Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Solved] Help me choose an nvidia card.. :)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Solved] Help me choose an nvidia card.. :)

post #1 of 32
Thread Starter 
Hi guys, New to Overclock.net. Thought I'd ask some opinions on what Graphics card I should get with my Z77 Intel Build. I ordered a 3770k, MSI Z77A-GD65, and will be ordering RAM soon.. But I'm still lost on which Nvidia card to get. I play COD Bo2 Zombies, League of Legends, BF3, and an assortment of other games like Saint's Row 3. I like to Max out my settings (who doesn't?) and turn up all the flashy/shiny features. I sometimes like to stream to Twitch.tv and like to have above 45-60fps while streaming with Maxxed settings. I've been looking at the MSI 660ti, EVGA 670, and a few others. I'm only open to running one card, one one monitor @1080p, and I'd like to stick to $300-ish as possible, but may be open to closer to $500. If I can invest a bit more into a card and it last another year, that would be okay. Thanks in advance.
post #2 of 32
buy the evga ftw 2tb gtx670 you will be set for quite a while. forget ati drivers and no physx. good luck with your build
Stryker-PC
(17 items)
 
Homemade NAS
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd apu a6-5400k msi onboard corsair 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
western digital 2tb western digital 2tb hgst deskstar 3tb hgst deskstar 3tb 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
none nas4free hp logisys 480 
Case
logisys 
  hide details  
Reply
Stryker-PC
(17 items)
 
Homemade NAS
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd apu a6-5400k msi onboard corsair 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
western digital 2tb western digital 2tb hgst deskstar 3tb hgst deskstar 3tb 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
none nas4free hp logisys 480 
Case
logisys 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 32
The 660 Ti is solid at 1080p, but it sounds like you might be better off with the GTX 670 instead. Don't bother paying extra for the FTW card - just get a regular card and overclock it yourself.
post #4 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

The 660 Ti is solid at 1080p, but it sounds like you might be better off with the GTX 670 instead. Don't bother paying extra for the FTW card - just get a regular card and overclock it yourself.

I was really eyeing the EVGA 670 FTW+ with 4GB GDDR5 since it may help me futureproof since I like to run full textures and FFA and stuff. biggrin.gif
post #5 of 32
Nice choice of card in the EVGA 670 FTW - go for it.
post #6 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by K62-RIG View Post

Nice choice of card in the EVGA 670 FTW - go for it.
Thanks mate, I'm finally building a proper rig, and not going so budget. I'm upgrading from my last build that had a Sapphire AMD Radeon 6850 LOL. But yeah, I'm thinking one card with the 4GB of VRAM is better than an SLI setup, since some games seem to flip out when you try to run them with SLI.
post #7 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngcarson View Post

Thanks mate, I'm finally building a proper rig, and not going so budget. I'm upgrading from my last build that had a Sapphire AMD Radeon 6850 LOL. But yeah, I'm thinking one card with the 4GB of VRAM is better than an SLI setup, since some games seem to flip out when you try to run them with SLI.


If you want more vram than the average 2GB, then the EVGA GTX 670 FTW is an outstanding choice. IF you decide you are OK with running 2GB vram, then the EVGA reference GTX 670 is the choice I would go with (If you don't plan on upgrading when the 700 series cards come out, going with the FTW might be a decent call, as it will probably last longer since I imagine "some" games might push the 2GB to the limits by then even on single 1080p gaming). I know a lot of people know EVGA for their reference designs and their cooling, but I have been buying EVGA for over 10 years, never had a single issue with anything (GPU or Motherboards), and their customer service is second to none IF you do run into a problem. Just my 2cents.gif, hope this helps!


Regards,
Addiction
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post

If you want more vram than the average 2GB, then the EVGA GTX 670 FTW is an outstanding choice. IF you decide you are OK with running 2GB vram, then the EVGA reference GTX 670 is the choice I would go with (If you don't plan on upgrading when the 700 series cards come out, going with the FTW might be a decent call, as it will probably last longer since I imagine "some" games might push the 2GB to the limits by then even on single 1080p gaming). I know a lot of people know EVGA for their reference designs and their cooling, but I have been buying EVGA for over 10 years, never had a single issue with anything (GPU or Motherboards), and their customer service is second to none IF you do run into a problem. Just my 2cents.gif, hope this helps!
Regards,
Addiction

That's pretty much what I was thinking. The only other card I'd get would be an MSI GTX 670, if they made one with 4GB of VRAM.. Oh well, the EVGA backplate is sexy, and I've heard nothing but good things about them as a company and their customer service. I'm hoping the card will last me 2-3 years.. But who knows, maybe next gen consoles will step up their game and push computer hardware further. xD Thanks Addiction!
post #9 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngcarson View Post

That's pretty much what I was thinking. The only other card I'd get would be an MSI GTX 670, if they made one with 4GB of VRAM.. Oh well, the EVGA backplate is sexy, and I've heard nothing but good things about them as a company and their customer service. I'm hoping the card will last me 2-3 years.. But who knows, maybe next gen consoles will step up their game and push computer hardware further. xD Thanks Addiction!


Not a problem bud, more than happy to have helped. thumb.gif
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 32
Another vote for the EVGA 670. Gigabyte also makes a great one that will run much cooler and has a decent stock OC. 4GB won't help much right now but maybe in the future it will.
PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS Z170M-PLUS Asus Strix 1070 Gskill 4X4GB DDR4 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 512GB SSD Plextor M7VC 512GB SSD LG DVD Multi external Noctua NH-U9S + Noctua x2 + Be Quiet x2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win-10 Dell S2417DG  Logitech G710+ EVGA 550W Gold  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair SPEC-M2 Mionix 7000 Razer Sound Blaster Omni USB 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS Z170M-PLUS Asus Strix 1070 Gskill 4X4GB DDR4 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 512GB SSD Plextor M7VC 512GB SSD LG DVD Multi external Noctua NH-U9S + Noctua x2 + Be Quiet x2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win-10 Dell S2417DG  Logitech G710+ EVGA 550W Gold  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair SPEC-M2 Mionix 7000 Razer Sound Blaster Omni USB 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Solved] Help me choose an nvidia card.. :)