Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Review of the Deathadder 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review of the Deathadder 2013 - Page 14

post #131 of 344
I was under the impression that the Deathadder 2013 was slightly shorter than the old Deathadder. Not a lot, but just a tiny bit.

Guess I'll find out in a few days when I put it side by side with my Deathadder 1800dpi that has failing side buttons.
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast of Burden
(19 items)
 
Cool story, bro!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte HD 7970 Reference Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Caviar Black ASUS DVD XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK FC-7970 w/ Backplate Copper/Acetal RX360 w/ 3x Yate Loon High Speed in Push XSPC Dual Bay Res w/ D5 Pump Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE226H ASUS VE226H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Corsair HX850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Advanced Razer Deathadder QcK Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550@ 3.5GHz w/ 1.191v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire Reference 5850 @ 775/1100 G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial C300 Spinpoint F3 Caviar Black ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung 23" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 430W NZXT Source 210 Wolf King 
  hide details  
Reply
post #132 of 344
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClownie View Post

I was under the impression that the Deathadder 2013 was slightly shorter than the old Deathadder. Not a lot, but just a tiny bit.
Guess I'll find out in a few days when I put it side by side with my Deathadder 1800dpi that has failing side buttons.

I think its just the mamba that might be slightly shorter
post #133 of 344
To anybody still wondering, the 2013 Deathadder will save the last DPI and polling rate to the mouse.

To test this I set up my 2013 DA to 6400 DPI/1000hz and set my Mamba(which saves DPI steps) to 1800/500hz. I moved both mice to my laptop, and used only windows basic plug-n-play drivers. The DA was much more sensitive than the Mamba, and Passmark's keyboard test software reported the DA polling at around 918, with the mamba polling at around 497.
post #134 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***SNORLAX View Post

To anybody still wondering, the 2013 Deathadder will save the last DPI and polling rate to the mouse.
To test this I set up my 2013 DA to 6400 DPI/1000hz and set my Mamba(which saves DPI steps) to 1800/500hz. I moved both mice to my laptop, and used only windows basic plug-n-play drivers. The DA was much more sensitive than the Mamba, and Passmark's keyboard test software reported the DA polling at around 918, with the mamba polling at around 497.

You may want to re-check this as I think the DA 2013 may default to 6400 CPI/1000hz. When I plugged mine in the first time it was ridiculously fast.
post #135 of 344
So I have a Deathadder 1800dpi I bought back in April 2009. Well the mouse 1 click is starting to go out, Would you guys consider I pick up a new 2013??? I've loved the Deathadder and has been through a lot of abuse so.

Didnt want to create a new thread, thought I would just post in here. I also use a Razer Destructor mouse pad, has been a awesome mouse pad as well.
post #136 of 344
for 2013. if you want to save your custom dpi you need to first install synapse do ur dpi adjustment, disable lightning, or just change polling rate. once you done that, the settings will be saved on ur mouse. So you can then uninstall synapse2 and use your mouse as plug n plaay with your customized dpi settings. Ive tested this on several computers with 900 dpi and light off. it work like a charm. Cant say for the skipping
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 MSI ZH77A-G41 Nvidia GTX 570 G Skill f3-12800cl9 2gbnq 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Samsung 840 Pro Windows 7 600 watt Seasonic Gladiator 600 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 MSI ZH77A-G41 Nvidia GTX 570 G Skill f3-12800cl9 2gbnq 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Samsung 840 Pro Windows 7 600 watt Seasonic Gladiator 600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #137 of 344
Looking at that closeup side view, it looks like the 2013 has a more pronounced hump. I just bought a 3.5g and it looks a little flatter than the 2013. Am I wrong in that assumption?
The Migraine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P8P67 M Pro Rev Asus 780 Directcu II 4 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
128 GB Crucial RealSSD C300 Windows 7 64 bit Asus RoG Swift X Armor U9BL-s 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec TP-750W CM HAF 922 Razer Naga Perixx DX-2000XL 
  hide details  
Reply
The Migraine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P8P67 M Pro Rev Asus 780 Directcu II 4 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
128 GB Crucial RealSSD C300 Windows 7 64 bit Asus RoG Swift X Armor U9BL-s 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec TP-750W CM HAF 922 Razer Naga Perixx DX-2000XL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #138 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxxxxx View Post

You may want to re-check this as I think the DA 2013 may default to 6400 CPI/1000hz. When I plugged mine in the first time it was ridiculously fast.

Mine defaulted to 1800/500 when it was first plugged in to my desktop. YMMV but mine, as well as other 4g DAs, seem to be saving DPI/Polling with some reports of lighting being saved(which I haven't tested myself).
post #139 of 344
I'm gettttin one lol.
post #140 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***SNORLAX View Post

Mine defaulted to 1800/500 when it was first plugged in to my desktop. YMMV but mine, as well as other 4g DAs, seem to be saving DPI/Polling with some reports of lighting being saved(which I haven't tested myself).

Ah, well that's pretty good news then. I'm too lazy to find his post but I think Skylit mentioned something about the 4G DA still having a small amount of onboard memory, I'm assuming this is what it's for then?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Review of the Deathadder 2013