Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › Samsung Miracle Memory Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung Miracle Memory Club - Page 19

post #181 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeek View Post

I'd appreciate that.

Oh and the voltage shouldn't have degraded em I think.

DRAM V: 1.5v I changed that all around tho
VTT V: 1.076
PCH V: 1.059
CPU PLL V: 1.832 I lowered that as much as possible. Don't remember what I'm running but it's low lol
VCCSA V: .925

Read my edit, use 1.7v dram and 1.2v VTT/VCCSA. That should max your ram oc easily...
post #182 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

Read my edit, use 1.7v dram and 1.2v VTT/VCCSA. That should max your ram oc easily...
Oh don't worry, I've tried that as well. Still a no go :l
post #183 of 1055
@ivanlabrie

At 1.7V VDIMM, VCCIO Auto (by the way, there is not VCCSA setting for my board), and 10-8-10-28-1t settings the system won't POST. What is my next step?

Also, according to this: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?264847-Ultimate-Sandy-Bridge-OC-Guide-P67A-UD7-Performance-Review :

VCCIO (VTT) is the IMC voltage.
VCCSA is the system agent voltage that provides power to components OTHER THAN DDR3.

I thought you said VCCSA is the IMC voltage?
Edited by kevindd992002 - 1/17/13 at 6:01pm
post #184 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

@ivanlabrie

At 1.7V VDIMM, VCCIO Auto (by the way, there is not VCCSA setting for my board), and 10-8-10-28-1t settings the system won't POST. What is my next step?

Also, according to this: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?264847-Ultimate-Sandy-Bridge-OC-Guide-P67A-UD7-Performance-Review :

VCCIO (VTT) is the IMC voltage.
VCCSA is the system agent voltage that provides power to components OTHER THAN DDR3.

I thought you said VCCSA is the IMC voltage?

Gigabyte boards call vccsa IMC...it IS the system agent voltage and helps with ram oc, when going for really high clocks.

The timings should look like cl8-10-8-27-1t or 8-12-8-28-1t. Try 8-11-7-27-1t as well and check the performance with maxxmem preview.
post #185 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

Gigabyte boards call vccsa IMC...it IS the system agent voltage and helps with ram oc, when going for really high clocks.

The timings should look like cl8-10-8-27-1t or 8-12-8-28-1t. Try 8-11-7-27-1t as well and check the performance with maxxmem preview.

Ah. So for ASUS boards, VCCIO is the IMC voltage and VCCSA is just simply the System Agent Voltage?

Alright, I will. I'm wondering though, where do you get these timing combinations? Are these standard combinations? I'm new to RAM overclocking, really.

Also, I noticed that when I set command rate to 1t the system will POST but won't boot into Windows and will stuck randomly with a garbage monitor display. What will I do with this?
Edited by kevindd992002 - 1/17/13 at 6:23pm
post #186 of 1055

IO = CPU VTT voltage

SA = CPU IMC voltage

post #187 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post

IO = CPU VTT voltage
SA = CPU IMC voltage

That's what he's saying but the xtremesystems link above says otherwise?
post #188 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post

IO = CPU VTT voltage
SA = CPU IMC voltage

That's what he's saying but the xtremesystems link above says otherwise?

um not really..

 

post #189 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post

IO = CPU VTT voltage
SA = CPU IMC voltage

QFT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Ah. So for ASUS boards, VCCIO is the IMC voltage and VCCSA is just simply the System Agent Voltage?

Alright, I will. I'm wondering though, where do you get these timing combinations? Are these standard combinations? I'm new to RAM overclocking, really.

Also, I noticed that when I set command rate to 1t the system will POST but won't boot into Windows and will stuck randomly with a garbage monitor display. What will I do with this?

As for the timings, they are known timing combinations that work with your particular ram chips. Different models use different ram chips which have a known behavior. Companies don't reveal which ram ic they use but after several people ripped their heatsinks out and checked the ram chips inside we now can guess what the ram chip is by either stock clocks/timings/voltage or serial number/model and whatnot...
In your case, that Ripjaws set with 6-8-6-24 timings at 800mhz (1600mhz effective) is 99% sure using Powerchip ic's also known as PSC. They might do high clocks with really tight timings if they are good.
They can take up to 1.75v easily on air, and maybe more for benching, but keep it below 1.75v for 24/7 use if you wanna keep them. They are not made anymore, yet benchers collect them and bin them, cause they are the best type of ram ic for competitive 2d benching these days (on the Ivy bridge platform).

Try the xmp profile first, and then loosen the first 4 timings till you post at 2133mhz. The first and third should be equal and the second one 4 numbers higher than them first. (modify it and use 1.7v for dram when doing this)
Edited by ivanlabrie - 1/17/13 at 6:27pm
post #190 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post

um not really..



Did you read this though?

VCCIO: more commonly known at QPI/VTT voltage, this is the VTT voltage. Formally known as Processor Power for I/O it is the voltage for the integrated memory controller as well as the PCI-E controller. While Intel’s Maximum is 1.05 +/- 3% = 1.08v, you can go higher, much higher. I would recommend staying below 1.2v for 24/7 use, but depending on the quality of the IMC on your chip, I have seen 2133 MHz done on as little at 1.1v. I used 1.12v for overclocking my Dominator 1600 MHz to 1866 MHz, and it did it without any problems. Do realize that this voltage contributes heat as well to the whole thermal package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

QFT!
As for the timings, they are known timing combinations that work with your particular ram chips. Different models use different ram chips which have a known behavior. Companies don't reveal which ram ic they use but after several people ripped their heatsinks out and checked the ram chips inside we now can guess what the ram chip is by either stock clocks/timings/voltage or serial number/model and whatnot...
In your case, that Ripjaws set with 6-8-6-24 timings at 800mhz (1600mhz effective) is 99% sure using Powerchip ic's also known as PSC. They might do high clocks with really tight timings if they are good.
They can take up to 1.75v easily on air, and maybe more for benching, but keep it below 1.75v for 24/7 use if you wanna keep them. They are not made anymore, yet benchers collect them and bin them, cause they are the best type of ram ic for competitive 2d benching these days (on the Ivy bridge platform).

Try the xmp profile first, and then loosen the first 4 timings till you post at 2133mhz. The first and third should be equal and the second one 4 numbers higher than them first. (modify it and use 1.7v for dram when doing this)

Oh ok. So 1.7 is good for 24/7?

My kits are good, yes, but are they still good if 2 kits are combined to make 4x2GB and populate all 4 DIMM slots? Populating all slots is more taxing to the IMC, right?

But the XMP profile is 1600MHz? How about the 4th timing and the 5th timing, what are their relation to the first three?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Memory
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › Samsung Miracle Memory Club