Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Best batches of 3770K's?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best batches of 3770K's?

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
What are some of the well known good batches of 3770K's and is it even worth trying to exchange my CPU at MC for one of these "good" batches since it seems like it's just a matter of luck?
post #2 of 24
To be honest it's ivy and tends to run very hot either way, you've got 4.6ghz stable which is around 4.8ghz on the sandy side. You could delid the processor and then drop your waterblock straight on top.

Comps
post #3 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post

To be honest it's ivy and tends to run very hot either way, you've got 4.6ghz stable which is around 4.8ghz on the sandy side. You could delid the processor and then drop your waterblock straight on top.
Comps

I will be delidding but I actually haven't gotten 4.6 stable yet even at 1.33vcore (temps get to high 80's so don't want to test further before delidding.
post #4 of 24
hmm im at 4.6 at 1.288V

i mean if you have the insurance thingy with microcenter where you pay the $20 or so for protection plan. and its not a far drive i would say if you want you can try your luck. overclocking ivy isnt hard but its not super simple either. it took me a few days to get perfectly stable at 4.6GHz folding 24/7

i dont think you really need to delid until you hit a wall with temps which it seems like unless you are going for an extreme OC you wont see until probably 4.8GHz, considering you are already cooling with a custom water loop. im just guesstimating as i have only owned a single 3770K and i think i got fairly lucky at my speed and volts as im sitting in the mid 70's on a 212EVO


WAIT


your temps are getting too high at 4.6 and 1.33V? what temps are you getting that are too high? maybe you just need to reseat your water block
Edited by Conspiracy - 12/11/12 at 6:20am
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 24
Ah fair enough, well I mean that would be the next thing I'd try and then go for 5. You'll see an easy drop of 15 - 20c off your load temps from what I've read.

Comps
post #6 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy View Post

hmm im at 4.6 at 1.288V
i mean if you have the insurance thingy with microcenter where you pay the $20 or so for protection plan. and its not a far drive i would say if you want you can try your luck. overclocking ivy isnt hard but its not super simple either. it took me a few days to get perfectly stable at 4.6GHz folding 24/7
i dont think you really need to delid until you hit a wall with temps which it seems like unless you are going for an extreme OC you wont see until probably 4.8GHz, considering you are already cooling with a custom water loop. im just guesstimating as i have only owned a single 3770K and i think i got fairly lucky at my speed and volts as im sitting in the mid 70's on a 212EVO

I've had it for less than a week and can do a free exchange for another one for up to 30. I'm already basically at my max temps without even getting 4.6Ghz stable. That's my problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post

Ah fair enough, well I mean that would be the next thing I'd try and then go for 5. You'll see an easy drop of 15 - 20c off your load temps from what I've read.
Comps

Right I'm just wondering if I should try to get a better batch before attempting to delid since I"m stuck with it once I delid it.
post #7 of 24

IIRC, someone on hwbot.org tested 100+ chips and Costa Rican chips were better than the Malaysian chips.

Das SupaComputa
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon 2687w Intel Xeon 2687w Asus Z9PE-D8 WS Titan X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
Titan X G.Skill 1600 OCZ Vertex 3 120gb Coolit Borea x3 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Win 7 ASUS PB298Q 29" 21:9 ultra-wide Ducky keyboard Caselabs STH10 
Mouse
Razer Naga  
  hide details  
Reply
Das SupaComputa
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon 2687w Intel Xeon 2687w Asus Z9PE-D8 WS Titan X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
Titan X G.Skill 1600 OCZ Vertex 3 120gb Coolit Borea x3 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Win 7 ASUS PB298Q 29" 21:9 ultra-wide Ducky keyboard Caselabs STH10 
Mouse
Razer Naga  
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey1514 View Post

IIRC, someone on hwbot.org tested 100+ chips and Costa Rican chips were better than the Malaysian chips.

dont tell me that wha-smiley.png

actually i dont remember where my chip came from... im also not trying to go higher than i already am. dont feel like making my cpu attempt 5GHz like you lol
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey1514 View Post

IIRC, someone on hwbot.org tested 100+ chips and Costa Rican chips were better than the Malaysian chips.

How can you determine where a chip is from just from the outside of the box?
post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy View Post


dont tell me that wha-smiley.png
actually i dont remember where my chip came from... im also not trying to go higher than i already am. dont feel like making my cpu attempt 5GHz like you lol

 

That's why I'm in 1st place in TC tongue.gif

Das SupaComputa
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon 2687w Intel Xeon 2687w Asus Z9PE-D8 WS Titan X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
Titan X G.Skill 1600 OCZ Vertex 3 120gb Coolit Borea x3 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Win 7 ASUS PB298Q 29" 21:9 ultra-wide Ducky keyboard Caselabs STH10 
Mouse
Razer Naga  
  hide details  
Reply
Das SupaComputa
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon 2687w Intel Xeon 2687w Asus Z9PE-D8 WS Titan X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
Titan X G.Skill 1600 OCZ Vertex 3 120gb Coolit Borea x3 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Win 7 ASUS PB298Q 29" 21:9 ultra-wide Ducky keyboard Caselabs STH10 
Mouse
Razer Naga  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Best batches of 3770K's?