Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › TATH \ Caselabs TH 10 + Pedestal "Hill 7.9"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TATH \ Caselabs TH 10 + Pedestal "Hill 7.9" - Page 156

post #1551 of 2245
Quote:
Originally Posted by TATH View Post

"WHE GOT HIM" ...............IT!!!


Ye Santa's her and brought me new bitspower connectors and the two passive collers for the Aquero.

Update from today "NO TIME" for the build had to do my slave work at my daughters new appartment sitting on my knees and hammering the gleu from the floor. After 21:00 hour i stopt.
Tommorow is another day.


Ye ye pictures i now "no pictures is now update right". biggrin.gif

When you look close you will see that the colorbath did not toutch al the aluminium. But the front is perfect.
The way i like it. If i have the time this week i wil mount them on the Aquero's Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Expected a box instead i got a bag.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Like it !!!!! "i do" biggrin.gif

Glad for you that you got your parts.

I have not decided on the Cooler yet for the AQ6 and if they were not red it would make it easier to decide. not much use to change color or cover them because you loose the nice writing that is on them. but I do have the water blocks so I might!!!
post #1552 of 2245
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrix View Post

I'm not really sure what you mean by softer, Henry. All of my 18 AWG wire insulation feels about the same I think.
But there's nothing special about any of the wire I use except for the .0403" which I ordered specifically for the SATA power cables.

Have you ever used the 16 or 18 awg LuthroO wire?? It is a little stiffer somehow I do like it better than any other wire I have used.. I just wish he would not remove the information from the wire, because then i would know what wire it was and how to buy it!!!

I guess I could count the strands and measure each one of them to get this information but always been to lazy for this!!!
 
The difference in the wire is the amount of insulation used. UL1007 is just the rating. For instance, i've heard multiple people say that PPC 18AWG uses more insulation and less wire than standard 18AWG. 
The differences with Lutro's wire's based on sleeving & whether you want heatshrink or heatshrinkless method. His 18AWG feels stiffer because he found a source for good 18AWG with a thin diameter that's good for sleeving. Thin diameter means less insulation.
He has 2 different 16AWG wires. His Custom 16AWG has a 2.0mm OD which makes it work with sleeving designed for 18AWG wire. His regular Stranded 16AWG has 2.3mm OD which works great for heatshrinkless because the thicker wire (insulation) helps it stay inside the molex with no heatshrink (this is the wire i use)

 

  I think he looked for wire with not alot of writing on it since he sells it mostly to the sleeving community. The 18AWG     and 16AWG 2.3mm that i have from him has writing on it. I have black & white in both and they both have the info printed on it. It can be tough for me to read without a magnifying glass, but it's there


Edited by kpoeticg - 1/15/14 at 4:39pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage IV Black Edition w/EK Clean CSQ Block PowerColor 290x BF4 (2 More Coming) G Skill Trident X 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Silverstone Slotload Bluray Burner EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Alphacool XT45 360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool ST30 240 3 x Phobya NB E-Loops (1600RPM) Alphacool UT60 120 (White Edition) 7 x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 (2150) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 6 x Phobya G1/4 Inline Temp Sensor Coupler (2 P... Aquacomputer G1/4 High Flow Meter Swiftech MCP35x 
CoolingOSPowerCase
XSPC Photon 170 Reservoir Windows 7 + Linux Antec HCP-1300 Platinum CoolerMaster HAF XB (Modded) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Silverstone FP58 Thermaltake Max 5 Duo Phobya 6 x 16mm Vandal Switch Plate  6 x 16mm Vandal Switches (ModSmart & Lamptron) 
OtherOther
LC Telios Red/Black Fusion, White, & Gray More To Come... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage IV Black Edition w/EK Clean CSQ Block PowerColor 290x BF4 (2 More Coming) G Skill Trident X 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Silverstone Slotload Bluray Burner EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Alphacool XT45 360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool ST30 240 3 x Phobya NB E-Loops (1600RPM) Alphacool UT60 120 (White Edition) 7 x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 (2150) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 6 x Phobya G1/4 Inline Temp Sensor Coupler (2 P... Aquacomputer G1/4 High Flow Meter Swiftech MCP35x 
CoolingOSPowerCase
XSPC Photon 170 Reservoir Windows 7 + Linux Antec HCP-1300 Platinum CoolerMaster HAF XB (Modded) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Silverstone FP58 Thermaltake Max 5 Duo Phobya 6 x 16mm Vandal Switch Plate  6 x 16mm Vandal Switches (ModSmart & Lamptron) 
OtherOther
LC Telios Red/Black Fusion, White, & Gray More To Come... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1553 of 2245
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoeticg View Post

  The difference in the wire is the amount of insulation used. UL1007 is just the rating. For instance, i've heard multiple people say that PPC 18AWG uses more insulation and less wire than standard 18AWG.
The differences with Lutro's wire's based on sleeving & whether you want heatshrink or heatshrinkless method. His 18AWG feels stiffer because he found a source for good 18AWG with a thin diameter that's good for sleeving. Thin diameter means less insulation.
He has 2 different 16AWG wires. His Custom 16AWG has a 2.0mm OD which makes it work with sleeving designed for 18AWG wire. His regular Stranded 16AWG has 2.3mm OD which works great for heatshrinkless because the thicker wire (insulation) helps it stay inside the molex with no heatshrink (this is the wire i use)

I think he looked for wire with not alot of writing on it since he sells it mostly to the sleeving community. It does make good business sense tho. I've tried searching for 2.0 & 2.3mm OD 16AWG UL1007. Couldn't find anything...

you are not going to find anything on the 2.0 and 2.3 mm wire when you search I don't think.

the difference is going to be what the insulation is made of and that code is what I want to find. The wire stiffness itself should stay the same as UL1007 wire all has to meet the exact same specifications in regards to number of strands and thickness of the strands. so this below statement is completely false.
Quote:
For instance, i've heard multiple people say that PPC 18AWG uses more insulation and less wire than standard 18AWG.

18awg has the same amount of wire no matter the insulation as long as it is copper.
Quote:
His 18AWG feels stiffer because he found a source for good 18AWG with a thin diameter that's good for sleeving. Thin diameter means less insulation.

no it is stiffer because of the type of wire it is not the source. wire has standards that have to be followed, so if we knew the type of 18AWG wire he is selling we could all buy it for a lot less price... it is stiffer because it has less strands and the individual strands are thicker
Quote:
I think he looked for wire with not alot of writing on it since he sells it mostly to the sleeving community. It does make good business sense tho.

yes it does make good business sense, but he did not find a wire without a lot of writing on it because this is also a standard that is set. it is not hard to remove the writing though.
post #1554 of 2245

As far as the PPC. I agree. It doesn't make sense. But i've heard it from different people in different threads on different occasions. Could just be a rumor as i've never tried it myself, but i've heard the same thing too many times to choose that particular wire out of the million choices =P

 

I'm sure you're right about all the other stuff. When it comes to technical specifications about stuff, you're always more on point with what you say than i am. So i'll take your word for it. I just go off what i read on OCN usually LOLLL

I really need to stop stating all my "OCN Knowledge" as facts :o

 

Like i said, i have both the 18AWG in white & black and the 16AWG Standard in White & Black. Both have writing. I have the 22AWG in white & black too. If you let me know what to look for i might be able to find it...

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage IV Black Edition w/EK Clean CSQ Block PowerColor 290x BF4 (2 More Coming) G Skill Trident X 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Silverstone Slotload Bluray Burner EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Alphacool XT45 360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool ST30 240 3 x Phobya NB E-Loops (1600RPM) Alphacool UT60 120 (White Edition) 7 x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 (2150) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 6 x Phobya G1/4 Inline Temp Sensor Coupler (2 P... Aquacomputer G1/4 High Flow Meter Swiftech MCP35x 
CoolingOSPowerCase
XSPC Photon 170 Reservoir Windows 7 + Linux Antec HCP-1300 Platinum CoolerMaster HAF XB (Modded) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Silverstone FP58 Thermaltake Max 5 Duo Phobya 6 x 16mm Vandal Switch Plate  6 x 16mm Vandal Switches (ModSmart & Lamptron) 
OtherOther
LC Telios Red/Black Fusion, White, & Gray More To Come... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage IV Black Edition w/EK Clean CSQ Block PowerColor 290x BF4 (2 More Coming) G Skill Trident X 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Silverstone Slotload Bluray Burner EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Alphacool XT45 360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool ST30 240 3 x Phobya NB E-Loops (1600RPM) Alphacool UT60 120 (White Edition) 7 x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 (2150) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 6 x Phobya G1/4 Inline Temp Sensor Coupler (2 P... Aquacomputer G1/4 High Flow Meter Swiftech MCP35x 
CoolingOSPowerCase
XSPC Photon 170 Reservoir Windows 7 + Linux Antec HCP-1300 Platinum CoolerMaster HAF XB (Modded) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Silverstone FP58 Thermaltake Max 5 Duo Phobya 6 x 16mm Vandal Switch Plate  6 x 16mm Vandal Switches (ModSmart & Lamptron) 
OtherOther
LC Telios Red/Black Fusion, White, & Gray More To Come... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1555 of 2245
just all the information that is wrote in one group.... might even take a picture.

also need to remember to check facts as a lot of people say things on what works here and their feelings not true facts...

My favorite is the negative vs positive pressure topic.. when in fact you do not want any pressure you really want it equal... want as much going out as you have coming in.. air flow is what cools everything.
OHHHHHH I wont get into this again.. we have before!! biggrin.gif I know what people are trying to say but they are not doing it the right way.

example -- Positive pressure will keep dust out! how is this?? if you have air going into the case to keep the positive pressure then you are going to move dust in!!!! it is very simple if people would think about it instead of going by what other people have said or what they have experienced that they are interrupting wrong!! mad.gif
post #1556 of 2245

Nooooooo, you're misquoting me.

I said negative pressure sucks dust in through your mesh and postitive pressure keeps it out. Which is true. You thought i was saying that positive pressure can take the place of filters on your fans :D

We have been through this sir. 

 

Stating things on OCN all Matter-Of-Fact-Like when i'm wrong usually works out for me though. Cuz if i didn't say it, i'd be sitting here thinking somethings one way when it isn't. I end up looking stupid sometimes, but it's better than being quiet and wrong about something. One of the things i love about OCN :wheee: 

 

Now i shall retire to my little yellow schoolbus. Sorry for going OT Tath.


Edited by kpoeticg - 1/15/14 at 6:05pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage IV Black Edition w/EK Clean CSQ Block PowerColor 290x BF4 (2 More Coming) G Skill Trident X 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Silverstone Slotload Bluray Burner EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Alphacool XT45 360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool ST30 240 3 x Phobya NB E-Loops (1600RPM) Alphacool UT60 120 (White Edition) 7 x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 (2150) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 6 x Phobya G1/4 Inline Temp Sensor Coupler (2 P... Aquacomputer G1/4 High Flow Meter Swiftech MCP35x 
CoolingOSPowerCase
XSPC Photon 170 Reservoir Windows 7 + Linux Antec HCP-1300 Platinum CoolerMaster HAF XB (Modded) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Silverstone FP58 Thermaltake Max 5 Duo Phobya 6 x 16mm Vandal Switch Plate  6 x 16mm Vandal Switches (ModSmart & Lamptron) 
OtherOther
LC Telios Red/Black Fusion, White, & Gray More To Come... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage IV Black Edition w/EK Clean CSQ Block PowerColor 290x BF4 (2 More Coming) G Skill Trident X 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Silverstone Slotload Bluray Burner EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Alphacool XT45 360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool ST30 240 3 x Phobya NB E-Loops (1600RPM) Alphacool UT60 120 (White Edition) 7 x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 (2150) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 6 x Phobya G1/4 Inline Temp Sensor Coupler (2 P... Aquacomputer G1/4 High Flow Meter Swiftech MCP35x 
CoolingOSPowerCase
XSPC Photon 170 Reservoir Windows 7 + Linux Antec HCP-1300 Platinum CoolerMaster HAF XB (Modded) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Silverstone FP58 Thermaltake Max 5 Duo Phobya 6 x 16mm Vandal Switch Plate  6 x 16mm Vandal Switches (ModSmart & Lamptron) 
OtherOther
LC Telios Red/Black Fusion, White, & Gray More To Come... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1557 of 2245
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrix View Post

I'm not really sure what you mean by softer, Henry. All of my 18 AWG wire insulation feels about the same I think.
But there's nothing special about any of the wire I use except for the .0403" which I ordered specifically for the SATA power cables.

little more stiffer.
post #1558 of 2245
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

Glad for you that you got your parts.

I have not decided on the Cooler yet for the AQ6 and if they were not red it would make it easier to decide. not much use to change color or cover them because you loose the nice writing that is on them. but I do have the water blocks so I might!!!


Mayby if you ask the wil anodiseer the coolblock in a different color for you. The can make it for you in avery color. The print the plate after the have anodiseert the plate.

If the have a small bath the wil do it for you. cost just a little extra. I did this work also at the army base. But the have closed the galvanic section "had to invest to much in new baths for the proces so another dep. take over the job.
post #1559 of 2245
Quote:
Originally Posted by TATH View Post

Mayby if you ask the wil anodiseer the coolblock in a different color for you. The can make it for you in avery color. The print the plate after the have anodiseert the plate.

If the have a small bath the wil do it for you. cost just a little extra. I did this work also at the army base. But the have closed the galvanic section "had to invest to much in new baths for the proces so another dep. take over the job.

Well I sent email asking so we will see what happens!!
post #1560 of 2245

I'm real curious to see if they're willing to do that or not. I wanted to paint my A6Pro Faceplate => White but i like the engraving too much to do it. Especially on the black version. I'd love if i could get a red or white one with the engraving still in tact.

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage IV Black Edition w/EK Clean CSQ Block PowerColor 290x BF4 (2 More Coming) G Skill Trident X 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Silverstone Slotload Bluray Burner EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Alphacool XT45 360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool ST30 240 3 x Phobya NB E-Loops (1600RPM) Alphacool UT60 120 (White Edition) 7 x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 (2150) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 6 x Phobya G1/4 Inline Temp Sensor Coupler (2 P... Aquacomputer G1/4 High Flow Meter Swiftech MCP35x 
CoolingOSPowerCase
XSPC Photon 170 Reservoir Windows 7 + Linux Antec HCP-1300 Platinum CoolerMaster HAF XB (Modded) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Silverstone FP58 Thermaltake Max 5 Duo Phobya 6 x 16mm Vandal Switch Plate  6 x 16mm Vandal Switches (ModSmart & Lamptron) 
OtherOther
LC Telios Red/Black Fusion, White, & Gray More To Come... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage IV Black Edition w/EK Clean CSQ Block PowerColor 290x BF4 (2 More Coming) G Skill Trident X 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Silverstone Slotload Bluray Burner EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Alphacool XT45 360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool ST30 240 3 x Phobya NB E-Loops (1600RPM) Alphacool UT60 120 (White Edition) 7 x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 (2150) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 6 x Phobya G1/4 Inline Temp Sensor Coupler (2 P... Aquacomputer G1/4 High Flow Meter Swiftech MCP35x 
CoolingOSPowerCase
XSPC Photon 170 Reservoir Windows 7 + Linux Antec HCP-1300 Platinum CoolerMaster HAF XB (Modded) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Silverstone FP58 Thermaltake Max 5 Duo Phobya 6 x 16mm Vandal Switch Plate  6 x 16mm Vandal Switches (ModSmart & Lamptron) 
OtherOther
LC Telios Red/Black Fusion, White, & Gray More To Come... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › TATH \ Caselabs TH 10 + Pedestal "Hill 7.9"