Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KitGuru] Pro lol player perma banned for abuse and harassment
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[KitGuru] Pro lol player perma banned for abuse and harassment - Page 6

post #51 of 143
I've been playing LoL for the past year, and i probably watch more streams of matches than i actually play. I am not familiar with the way IWD acted, however, from what i've read about it, and what i've experienced in the game, he was a repeat offender of the worst aspect of the LoL community.

As I was reading this thread, and the ones on reddit and various others sites, It occured to me:

Why not include random players as "referre's" during these matches? Two random players who can see the chat log, who can follow the teams, in the background, with no actual input into the match itself but who could then file official reports. Make it so that these officials would garner some sort of reward, be it, RP or IP (LoL ingame currency for purchasing champions,skins, and runes) or flat out runes.
You could make it so that a champion, in addition to having an RP and an IP cost, would have an "officiating cost" aswell. New champ get's release? don't have 6300IP or 975RP? Officiate 10-15 matches and he's yours.

It's like a check's and balances system, which isn't quite there yet, in LoL. They have the tribunal, however, i can name countless tribuanl cases i've viewed where i litterly had no idea who was the offender, or what he did that caused the report.
Additionally you'll get tribunal cases where a player, didn't say anything the entire match, and then wen't " LOL GG lmao" at the end of a win, and he's reported 5 times from the losing team for "Harassment".

Most sports have officiating members at every competition, I don't see why E-Sports couldn't have this as well.

The level of profit they would lose by giving away champions (if they were to do the previously mentioned incentive program), is compartively low, considering they would be giving the community a much more mature way to handle these situations, thereby increasing the community and the individuals spending money.

I didn't go into further depth concerning the in's and out's of including a system like this, but if you think about it, it could easily be done.
Might inspire some folks like IWD to not act like total morons in a game that should be nothing but enjoyment
post #52 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepardg View Post

I've been playing LoL for the past year, and i probably watch more streams of matches than i actually play. I am not familiar with the way IWD acted, however, from what i've read about it, and what i've experienced in the game, he was a repeat offender of the worst aspect of the LoL community.
As I was reading this thread, and the ones on reddit and various others sites, It occured to me:
Why not include random players as "referre's" during these matches? Two random players who can see the chat log, who can follow the teams, in the background, with no actual input into the match itself but who could then file official reports. Make it so that these officials would garner some sort of reward, be it, RP or IP (LoL ingame currency for purchasing champions,skins, and runes) or flat out runes.
You could make it so that a champion, in addition to having an RP and an IP cost, would have an "officiating cost" aswell. New champ get's release? don't have 6300IP or 975RP? Officiate 10-15 matches and he's yours.
It's like a check's and balances system, which isn't quite there yet, in LoL. They have the tribunal, however, i can name countless tribuanl cases i've viewed where i litterly had no idea who was the offender, or what he did that caused the report.
Additionally you'll get tribunal cases where a player, didn't say anything the entire match, and then wen't " LOL GG lmao" at the end of a win, and he's reported 5 times from the losing team for "Harassment".
Most sports have officiating members at every competition, I don't see why E-Sports couldn't have this as well.
The level of profit they would lose by giving away champions (if they were to do the previously mentioned incentive program), is compartively low, considering they would be giving the community a much more mature way to handle these situations, thereby increasing the community and the individuals spending money.
I didn't go into further depth concerning the in's and out's of including a system like this, but if you think about it, it could easily be done.
Might inspire some folks like IWD to not act like total morons in a game that should be nothing but enjoyment
I can see it getting abused into the ground, while adding more troubles for Riot to sort out "officiating abuse" reports.

Doesn't matter how big the officiating panel is, if you release it to normal players, it will just get abused.
Firstborn
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4.5 GHz 1.320 Vcore Gigabyte UD3 GTX 580 Lightning XE @ stock Ripjaws 16GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Black + 120GB Intel 510 ASUS 24X W7 x64 Dell 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cheap K200 AX850 CM HAF X MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
Firstborn
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4.5 GHz 1.320 Vcore Gigabyte UD3 GTX 580 Lightning XE @ stock Ripjaws 16GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Black + 120GB Intel 510 ASUS 24X W7 x64 Dell 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cheap K200 AX850 CM HAF X MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duplicated View Post

I can see it getting abused into the ground, while adding more troubles for Riot to sort out "officiating abuse" reports.
Doesn't matter how big the officiating panel is, if you release it to normal players, it will just get abused.

Then don't release it to normal players. Have a volunteer panel of people held to a higher standard. Think of it as random auditing of the game community, but with a definite presence on publicized games.

The more this behavior is considered to be the 'norm' in gaming and acceptable behavior, the worse it will get. That's what it's in the state it is now. We don't even need strict oversight, just a presence is enough. We don't need an internet nanny state, but when players exhibit a pattern of abuse or extreme behaviors, they should be followed up on appropriately. It may be hard work, but the threat of losing access to our precious games is usually enough to curb behavior. If not... losing access to the game at least removes that example from the system.
Malice
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 Gigabyte 7950 Windforce 3 G Skill Ripjaw X 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Force Series 3 SSD 240GB Samsung 500gb HDD  Samsung 300gb HDD Seagate 500gb HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1TB HDD LG DVD Super-Multi Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B CPU cooler Windows 7 64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VH236H 23" HD Saitek Eclipse I Backlit - Blue Cooler Master Silent Pro 800W Gold Cooler Master HAF932 Advanced 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kone+ Razer Carcharias 
  hide details  
Reply
Malice
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 Gigabyte 7950 Windforce 3 G Skill Ripjaw X 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Force Series 3 SSD 240GB Samsung 500gb HDD  Samsung 300gb HDD Seagate 500gb HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1TB HDD LG DVD Super-Multi Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B CPU cooler Windows 7 64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VH236H 23" HD Saitek Eclipse I Backlit - Blue Cooler Master Silent Pro 800W Gold Cooler Master HAF932 Advanced 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kone+ Razer Carcharias 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 143
I solved the problem with people bashing at me in HoN.
I bought a G13, so my keyboard is too far away from me to bother reaching for it to bash back. So I just ignore them and they eventually ragequit or go AFK.
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Tablet
(1 item)
 
Phone
(1 item)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770K @ 4.6ghz Asus Maximus V Extreme Asus GTX 670 DCII @ 1245/7000 Asus GTX 670 DCII @ 1245/7000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 16gb @ 2133mhz Corsair Force GT 180gb WD My Passport 2TB Corsair Hydro H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro Samsung Smart TV 40" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Elite  CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Battle Edition Razer Naga Molten Edition Razer Goliathus Extended XL Control Logitech G13 
Other
Razer Onza Tournament Edition 
Other
Asus VivoTab TF810C 
Other
HTC One X 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Tablet
(1 item)
 
Phone
(1 item)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770K @ 4.6ghz Asus Maximus V Extreme Asus GTX 670 DCII @ 1245/7000 Asus GTX 670 DCII @ 1245/7000 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 16gb @ 2133mhz Corsair Force GT 180gb WD My Passport 2TB Corsair Hydro H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro Samsung Smart TV 40" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Elite  CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Battle Edition Razer Naga Molten Edition Razer Goliathus Extended XL Control Logitech G13 
Other
Razer Onza Tournament Edition 
Other
Asus VivoTab TF810C 
Other
HTC One X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 143
It's a business.

Riot is protecting their brand and their image.

You have an emerging E sport that is growing everyday. The sponsorship potential is in its infancy. The company does not need a bully representing their product.
post #56 of 143
If something someone typed to you over the internet offends you that bad that you cry, report them, or whatever emo thing results from those actions, you are pretty weak minded and probably shouldn't be on the internet or even have chat enabled. What ever happened to speaking your mind about someone else. I know here in America we have this thing called free speech. Granted a games administrators can moderate their game chat however they deem necessary, but seriously if someone came up to you in real life or started shouting "you suck!" at Wal-Mart or w/e shop you decide to go to, do you call the police and say "that man hurt my feelings!". Nope, you'd go home and complain to your significant other or friends. Granted at some point someone will grow a pair of balls and probably kick that person shouting obscene things in the face, but there would be no repercussions from authorities(aka moderators)


Its a game.
Gaming Nation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 asus p6t v2 deluxe gtx 670 OCZ 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
corsair h100 windows 7 ultimate HP 2211 HP 2211 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
razer widow  750W corsair 650D razer mamba 
Audio
turtle beach x11 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Nation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 asus p6t v2 deluxe gtx 670 OCZ 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
corsair h100 windows 7 ultimate HP 2211 HP 2211 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
razer widow  750W corsair 650D razer mamba 
Audio
turtle beach x11 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 143
I could personally care less for LoL but dang it.... this means that all of these people getting perma banned in LOL will go over to dota 2......
MSI FX420
(13 items)
 
Blue Balls(RIP)
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-2310m @ 2.1ghz msi AMD HD6470m 1gb 4gb ddr3 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
500gb Win 7 premium 1366 x 768 LED panel 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3.4Ghz 24/7 (max 4.2GHz) EVGA 780i (2) SLI XFX 8800 GT xxx AND 8600GT for PhysX OCZ 2 X 2GB DDR2-800Mhz (max 1GHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 x 150GB raptor X(OS) 1 x 500GB WD(storage) HP Multi-Read Drive Win7 enterprise Samsung 24 inch LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Cordless Desktop S 510 Corsair 750W PSU Antec 900 Logitech Cordless Desktop S 510 
Audio
Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD Sempron mobile(2800+) IGP 736mb of RAM 35gb 
Optical DriveMonitorPowerCase
  hide details  
Reply
MSI FX420
(13 items)
 
Blue Balls(RIP)
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-2310m @ 2.1ghz msi AMD HD6470m 1gb 4gb ddr3 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
500gb Win 7 premium 1366 x 768 LED panel 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3.4Ghz 24/7 (max 4.2GHz) EVGA 780i (2) SLI XFX 8800 GT xxx AND 8600GT for PhysX OCZ 2 X 2GB DDR2-800Mhz (max 1GHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 x 150GB raptor X(OS) 1 x 500GB WD(storage) HP Multi-Read Drive Win7 enterprise Samsung 24 inch LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Cordless Desktop S 510 Corsair 750W PSU Antec 900 Logitech Cordless Desktop S 510 
Audio
Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD Sempron mobile(2800+) IGP 736mb of RAM 35gb 
Optical DriveMonitorPowerCase
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookster View Post

What do you get when you put together a bunch of cry babies and job-justifying moderators?

This.

You can't make people be nice to eachother. For every flame war that breaks out, would they prefer the person just quit the match? Quietly continue playing? (That's not about to happen.)
They ought to just leave it alone; they're going to kill the social aspect of their game by getting so needlessly involved in an iron-fist way.


What's wrong? No one taught you any manners? Can't handle basic decency or something?
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by husarowns View Post

If something someone typed to you over the internet offends you that bad that you cry, report them, or whatever emo thing results from those actions, you are pretty weak minded and probably shouldn't be on the internet or even have chat enabled. What ever happened to speaking your mind about someone else. I know here in America we have this thing called free speech. Granted a games administrators can moderate their game chat however they deem necessary, but seriously if someone came up to you in real life or started shouting "you suck!" at Wal-Mart or w/e shop you decide to go to, do you call the police and say "that man hurt my feelings!". Nope, you'd go home and complain to your significant other or friends. Granted at some point someone will grow a pair of balls and probably kick that person shouting obscene things in the face, but there would be no repercussions from authorities(aka moderators)
Its a game.

The 'This is Amurica! We gots Free Speech!' thing is just tired... free speech does not equal saying whatever you want without repurcushions and that's not what this is about. Frankly, in these games, you DON'T have free speech...

Why should it be acceptable to act like this in an online game when it is not acceptable in person?

That fact you call a large number of people 'weak minded' and 'emo' just says something about your views... as well as the rest of the post and it just in general not being the real state of things.

Just because I can... your Walmart example, if someone followed you around Walmart the whole time you were in there screaming at you, you could call the police if the resident authority (Walmart managers) didn't have the offender removed.
Malice
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 Gigabyte 7950 Windforce 3 G Skill Ripjaw X 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Force Series 3 SSD 240GB Samsung 500gb HDD  Samsung 300gb HDD Seagate 500gb HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1TB HDD LG DVD Super-Multi Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B CPU cooler Windows 7 64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VH236H 23" HD Saitek Eclipse I Backlit - Blue Cooler Master Silent Pro 800W Gold Cooler Master HAF932 Advanced 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kone+ Razer Carcharias 
  hide details  
Reply
Malice
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 Gigabyte 7950 Windforce 3 G Skill Ripjaw X 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Force Series 3 SSD 240GB Samsung 500gb HDD  Samsung 300gb HDD Seagate 500gb HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1TB HDD LG DVD Super-Multi Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B CPU cooler Windows 7 64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VH236H 23" HD Saitek Eclipse I Backlit - Blue Cooler Master Silent Pro 800W Gold Cooler Master HAF932 Advanced 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kone+ Razer Carcharias 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valor958 View Post

I completely agree with the internet in general bringing out the worst in people. Some light hearted jabbing is one thing, but the amount of filth in practically all online games is just an indicator of the times we're in. There are a lot of teens and young adults with absolutely no self control and an overwhelming feeling of entitlement that they can say and do what they want without reproach... bs on every level.
Inter-player interactions should be monitored and regulated a bit in online communities. If someone isn't very good at a game, who are you to tell them to stop playing altogether just because they aren't as good as you'd like? Maybe they're new? Maybe it's a shared account with a bad friend playing? You don't think they're aware they aren't doing as good? Since you feel the need to dictate they stop playing a game based on your whims, do you have an alternative entertainment activity to offer them? People use the internet to say and do things with a sense of seperation from themselves that they'd never do in a personal interaction. I think it's worse in 'pro gamers' since they feel their skill in a particular game gives them the right to be a jerk in person at a competition. I'd be likely to back hand someone if they spoke to me in person like they do online.
The whole 'grow a thicker skin' argument is tired as well. Why should we have to put up with the filth online when we wouldn't in person? Hasn't anyone ever heard of bad sportsmanship? If that's above peoples heads... how about just being a d-bag? I don't say things online I wouldn't in person, and have followed that since I'd like to consider myself an honest and 'face value' person. If more people took the extra half second to think and keep their mouths shut, they may make more friends and have a better reputation. Like has also been said, these players on a team can't carry it by themselves. Perhaps not alienating teammates and people in general would help in the long run. That... or a good smack to show you what the real world feels like.

 

applaud.gif

 

Bloody well said!

 

+1 Rep for you!

 

Good manners and respect for others doesn't cost you anything folks. Seems they are free, you should take the chance to use them. thumb.gif

War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz Asus B85M Gamer MSI Twin Frozr V R9 390X 8gb Kingston Hyper X Beast 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HGS 2.5" Sata 1tb Corsair H100i v2 4 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq RL2455 Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA Supernova G2 750w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Sennheiser HD201 
  hide details  
Reply
War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz Asus B85M Gamer MSI Twin Frozr V R9 390X 8gb Kingston Hyper X Beast 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HGS 2.5" Sata 1tb Corsair H100i v2 4 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq RL2455 Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA Supernova G2 750w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Sennheiser HD201 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KitGuru] Pro lol player perma banned for abuse and harassment