I think BF3 is the best shooter released in the past 3-4 years. Probabally since the original Modern Warfare.
1. Best in class gunplay. Guns just feel and sound amazing. Very similar to real life counterparts. CoD is always brought up as having really good tight gunplay but I honestly think BF3 blows just about every other game out of the water in this category.
2. Balance makes sense. I really like how weapon damage corresponds to caliber sizes. This does create some low ROF weapons that aren't all that great but I think it's a good thing in the end. Just feels good to shoot in this game.
3. Graphics are just amazing. The DLC maps especially are just fantastic in the visuals department.
4. Sound is amazing. Best in class even.
5. The DLC was actually worth it. B2K maps are some of the best battlefield maps ever made. I personally loved CQ. People say it strayed from the 'battlefield' formula but it also gave the game a chance to show off what it does better then anything else out there and that is straight infantry combat. No game feels as good. Armored Kill was probabally a mis-step especially on console but we'll forgive them as Aftermath completely taps into that B2K vein and is bringing people back.
6. Oh yeah and battlelog? Was actually pretty awesome. The stats pages are easy to navigate and give a lot of information. Server browser is perfectly functional. Going in I thought this would be a nightmare and honestly I think it's a strength. Kudos to whoever put this together.
Now there are some bad things.
1. Netcode. Obviously it could be better. Pretty much everyone who complains about it blows it totally out of proportion but it could without a doubt be better.
2. Some lingering balance issues. Jets are pretty hard to balance in general. In fact I'm not sure jets are even possible to balance. M16 is still the best gun in the game. Honestly though I love the m16.
3. Launch could have gone better.
4. Lingering bugs.
5. Some maps were clearly designed for a lower playercount and turn into total meatgrinders. Looking at you Metro 64 Rush.
Can't think of much other then that. I've 'retired' from the game now after about 300 hours since last year. I've decided to make a go at planetside 2 and I'm the type who can really only concentrate on one game at a time. Still BF3 honestly goes down as one of my favorite all time shooters. I'm wary of saying 10/10 simply because the amount of hyperbole around games is crazy sometimes but I really feel like DICE hit it out of the park. I think the people who point to games like CS or Quake 3 are missing the point. Fact of the matter is that the modern shooter is popular because it's fun to play. Battlefield 3 in my eyes is the height of that game type. Will have very fond memories of this one and looking forward to 4.