Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Hello all, could use some help reguarding my loop
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hello all, could use some help reguarding my loop

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 
Ok so im getting the XSPC EX280 rad kit with dual bay res and D5 Pump.

Im adding a 120mm rad to this loop. Can bee seen in pic.

I need help with the layout of tubing, this is my first go custom loop water cooling. not sure which way I should route them.

Here is a little mock up I made just open the picture and draw little lines or explain by text what you guys recommend.

I am using standard compression fittings no angles, can change if recommended.

Thanks everyone!






Megatron
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8350 Vishera  Asus CHV Formula-Z Diamond 7970 X 2 GSkill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 256gb ssd Samsung Evo 500gb ssd Windows 8.1 24 in LG Led 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Trigger Lepa G1000 NZXT H630 CM Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
CM Storm Logitech 2.1 System Custom Lighting Cooler Master SGH-6000-KK5R1 Circumaural Storm ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Z97Plusi Asus Strix Gtx 980 Adata XPG  
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo  Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Corsair AX 760 
Case
Corsair 380t (Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
Megatron
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8350 Vishera  Asus CHV Formula-Z Diamond 7970 X 2 GSkill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 256gb ssd Samsung Evo 500gb ssd Windows 8.1 24 in LG Led 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Trigger Lepa G1000 NZXT H630 CM Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
CM Storm Logitech 2.1 System Custom Lighting Cooler Master SGH-6000-KK5R1 Circumaural Storm ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Z97Plusi Asus Strix Gtx 980 Adata XPG  
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo  Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Corsair AX 760 
Case
Corsair 380t (Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtgates View Post

Ok so im getting the XSPC EX280 rad kit with dual bay res and D5 Pump.
Im adding a 120mm rad to this loop. Can bee seen in pic.
I need help with the layout of tubing, this is my first go custom loop water cooling. not sure which way I should route them.
Here is a little mock up I made just open the picture and draw little lines or explain by text what you guys recommend.
I am using standard compression fittings no angles, can change if recommended.
Thanks everyone! *Snip* (Click to show)

You could probably get away with going with either of these 2 loops runs, so pick your poison.

This one would just go res-->pump-->120 rad-->cpu block-->280 rad-->res


This one would go res-->pump-->cpu block-->120 rad-->280 rad-->res


You can, of course, bend the tubing the way you see fit, I am just trying to give you a general idea of the 2 ways I would probably go about it. The top line out of the of the 280mm rad, I ran it that way because in my case, I would run the tub behind the motherboard tray (backside, cable management area of the case). Up to you though, obviously you can shift the actual angles of the tubing faily easily. Good luck! thumb.gif
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 4
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post

You could probably get away with going with either of these 2 loops runs, so pick your poison.
This one would just go res-->pump-->120 rad-->cpu block-->280 rad-->res

This one would go res-->pump-->cpu block-->120 rad-->280 rad-->res

You can, of course, bend the tubing the way you see fit, I am just trying to give you a general idea of the 2 ways I would probably go about it. The top line out of the of the 280mm rad, I ran it that way because in my case, I would run the tub behind the motherboard tray (backside, cable management area of the case). Up to you though, obviously you can shift the actual angles of the tubing faily easily. Good luck! thumb.gif


Thank you for your input ill play with it once it arrives thumb.gif
Megatron
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8350 Vishera  Asus CHV Formula-Z Diamond 7970 X 2 GSkill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 256gb ssd Samsung Evo 500gb ssd Windows 8.1 24 in LG Led 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Trigger Lepa G1000 NZXT H630 CM Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
CM Storm Logitech 2.1 System Custom Lighting Cooler Master SGH-6000-KK5R1 Circumaural Storm ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Z97Plusi Asus Strix Gtx 980 Adata XPG  
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo  Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Corsair AX 760 
Case
Corsair 380t (Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
Megatron
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8350 Vishera  Asus CHV Formula-Z Diamond 7970 X 2 GSkill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 256gb ssd Samsung Evo 500gb ssd Windows 8.1 24 in LG Led 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Trigger Lepa G1000 NZXT H630 CM Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
CM Storm Logitech 2.1 System Custom Lighting Cooler Master SGH-6000-KK5R1 Circumaural Storm ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Z97Plusi Asus Strix Gtx 980 Adata XPG  
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo  Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Corsair AX 760 
Case
Corsair 380t (Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtgates View Post

Thank you for your input ill play with it once it arrives thumb.gif

Not a problem at all, let me know if you need anything else once it all arrives. I am not the foremost expert in all things water cooling, but I have a working knowledge of what you are trying to accomplish. thumb.gif
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Hello all, could use some help reguarding my loop