Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › TATH \ Caselabs TH 10 + Pedestal "Hill 7.9"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TATH \ Caselabs TH 10 + Pedestal "Hill 7.9" - Page 36

post #351 of 2245
Some metal blades for the jigsaw will cut acrylic smoother....
Looks like some seriously thick acrylic. Is that part of your lightbox? You kind of lost me..... had to back up and look again....I see you have cut out the inside of two pieces of acrylic, is that going to be your border piece instead of using metal? Mirror acrylic underneath?

I have thought about standing some acrylic on edge and gluing it in place with some acrylic adhesive for a border....but the cuts have to be very very smooth for edge bonding. Fortunately my saw cuts pretty smooth but it still takes some sanding from me to get a good capillary bond.
Problem is if I glue it all together and don't like it then my acrylic is unusable. Think I'll work on the metal frame first and maybe something will occur to me while I'm working on it today......wish now I had bought some more mirror acrylic in case I FUBAR this piece. Wasn't thinking......and shipping cost way more than the acrylic.

What I'm wondering is if having a metal frame is good so the individual led's don't stand out.....don't know just trying to think it out.
post #352 of 2245
Quote:
Originally Posted by TATH View Post

Good morning Seross69,

"way above is a little bit to mutch credit for me" i just noticed that if you dont build things in a particle order you have redo your build avery time and i want to avoid that.
for example:

crystal link between the 2 pump
- measuring the length;
- cut and test it;
- mount right pump;
- put in crystal link tube;
- mount left pump "with mounting the left pump the mounting wil secure the crystal link tube from moving".

It not always work out good. sometimes i get help from mandrix and other people chris when i dont notice.

O yes almost forgot "Happy Birthday!!!" thumb.gifthumb.gif

Thanks for the happy birthday but it actually is not till 13 June just I will be gone to work then leaving again Tues. to Indonesia fro 28 days..
post #353 of 2245
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrix View Post

Some metal blades for the jigsaw will cut acrylic smoother....
Looks like some seriously thick acrylic. Is that part of your lightbox? You kind of lost me..... had to back up and look again....I see you have cut out the inside of two pieces of acrylic, is that going to be your border piece instead of using metal? Mirror acrylic underneath?

I have thought about standing some acrylic on edge and gluing it in place with some acrylic adhesive for a border....but the cuts have to be very very smooth for edge bonding. Fortunately my saw cuts pretty smooth but it still takes some sanding from me to get a good capillary bond.
Problem is if I glue it all together and don't like it then my acrylic is unusable. Think I'll work on the metal frame first and maybe something will occur to me while I'm working on it today......wish now I had bought some more mirror acrylic in case I FUBAR this piece. Wasn't thinking......and shipping cost way more than the acrylic.

What I'm wondering is if having a metal frame is good so the individual led's don't stand out.....don't know just trying to think it out.

Hallo Mandrix,

I thought i make a frame to cover the edege between the mesh and the fans and put a few bleu leds behind it.
I tryd it with a few bleu leds. It dont light up the frame just the part where the light is. And it is to thick.
So the plan is now to put it in the garbage can. I'm going to ask my friend if hy lasers a frame for me thick 3 mm and i file a few slope edges on it like i did with cutout frame. Looks better i think.

Wel lost 2 days filing. I now one thing now that acrylic is not so soft as it looks.

My son doesnt want to go on the picture so you only see his hands "thanks for holding the frame up Patrick".



I was thingking if i dont like the light from the lightpanel i can try making a clear piece of acrylic above the mirror acrylic.
i'm sure i need a few led strips. folowing the comments on leds on the other buildlogs.
Wel thats all for this weekend.

You dont have to make a complete fram for your lightpanel example:
- mirroacrylic on the bottom
- bold a cornerline strip to the edge of your case and lay the coverplate on top of it (loos).

or

mirror acrylic on the bottom
u shape strip on top of the mirror acrylic
between u shape strip ledstrip and on top
clear acrylic ore glas plate
post #354 of 2245
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

Thanks for the happy birthday but it actually is not till 13 June just I will be gone to work then leaving again Tues. to Indonesia fro 28 days..

My wifes birtday is the 15e june. 28 days thats a nice vacation "joking" love the food indonesian risetable. My father was in indonesia for 4 years (war time) so was hist brother "marines".

Nice card you got. Is your wife so glad that you go away that she gave you get a titan. Then i'm going to ask my employer to send me away a few times.
I think i probably get a postcard instead of a titan. thumb.gifthumb.gif
post #355 of 2245
looking good
post #356 of 2245
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

looking good

Thanks Seross69,

But i'm not going to use the acrylic frame to cover the edge. tongue.gif

I have the frame in my hand but cant trow it away. So there is one option back to my workshop and filing and sanding "i think the acrylic frame heard me say "i will trow you away" it begins to shine now. Mayby i give it another week. filing sanding and polishing. I wil ask you if you liki it. "if not i keep it".biggrin.gif
Edited by TATH - 5/26/13 at 1:11pm
post #357 of 2245
I'm going to try some 20% white acrylic on top the mirror and see how it looks when I get this frame done. Starting to wish I had just cut some angle down and dropped it in, the corners are a pain. Might still do that but would take another trip to the store.
post #358 of 2245
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrix View Post

I'm going to try some 20% white acrylic on top the mirror and see how it looks when I get this frame done. Starting to wish I had just cut some angle down and dropped it in, the corners are a pain. Might still do that but would take another trip to the store.

Patience is the keyword. I need a 4 mm tap to make som tread in the acrylic so i can mount the PA2's so i can mount them on the floor plate of the pedestel.

I see you got almost an empty case now. When i look at the case i think "why not putting one pedestel on the top and the other under the case. wel its your dream not mine. I'm just thinking 2 loops each its own radiator space and pumps and Aqua... "oke oke i surender". sinds the build i'm always planning and need always more tools.

more tomorrow i think.

Keep up the good work. thumb.gif
post #359 of 2245
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrix View Post

I'm going to try some 20% white acrylic on top the mirror and see how it looks when I get this frame done. Starting to wish I had just cut some angle down and dropped it in, the corners are a pain. Might still do that but would take another trip to the store.


Hi Mandrix,

Today i came on to this site http://www.buyledstrip.com/nl/led-strip-rgb-waterdicht-60-led-m-per-50-cm.html?id=1621081
I want to buy som leds and small stuf. What do you use for powering the leds.
I wanted to show you a drawing today how i want to make my lightpanel but i left it at my work. Mayby i make one after dinner and show you.

i want to purchase this

http://www.buyledstrip.com/nl/led-strip-rgb-waterdicht-60-led-m-per-50-cm.html?id=1621081
http://www.buyledstrip.com/nl/rgb-controller-met-touchwheel-zwart-6-key.html
http://www.buyledstrip.com/nl/silicone-lijm-10ml.html
http://www.buyledstrip.com/nl/draad-2-aderig-per-meter.html


I see chris using a FC8 controller for his leds.
thumb.gif
Edited by TATH - 5/27/13 at 8:49am
post #360 of 2245
another interesting build like you said with my progress I feel like a parts collector!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › TATH \ Caselabs TH 10 + Pedestal "Hill 7.9"