, would it? tongue.gif A lot of the small odds and ends colors and what not will be decided once the basis "layout" of color for the main components is done and set in the case. I find it is a LOT easier to make things mesh well doing it in segments like that. I don't have enough artistic talent and foresight to determine how to do everything from the jump like a lot of other folks around here that make the amazing builds they do. tongue.gif But that is why I did a build log, to get some input from all the experts here on OCN! hehe

I have a nb eloop just sitting here un used. wink.gif

Those clips are rubber also.
 
Caselabs M8
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte Sniper 3 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance 8GB Low Profile Western Digital Cavier Black Samsung 830 SSD LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 64bit Seasonic Platinum 1000 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3770k MSI Mpower EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Samsung 830  LG Bluray Burner Corsair H100 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 7  Seasonic Platinum 1000 Caselabs M8 Razer Taipan 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Caselabs M8
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte Sniper 3 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance 8GB Low Profile Western Digital Cavier Black Samsung 830 SSD LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 64bit Seasonic Platinum 1000 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3770k MSI Mpower EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Samsung 830  LG Bluray Burner Corsair H100 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 7  Seasonic Platinum 1000 Caselabs M8 Razer Taipan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #180 of 513
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post

I have a nb eloop just sitting here un used. wink.gif
Those clips are rubber also.


Good to know, I thought they might be rubber though. Paint might not be such a good idea then, but I could always try dying them I suppose. Still not 100% sure if they are the fans I will go with for case fans, leaning that way, but there are some other options still too. I just want some good looking, silent fans for my regular case fans (since they are the only real "exposed" fans on my SM8), but I haven't pulled the trigger yet because of the price. Choice, choices! tongue.gif
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] Calamity (SM8/G1 Sniper 3 Water Cooled Build)