I find these posts very interesting to say the least, and being an owner of this particular board in questions I am going to do what I can to confirm some of these problems. I am going to take the first post of Sladesurfer and use it as an example. Whatever I can say about each problem will be in ().
'MoBo problems. I have every single problem mentioned on the boards here AND MORE.
1. Constant floppy error 40 code. Only way to stop it is in the bios completely disable floppy ide drive.(If you dont have a floppy drive installed this is going to happen, just press F1 and go on with your day)
2. Refuses to reboot. EVER. Everysingle time I have to reboot I remove power and play the cmos jumper game. Try doing that 10-15 times a day with 2 8800's in there. Not so fricken easy. (This I do not understand and thus I cant comment. Will it not reboot from windows, when you press the reset button... all I can say is my rig will reboot properly from windows, and the reset button on the front bezel)
3. Hates every single piece of ram I have. I have right now 4 sticks of 1gb dominator pc8888. 2 of them it doesnt think are EPP/SLI ready. And it wont boot with all but 1 installed. I ALSO have 4 sticks of 1gb dominator pc8500. It wont boot with ANY of these installed. It also doesnt think that ANY of them are EPP/SLI sticks. (wrong again!) The last two sticks of ram I have are 2 sticks of 1gb OCZ NON EPP/SLI ram pc8000. Too bad the ram actually ISNT EPP/SLI and if I tell the bios that it is it constantly reboots. GFG. The OCZ is the ONLY RAM that the machine will boot with both installed at the same time. No other 2 of the 8 sticks of dominator will boot with my machine. (Works perfectly fine with my ram, however, I havent tried to use any other ram, im giving the poster the benefit of the doubt and saying that "maybe" this board is very picky with ram... but then again, so is DFI)
4. If you disable ANY SINGLE auto overclocking feature or ANY feature other than full screen nvidia display. The board wont boot. (This is just not true, I have been overclocking like crazy with this board, disabling, and enabling many auto overclocking features. Check out my CPU-Z for proof)
5. If you run any kind of additional voltage to ANY of the components that require it. IE my dominator wants 2.4 volts. If I give them anymore than 2.0, you guessed it. It wont boot. cmos reset. GFG. (Once again, sounds like an isolated problem, I have ran my ram at 2.3, the suggested is 1.9. It booted fine into windows. I am currently running my ram at 2.1 24/7)
6.The sound problem everyone mentioned, cause I have an XFI fatality stuffed in between the 8800's. Constant crackling and blah blah blah blah. HOWEVER. If I reinstall directx after everysingle cmos reset. The crackling goes away. I think Ill blame this on creative. NOT evga.
but try using ventrilo with this little problem going on all the fricken time. (I can confirm this problem. Now that I am running SLI on my board I do hear a large amount of crackling and such. eVGA has a bios update that seems to be fixing this problem for most people. *EDIT I can confirm that the bios update does fix the problem. Just flashed the new bios, all crackling is gone. Good job eVGA. Its a new board and chipset, no new board has EVER come out of the gates perfect!)
(It really does seem to me that yes, this person got a bad board, however, I find it irresponsible to besmirch eVGA's good name by making a thread like this. 4 reports of dead ram IN NO WAY confirms that a board is at fault. It also does not confirm that there is a widespread epidemic. For all we know, and more than likely, ESD killed these ram sticks. Just wanted to throw in my 2cp. Flame if you have to...)
(PS, as too the high FSB/SATA problem, I cannot confirm that either, I have had my FSB < 300 without any problems, however, my drives are not SATA2, so this may be a moot point.)