Update 123 "vinyl for the fan holes" and cover for the front pane (from the inside)"
Yes in now horible i hate it to "DUST" but once it all be gone i promiss.
I put the fans in yesterday to see how much room there is left for the routing of my tubing from the front right reservoir to my duall pomptop at the back. I think just enough room.
Looking at the top picture reminds me that i also have to make a cover plate for the frontpanel "inside back side"
Still have a few small pieces so i can start with the cover piece.
I took the mesurements from the frontpanel and put them on a small piece. I always tape the parts i want to keep. And because my eyes not getting better when you are older it will com in handy.
Cutting of the piece of tape i dont need with a steel ruler and sharp knife.
Using a file for speeding up.
Now i have to file a slope edge on tree sides of the cover. It takes about 1 hour to do.
Using waterproof sandpaper for smooting the edges K600
I use a scrap piece if it all fits.
Second part is to polish the edges. Picture wil tel the job.
Shi...... I have to go my wife want to cut my hair. grrrrrr.
Ha that was the tricky job gleu it on with the use of "second gleu from bison" It only takes a seconds and you need a hammer to take it off. Got lucky again.
I now going to put the vinyl on the front acrylic. It is car wrab vinyl. Som people are master in working with it.
I cut a piece of. And clean the panel with amoniak. After this i het the panel a bit up with the heatgun.
I take off the back foil of the vinyl.
I hold the vinyl firmly between my hands and stick it on the panel from the front to the back on the panel. I got a rubber pad to eaven any bubles (no bubles). Yes this part is don.
I put a new blade in the knife. I lean on the workbench while i'm cutting the vinyl out.
Knife flat against the innerside of the fanhole and small sawing movements.
Just one more hole to do.
Lets see how it looks.
With the front panel on of course.
Yes it looks good to me.
I wunder if i can take a picture with a led near the panel. After trying with 3 mm leds. (not good). I give it a try with a 5mm 12 volt led. I hold the led in my hand so it shines up. That looking better. So i think i'm going to drill a few 5mm holes in the side off the panel and try to make one led cord. More next week.
I'm happy again.
Now its dinner time "i'm offline".