Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Razer Krait 2013 quick review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Razer Krait 2013 quick review - Page 4

post #31 of 67
Mine arrived! I have nothing to add in terms of sensor performance, so I'll just chime in with my opinion on the shape of the mouse.



It feels like something in between the Mico and the G1. I prefer the Krait for its narrowness. It's absolutely wonderful for my fingertip grip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy89 View Post

It's tiny and yet weighs 85g. I don't get it.
The Krait feels as sturdy as a brick. Very unlike a typical Razer mouse. That might have something to do with it.

Other than that, I have nothing else to add.
post #32 of 67
Hello thanks for the review, what is the default dpi before you install the Razer synapse driver?
post #33 of 67
Yeah, could the people with the mouse please show us some more pictures, and detail the default settings+if they stick when you change them - without drivers ofc.

We want to know exactly what can be done Without Synapse installed. And if custom settings can be used without synapse somehow. Thank you for the reviews and stuffings <3


And more pictures! : D (high resolution closeups)
post #34 of 67
Krait 2013 with a variety of mice:



Krait 2013 with the original Krait:




For me personally, the width of the Krait 2013 felt way too small. I think I need a mouse with a 60mm width at the least. This mouse did not give me the same comfort I get while holding the Steelseries Kana and Logitech G1. Other than that it seemed to track very well on my QcK mousepad while doing some test in paint and laddering in Starcraft 2 at 1200 dpi. However, I stopped using the mouse because it was causing wrist pain. I've had this issue with the Zowie AM, Abyssus and this mouse due to their weird shapes.

Although the krait 2013 wasn't for me, I think others might find the mouse great when using the fingertip grip. The mouse cord also being lower didn't bother me and didn't see to get in the way while gaming.

More screens of the Krait 2013 settings in Razer Synapse 2.0:







Edited by Huff - 12/11/12 at 11:43pm
post #35 of 67
The Zowie AM isn't weird shaped but it is SMALL. The thinnest point (the middle) is 59mm. That is to small for a grown man. What is the measurement of the thinest point? If the middle is the smallest part of the mouse and it is 60mm or under it can be uncomfortable for many people. Razer may make a Taipan sized version for the American market. As Americans have larger hands. I don't see it having a side button though for cost reasons.
post #36 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

The Zowie AM isn't weird shaped but it is SMALL. The thinnest point (the middle) is 59mm. That is to small for a grown man. What is the measurement of the thinest point? If the middle is the smallest part of the mouse and it is 60mm or under it can be uncomfortable for many people. Razer may make a Taipan sized version for the American market. As Americans have larger hands. I don't see it having a side button though for cost reasons.

This... is one of the most bizarre posts I've ever read. Americans have larger hands? What? 60mm is too thin for a grown man? What? The AM is an average sized mouse. Not as big as a G500, not as small as a Mico. It certainly isn't SMALL.
System 1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 4.0GHz 1.25V EVGA x58 SLI LE EVGA GTX 560 Ti (950/1125) 6GB GSkill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB Spinpoint F3 + 128GB Crucial C300 Windows 7 Pro x64 Viewsonic VX2265wm 22" 120Hz ABS M1 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX Black 850W Antec 1200 Steelseries Xai Steelseries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
System 1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 4.0GHz 1.25V EVGA x58 SLI LE EVGA GTX 560 Ti (950/1125) 6GB GSkill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB Spinpoint F3 + 128GB Crucial C300 Windows 7 Pro x64 Viewsonic VX2265wm 22" 120Hz ABS M1 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX Black 850W Antec 1200 Steelseries Xai Steelseries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 67
im considering get one of these, im just worried about the size and the lack of lateral buttons
is the feet made of teflon or plastic? does it have gold usb conector? the top surface is made of plastic, but what about the sides? are they rubberized?

thx
post #38 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuny View Post

im considering get one of these, im just worried about the size and the lack of lateral buttons
is the feet made of teflon or plastic? does it have gold usb conector? the top surface is made of plastic, but what about the sides? are they rubberized?
thx

Feet are teflon, or equal material. Fine glide. I'm assuming all electronics now adays have gold plated usb connectors, even cheap mice have those, and the sides are rubberized.
post #39 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by krameriffic View Post

This... is one of the most bizarre posts I've ever read. Americans have larger hands? What? 60mm is too thin for a grown man? What? The AM is an average sized mouse. Not as big as a G500, not as small as a Mico. It certainly isn't SMALL.
I would say the Mico is a tiny mouse and I would say the AM is small (thin is more accurate). The Mico at its widest is supposed to be 58mm. The AM's thinest portion, the middle, is 59mm.

If you are taking the length as the most important measurement for comfort then I could understand. However length of your mouse, generally speaking, doesn't give you hand or wrist pains.

If you didn't understand. People in Asia (say China) generally have smaller hands than the American population. The 2013 Krait is marketed in China.
post #40 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by viowastaken View Post

Feet are teflon, or equal material. Fine glide. I'm assuming all electronics now adays have gold plated usb connectors, even cheap mice have those, and the sides are rubberized.

thank you very much by the answers and the review
i live in brazil, so i can get one soon. 28/01/13 is the anounced oficial release here.

just one more question, when you say that the sides are ruberized, do you mean the entire side or just the hexagonal rubber grips?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Razer Krait 2013 quick review