Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Core i5 3570k 4.8 Ghz overclock
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Core i5 3570k 4.8 Ghz overclock - Page 8

post #71 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post

Oooook,
Go into your BIOS
Go to OC Tweaker
Go to DRAM timing COnfiguration
The first 4 boxes, set 9 in the first 3 which is CAS4 latency, RASA to SAH delay, row precharge and RAS active time, Command rate set to 1t
You have the DRAM frequency, set that to 1600. You might have to type it in or select from a list. Not sure.
Comps

And set the fourth box to 24 like you said before correct?
post #72 of 136
Yep, that's right biggrin.gif

C
post #73 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

is it 24 hr prime95 27.7 stable? that is a very nice voltage for 4.5... mine requires 1.290....

sadly not one of my cores always fails at a rounding error. i believe its my ram thats giving me the problems. but all the other cores went on to 8hours without a problem. i heard rounding problems are usually related to the cpu but im new to intel overclocking i might try and loosing the timings or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despair View Post

Yeah, tried for 4.7/8 and couldn't boot into windows for more than 10 mins. I think I have to tweak something regarding the memory but I'm not sure about to tweak VTT, should i go up/ down? One of the BSOD codes i received was "FC" and i think "d1" I wanna try it again once i get my SSD in so it doesn't take forever to restart and load lol.


what voltage were u trying 4.8 at?. i needed roughly 1.335 volts to actually run prime 95 for an hour (Hell i was able to boot into windows @5ghz with the same voltage and get a cpu validation and run the internet for about 30mins), but the heat was killing my ivy bridge. (was peaking 92*C even with my hyper212+ with an ultra kaze on it going directly into my exhaust fan). and it was downclocking to stock speeds 3400. every now and then during the test so im assumeing it wasnt stable.

guess my chip needs a water cooler if i want to run it 24/7. im assuming 5ghz stable for me will be in the 1.4 to 1.45 range. in terms of voltages from what ive seen of my chips potentical atm.
Edited by Teufel9000 - 12/12/12 at 10:40am
post #74 of 136
I will give you a tip. Try to find out which fft you had the error on and increase your voltage a bit and do a custom prime with just that fft until it passes 15 minutes without an error.

So for example if your prime stopped or in your case a core stopped at the 25k fft. You should do a custom 25k in place fft run and adjust voltage until it passes that particular fft for 15 minutes. It should still pass all of the ones leading up to this when you start your prime over again and should pass the one you have just tested. Thus saving you a heck of alot of time. good luck
post #75 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicfx View Post

I will give you a tip. Try to find out which fft you had the error on and increase your voltage a bit and do a custom prime with just that fft until it passes 15 minutes without an error.
So for example if your prime stopped or in your case a core stopped at the 25k fft. You should do a custom 25k in place fft run and adjust voltage until it passes that particular fft for 15 minutes. It should still pass all of the ones leading up to this when you start your prime over again and should pass the one you have just tested. Thus saving you a heck of alot of time. good luck


never thought about doing that before ill try it next time & will probably save me alot of heat. What concerns me its always Core #1 that has the error all my other cores never had any errors. what voltage should i do...

like i said rounding errors ive heard is lead to ram... do i up the dram voltage or is their a cpu voltage tweak that isnt a vcore that i need to up a little?
post #76 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post

Yep, that's right biggrin.gif
C

should i increase the voltage at all or just leave it as it is now stock?

The first box says CAS# Latency (tCL)
The second says RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD)
The third is the row precharge time and the fourth isthe RAS# active ttime
And when I try to set the command rate to 1t(it says 1N) it puts it back to auto...
Edited by yottabyte - 12/12/12 at 12:26pm
post #77 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by yottabyte View Post

From what I've seen that's good

What cooling do you use?

Thermaltake 2.0 performer !
Cheap but work well and i have 6 fans without counting the radiator fans (extreme air flow) .. but the temperature in my room is 16/20 degrees, In the summer will be around 26 degrees! =/
Tsauu
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k 4.8Ghz 1.38V Maximus V Gene Gtx670 Ftw Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 HDD 1 TB Thermaltake 2.0 performer Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XL2420T Razer Lycosa Hale90 850W Arc Mini 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Mx518 Steelseries Quick+ Logitech Z906 Kaze Masters 
  hide details  
Reply
Tsauu
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k 4.8Ghz 1.38V Maximus V Gene Gtx670 Ftw Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 HDD 1 TB Thermaltake 2.0 performer Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XL2420T Razer Lycosa Hale90 850W Arc Mini 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Mx518 Steelseries Quick+ Logitech Z906 Kaze Masters 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by yottabyte View Post

should i increase the voltage at all or just leave it as it is now stock?
The first box says CAS# Latency (tCL)
The second says RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD)
The third is the row precharge time and the fourth isthe RAS# active ttime
And when I try to set the command rate to 1t(it says 1N) it puts it back to auto...

Oh ok, set it to 1n then, I might have got my letters mixed up :-( sorry

Um voltage, you can set that to 1.5 and see if it boots, if it doesn't set it up at 1.64, also remember to set XMP

Comps
post #79 of 136
I got 4.8ghz stable without delidding on my h100i. temps were a bit toasty though but it is possible. good luck thumb.gif
post #80 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel9000 View Post

sadly not one of my cores always fails at a rounding error. i believe its my ram thats giving me the problems. but all the other cores went on to 8hours without a problem. i heard rounding problems are usually related to the cpu but im new to intel overclocking i might try and loosing the timings or something.
what voltage were u trying 4.8 at?. i needed roughly 1.335 volts to actually run prime 95 for an hour (Hell i was able to boot into windows @5ghz with the same voltage and get a cpu validation and run the internet for about 30mins), but the heat was killing my ivy bridge. (was peaking 92*C even with my hyper212+ with an ultra kaze on it going directly into my exhaust fan). and it was downclocking to stock speeds 3400. every now and then during the test so im assumeing it wasnt stable.
guess my chip needs a water cooler if i want to run it 24/7. im assuming 5ghz stable for me will be in the 1.4 to 1.45 range. in terms of voltages from what ive seen of my chips potentical atm.


I think i was up to 1.290 before i gave up...I assumed it wouldn't be more than 1.250/80 since i only need 1.176 to run stable @ 4.5. I think it has to do something with RAM but I ran 2 passes of memtest86 the other day and got no errors..so I must be doing something wrong.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Core i5 3570k 4.8 Ghz overclock