Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Need New Computer Case
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need New Computer Case

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
I'm replacing a Lan boy air for a quieter and more professional looking case.

Currently trying to decide between Fractal R4 or Corsair 650D.

I've heard that I won't get anywhere near the kind of temps I can get with my Lanboy, but I'm willing to sacrifice some cooling for less noise.

Are there any cases I should be considering that I don't have on the list?
post #2 of 8

Did you take a look at Cooler Master Haf XB

 

Its a Lan case with ATX capability and just got released.

 

If not Corsair 650D is a very good choice.

post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainian View Post

I'm replacing a Lan boy air for a quieter and more professional looking case.
Currently trying to decide between Fractal R4 or Corsair 650D.
I've heard that I won't get anywhere near the kind of temps I can get with my Lanboy, but I'm willing to sacrifice some cooling for less noise.
Are there any cases I should be considering that I don't have on the list?

get the Corsair 650D
Old X58
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 970 6 core ASUS Sabertooth X58 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X GSkill 24 gigs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 256 gig Crucial M500 120gig WD VelociRaptor 1TB Noctua 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64bit LG 29inch widescreen DP LG 29inch widescreen DP Corsair K65 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA SuperNova G2 1000w Corsair C70 Corsair M65 Sound Blaster Z 
Other
Custom sleeved psu cables 
  hide details  
Reply
Old X58
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 970 6 core ASUS Sabertooth X58 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X GSkill 24 gigs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 256 gig Crucial M500 120gig WD VelociRaptor 1TB Noctua 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64bit LG 29inch widescreen DP LG 29inch widescreen DP Corsair K65 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA SuperNova G2 1000w Corsair C70 Corsair M65 Sound Blaster Z 
Other
Custom sleeved psu cables 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhawn View Post

get the Corsair 650D

But is it really that much better? IE, is the price worth it.

And how well does it cool vs the R4 with a side fan?
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainian View Post

But is it really that much better? IE, is the price worth it.
And how well does it cool vs the R4 with a side fan?

IMO it's better, and yes the price is worth it, and I have never really seen the need for a side fan as I think they disturb the cool air coming in from the front of the case, but there will be others that think I am wrong, but everyone has their own opinion
Old X58
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 970 6 core ASUS Sabertooth X58 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X GSkill 24 gigs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 256 gig Crucial M500 120gig WD VelociRaptor 1TB Noctua 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64bit LG 29inch widescreen DP LG 29inch widescreen DP Corsair K65 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA SuperNova G2 1000w Corsair C70 Corsair M65 Sound Blaster Z 
Other
Custom sleeved psu cables 
  hide details  
Reply
Old X58
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 970 6 core ASUS Sabertooth X58 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X GSkill 24 gigs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 256 gig Crucial M500 120gig WD VelociRaptor 1TB Noctua 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64bit LG 29inch widescreen DP LG 29inch widescreen DP Corsair K65 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA SuperNova G2 1000w Corsair C70 Corsair M65 Sound Blaster Z 
Other
Custom sleeved psu cables 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhawn View Post

IMO it's better, and yes the price is worth it, and I have never really seen the need for a side fan as I think they disturb the cool air coming in from the front of the case, but there will be others that think I am wrong, but everyone has their own opinion

R4 without a side fan is horrible. It has to pull all it's air in through a closed cover with built in silencing material.

But, just wondering how quit the corsair 650D is? Like I said, I'm tired of how loud the lan boy air is. (And LED, etcs...)
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainian View Post

R4 without a side fan is horrible. It has to pull all it's air in through a closed cover with built in silencing material.
But, just wondering how quit the corsair 650D is? Like I said, I'm tired of how loud the lan boy air is. (And LED, etcs...)

myself I have the Corsair vengance C70 and it has 10 fans running at max speed all the time and it's quiet and it's 3 feet from me on top of my desk, I have built 2 systems for friends with the 650 and it is quiet also, but remember to buy good fans and always check the fans specs for it's db rating, I use Noctua fans and a couple Cooler master fans and all are nice and quiet even at max speed, my 4 Noctuas are installed where they are mostly out of view as the color is kinda odd, my Cooler master fans are visible but they are just a smoked color with blue led's but cooler master led's are not bright at all (greatful for that) as bright led fans are just ehh, and my memory cooling fan will be replaced soon as it's led's are too bright
Old X58
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 970 6 core ASUS Sabertooth X58 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X GSkill 24 gigs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 256 gig Crucial M500 120gig WD VelociRaptor 1TB Noctua 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64bit LG 29inch widescreen DP LG 29inch widescreen DP Corsair K65 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA SuperNova G2 1000w Corsair C70 Corsair M65 Sound Blaster Z 
Other
Custom sleeved psu cables 
  hide details  
Reply
Old X58
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 970 6 core ASUS Sabertooth X58 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X GSkill 24 gigs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 256 gig Crucial M500 120gig WD VelociRaptor 1TB Noctua 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Pro 64bit LG 29inch widescreen DP LG 29inch widescreen DP Corsair K65 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA SuperNova G2 1000w Corsair C70 Corsair M65 Sound Blaster Z 
Other
Custom sleeved psu cables 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhawn View Post

myself I have the Corsair vengance C70 and it has 10 fans running at max speed all the time and it's quiet and it's 3 feet from me on top of my desk, I have built 2 systems for friends with the 650 and it is quiet also, but remember to buy good fans and always check the fans specs for it's db rating, I use Noctua fans and a couple Cooler master fans and all are nice and quiet even at max speed, my 4 Noctuas are installed where they are mostly out of view as the color is kinda odd, my Cooler master fans are visible but they are just a smoked color with blue led's but cooler master led's are not bright at all (greatful for that) as bright led fans are just ehh, and my memory cooling fan will be replaced soon as it's led's are too bright


True, I'm using the stock fans with the Lan boy. And I feel like they are much louder than the other fans.

I guess I'll look into the corsair 650d a little more. Although, I might just buy the R4 and buy quieter fans with the left over $.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Need New Computer Case