Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [MordorHQ] Just a friendly reminder, DICE is still at it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MordorHQ] Just a friendly reminder, DICE is still at it. - Page 8

post #71 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

The game has only JUST been out a year. As of August, it hadn't been out a year when they dropped that pack.

So you're going to attempt to argue with me on a technicality? Surely you have better things to do.

The point is that the game was out for a while before they dropped the $59.99 Battlefield 3 Premium Edition package. That much should be obvious. Also, DICE has released enough maps and content to create another game at this point, yet it is still part of Battlefield 3. Have you guys seen the map list? It's HUGE!!! There is literally a map to fit everyone's tastes.
Edited by Mad Pistol - 12/6/12 at 3:36pm
Everest - Intel
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG (1440p, 144hz Gsync) AOC U3477 PQU (3440x1440 IPS) Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core Corsair MM400 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Everest - Intel
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG (1440p, 144hz Gsync) AOC U3477 PQU (3440x1440 IPS) Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core Corsair MM400 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post

So you're going to attempt to argue with me on a technicality? Surely you have better things to do.
The point is that the game was out for a while before they dropped the $59.99 Battlefield 3 Premium Edition package. That much should be obvious. Also, DICE has released enough maps and content to create another game at this point, yet it is still part of Battlefield 3. Have you guys seen the map list? It's HUGE!!! There is literally a map to fit everyone's tastes.

Agreed.

I paid full price to pre-order the limited edition, and full price for Premium. Hell, I even paid for that garbage MoH way back when just for the BF3 beta access. I do not feel cheated whatsoever, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Profitability drives development. I have no problem with DICE making money. They weren't going to make money from those who have not bought the game thus far by keeping the prices the same.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8 Maximus IV Extreme-Z 2x EVGA SC GTX 780's SLI Ripjaws X 8GB 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Vertex 4 128GB RAID 0 + 640GB Caviar Black LG Blu-Ray Burner Noctua NH-D14 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2720T 120Hz CM Storm QuickFire Rapid w/ Red Switches Corsair AX 850 SIlverStone Raven RV02-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
DeathAdder 2013 X-Trac Pads Ripper XXL Asus Xonar Essence STX AKG Q701 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8 Maximus IV Extreme-Z 2x EVGA SC GTX 780's SLI Ripjaws X 8GB 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Vertex 4 128GB RAID 0 + 640GB Caviar Black LG Blu-Ray Burner Noctua NH-D14 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2720T 120Hz CM Storm QuickFire Rapid w/ Red Switches Corsair AX 850 SIlverStone Raven RV02-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
DeathAdder 2013 X-Trac Pads Ripper XXL Asus Xonar Essence STX AKG Q701 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 104
Double post[
Edited by RockHardMcNasty - 12/6/12 at 4:43pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8 Maximus IV Extreme-Z 2x EVGA SC GTX 780's SLI Ripjaws X 8GB 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Vertex 4 128GB RAID 0 + 640GB Caviar Black LG Blu-Ray Burner Noctua NH-D14 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2720T 120Hz CM Storm QuickFire Rapid w/ Red Switches Corsair AX 850 SIlverStone Raven RV02-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
DeathAdder 2013 X-Trac Pads Ripper XXL Asus Xonar Essence STX AKG Q701 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8 Maximus IV Extreme-Z 2x EVGA SC GTX 780's SLI Ripjaws X 8GB 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Vertex 4 128GB RAID 0 + 640GB Caviar Black LG Blu-Ray Burner Noctua NH-D14 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2720T 120Hz CM Storm QuickFire Rapid w/ Red Switches Corsair AX 850 SIlverStone Raven RV02-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
DeathAdder 2013 X-Trac Pads Ripper XXL Asus Xonar Essence STX AKG Q701 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardMcNasty View Post


Really, you would have waited a year to play the game to get some extra content that you had no details about, for the same amount of money? This is how the industry works, and it happens with every game. BF3 has been out for over a year, of course it's going to be cheaper now. The price will always be lower if you wait long enough from its release. If you want to play on day one, you pay full price. You think you won't be able to pick up Far Cry 3 next Christmas for $20-$30?

Yes. Absolutely. It wouldn't have quite been a year but still - I absolutely would have waited to get the 'full game' with all 'DLC' for the same price.

I mean look - MW3 has been out over a year or just close to it - still full price.

I have COD: Black Ops 2. Know why? Because I was able to get it for $35 flat, no tax. It won't be anywhere near that price for at least a year, if not more.

So that ought to tell you what I spend for games (personally, not speaking for anyone else). BF3 was my last 'AAA' title to pay full price on release. The one game I don't feel bad about paying full price for is TL2 and it was only $20. Different game, but I felt it was well worth it than to wait.

Other games.. easily worth the wait. So would have BF3 been too.... had they said anything about a 'Premium Edition' and not just offering to upgrade your game status to 'Premium' by paying for the 'service' of DLC packages.

Anyways.......
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 104
To those who complain about Premium: if you paid full price for BF3 and Premium it's entirely your own fault. I paid about 50$ for my pre order disk copy and Premium (30$ + 20$). Origin is expensive, fortunately there's other places to buy from wink.gif. So far I've played BF3 for 600h, when you divide 50$ with playtime it's clear that it was one of the best gaming investments I've ever made. Bad Company 2 is still better game in some aspects though, most noticeably destruction physics.
Omega Ray
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K @ 4,3GHz Asus X99-A USB 3.1 Palit Jetstream GTX 1070 16GB Kingston 2666MHz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OS: Intel 520 180GB  Games: Crucial BX100 500GB  Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB270HU  Ozone Tenkeyless MX Brown Corsair AX860i Cooltek W2 Window 
MouseAudio
Mionix Naos 7000 Schiit Modi & Vali + Beyerdynamics DT 990 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Omega Ray
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K @ 4,3GHz Asus X99-A USB 3.1 Palit Jetstream GTX 1070 16GB Kingston 2666MHz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OS: Intel 520 180GB  Games: Crucial BX100 500GB  Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB270HU  Ozone Tenkeyless MX Brown Corsair AX860i Cooltek W2 Window 
MouseAudio
Mionix Naos 7000 Schiit Modi & Vali + Beyerdynamics DT 990 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 104
Honestly I don't know why people are complaining about the lag, it's not like it happens every single shot, the game still has excellent graphics and is used as one of the main benchmarks for graphics cards, it is still very playable and enjoyable.....personally I believe they should refund the extra that most people paid for when they included back to karkland in the premium pack.
post #77 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post

So you're going to attempt to argue with me on a technicality? Surely you have better things to do.
The point is that the game was out for a while before they dropped the $59.99 Battlefield 3 Premium Edition package. That much should be obvious. Also, DICE has released enough maps and content to create another game at this point, yet it is still part of Battlefield 3. Have you guys seen the map list? It's HUGE!!! There is literally a map to fit everyone's tastes.

Premium had been out just less than 3 months, then they slashed the price in half.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaSMK View Post

Yes. Absolutely. It wouldn't have quite been a year but still - I absolutely would have waited to get the 'full game' with all 'DLC' for the same price.
I mean look - MW3 has been out over a year or just close to it - still full price.
I have COD: Black Ops 2. Know why? Because I was able to get it for $35 flat, no tax. It won't be anywhere near that price for at least a year, if not more.
So that ought to tell you what I spend for games (personally, not speaking for anyone else). BF3 was my last 'AAA' title to pay full price on release. The one game I don't feel bad about paying full price for is TL2 and it was only $20. Different game, but I felt it was well worth it than to wait.
Other games.. easily worth the wait. So would have BF3 been too.... had they said anything about a 'Premium Edition' and not just offering to upgrade your game status to 'Premium' by paying for the 'service' of DLC packages.
Anyways.......

What I was getting at, is that you can expect pretty much any game to be offered at a decently discounted price several months after its initial release, especially major titles like BF3 that are heavily anticipated and have a large fan base that do the vast majority of their sales through pre-order, day one, and first month. There are plenty of more casual gamers that will pick it up later on, but not nearly in the same volume. And this late in the game for BF3, and other big titles releasing, they have to cut the prices to keep selling copies. By now, anyone wanting to play and willing to pay the $60 to do so already have. It makes sense, and its perfectly fine by me. I do not mind one bit about paying a slightly higher premium to have the game and its extras as soon as they're released. And I certainly agree that some games are worth waiting it out for the price to drop. I do it too, and that's my point. We all know they will be cheaper later on. If you're surprised by price cuts like these, you are living under a rock. Sure, hindsight is 20/20, but your argument of "had I known" really isn't valid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonancez View Post

Honestly I don't know why people are complaining about the lag, it's not like it happens every single shot, the game still has excellent graphics and is used as one of the main benchmarks for graphics cards, it is still very playable and enjoyable.....personally I believe they should refund the extra that most people paid for when they included back to karkland in the premium pack.

Everyone still got the other DLCs at a discount, plus early access, and other minor extras.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8 Maximus IV Extreme-Z 2x EVGA SC GTX 780's SLI Ripjaws X 8GB 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Vertex 4 128GB RAID 0 + 640GB Caviar Black LG Blu-Ray Burner Noctua NH-D14 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2720T 120Hz CM Storm QuickFire Rapid w/ Red Switches Corsair AX 850 SIlverStone Raven RV02-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
DeathAdder 2013 X-Trac Pads Ripper XXL Asus Xonar Essence STX AKG Q701 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8 Maximus IV Extreme-Z 2x EVGA SC GTX 780's SLI Ripjaws X 8GB 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Vertex 4 128GB RAID 0 + 640GB Caviar Black LG Blu-Ray Burner Noctua NH-D14 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2720T 120Hz CM Storm QuickFire Rapid w/ Red Switches Corsair AX 850 SIlverStone Raven RV02-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
DeathAdder 2013 X-Trac Pads Ripper XXL Asus Xonar Essence STX AKG Q701 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #79 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardMcNasty View Post

What I was getting at, is that you can expect pretty much any game to be offered at a decently discounted price several months after its initial release, especially major titles like BF3 that are heavily anticipated and have a large fan base that do the vast majority of their sales through pre-order, day one, and first month. There are plenty of more casual gamers that will pick it up later on, but not nearly in the same volume. And this late in the game for BF3, and other big titles releasing, they have to cut the prices to keep selling copies. By now, anyone wanting to play and willing to pay the $60 to do so already have. It makes sense, and its perfectly fine by me. I do not mind one bit about paying a slightly higher premium to have the game and its extras as soon as they're released. And I certainly agree that some games are worth waiting it out for the price to drop. I do it too, and that's my point. We all know they will be cheaper later on. If you're surprised by price cuts like these, you are living under a rock. Sure, hindsight is 20/20, but your argument of "had I known" really isn't valid.
Everyone still got the other DLCs at a discount, plus early access, and other minor extras.

Two problems:

1. Premium was out for less than 3 months before they slashed it's price.

2. Taking the above into account, that discount of a whopping £2 per pack isn't anything at all to get excited about.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeRsneM View Post

I was really hoping for new guns also. New sounds, the way they handle, the animations that go with them, etc etc. It sucks that they won't be adding more, but a class action law suit. Really?
Dear Santa,
Wish LIst:
sniper.gif
HK 33
FN FAL
HK PSG1
HK 21
Barret .50 Cal Sniper rifle
AK-47 (yes the AK-47)
HK MP5 (With the stock)
HK MK23
FN Five-Seven
HK G36K
That is all. for now. I like Heckler and Koch wubsmiley.gif

All these would be is new skins some of them would be barely noticeable skin

ak47 really? the ak74 is already in the game, most people wouldnt be able to tell the difference

barret 50 cal? m82 is already in the game

mp5? m5k already there

There are already tons of weapons nobody uses, because they are not as good as the m16 or aek; they should focus on balancing those first.
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [MordorHQ] Just a friendly reminder, DICE is still at it.