Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Help!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help! - Page 2

post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedd View Post

Ok, going to go buy paperclips smile.gif
Could the problem be the cpu being Ivy bridge? or is it something different since its not even posting?

It doesn't have to be a paperclip, a wire would also work. The thing about sleeving PSU cables is you have to make sure that you've got them in the proper order. If you have them switched it can damage the PSU or even the mobo.

Since it did not POST did you get any sort of beeps or did any LED come up giving you an idea what might be wrong? I had a power issue on my build the first time the power light just blinked because the PSU wasn't strong enough. I would disconnect anything unecessary like HDDs and such. As long as you put the CPU in correctly I highly doubt the CPU is faulty. You could even take out your RAM and try it, PC should beep like crazy because there's no system RAM. Those beep codes tell you what's going on or what has gone wrong trying to POST.
post #12 of 24
A green wire and any black wire on 24 pin connector.


And paper clip is a must. its better conductor and will ensure your PSU is working correctly.....lol...j/k

Your mobo is Z68, so the bios might not be up to date to accept new CPU.


You dont have paper clips in your house? Tsk tsk
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB7 View Post

A green wire and any black wire on 24 pin connector.
And paper clip is a must. its better conductor and will ensure your PSU is working correctly.....lol...j/k
Your mobo is Z68, so the bios might not be up to date to accept new CPU.

He has the 24 pin sleeved so we can't go based on color.
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUpgrade View Post

He has the 24 pin sleeved so we can't go based on color.

Sorry, you right.

We dont know if the cables are in the right place. At the same time, half the cables might not be in the right location.
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB7 View Post

Sorry, you right.
We dont know if the cables are in the right place. At the same time, half the cables might not be in the right location.

I have a feeling OP doesn't have them in the correct spots so paperclips aside I see a voltage meter coming in handy at this point to verify each pin is correct. If a yellow (+12v) is where a red (+5v) or orange (+3.3v) should go or something doesn't ground (black) properly that's going to cause all kinds of trouble.
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUpgrade View Post

I have a feeling OP doesn't have them in the correct spots so paperclips aside I see a voltage meter coming in handy at this point to verify each pin is correct. If a yellow (+12v) is where a red (+5v) or orange (+3.3v) should go or something doesn't ground (black) properly that's going to cause all kinds of trouble.

That is true as well. We still dont know if BIOS on mobo is uptodate.

He can also break out the X-acto knife and cut the sleeving.


OP.

Can you post a screen shot of both sides of 24 pin and CPU 8 Pin cables?

Do you seen any wire colors at all??


Other wise get a volt meter and google a color pinout picture.
post #17 of 24
Thread Starter 
I'll just cut the sleeving off to see the colours. I updated the BIOS through EZFlash2 and still nothing.
The 24pin mobo side is in a previous post. THe PSU side has pins in it.
Both sides of the 8pin have all the pin in them.
Ill get photos with the sleeving cut off soon,
But I don't believe I put any of the pins in the wrong place since I did it one by one; so I only had 1 empty slot on the connector when putting the pin back in.
The only one I feel might be in the wrong slot is the one where its suppost to be empty on the 24pin (mobo side).
Still haven't tested psu btw.
post #18 of 24
Thread Starter 
Bought paperclips and PSU seems to be running fine.
The only thing I can see it being is I put the pin in where its suppost to be empty.
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedd View Post

Bought paperclips and PSU seems to be running fine.
The only thing I can see it being is I put the pin in where its suppost to be empty.

No no no, don't do that! It's empty for a reason.

Jeffinslaw
MurderMac
(1 item)
 
Schwarz Nickel
(11 items)
 
Project mATX
(11 items)
 
Case
Apple Power Mac G5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Xeon E5 2660 V1 ASUS Rampage Gene X79 PNY GTX 970 PNY GTX 970 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Klevv Fit 16GB SanDisk 120GB Extreme SSD Custom EK Watercooling Loop Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell U1525H SilverStone 600w SFX Project mATX 
  hide details  
Reply
MurderMac
(1 item)
 
Schwarz Nickel
(11 items)
 
Project mATX
(11 items)
 
Case
Apple Power Mac G5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Xeon E5 2660 V1 ASUS Rampage Gene X79 PNY GTX 970 PNY GTX 970 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Klevv Fit 16GB SanDisk 120GB Extreme SSD Custom EK Watercooling Loop Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell U1525H SilverStone 600w SFX Project mATX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffinslaw View Post

No no no, don't do that! It's empty for a reason.
Jeffinslaw
I didn't put the paper clip in the slot with no pin. I meant that when I was sleeving I put a pin in the slot where there isn't meant to be one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Help!