Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Core i5 3570k 4.8 Ghz overclock
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Core i5 3570k 4.8 Ghz overclock - Page 9

post #81 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprovido View Post

I got 4.8ghz stable without delidding on my h100i. temps were a bit toasty though but it is possible. good luck thumb.gif

voltage needed?
post #82 of 136
Hello I've been following up on this forum and I really like the results you guys are getting. I'm currently working on a 4.8ghz overclock on my i5 3570k so for I'm at 13hrs on Aida64 max temp of 71c at the moment with core temp Aida shows 68 on all cores for max and I would like to say the voltage I curently have is 1.27v I'm wondering if that's good or not thanks,
Killro
post #83 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killro View Post

Hello I've been following up on this forum and I really like the results you guys are getting. I'm currently working on a 4.8ghz overclock on my i5 3570k so for I'm at 13hrs on Aida64 max temp of 71c at the moment with core temp Aida shows 68 on all cores for max and I would like to say the voltage I curently have is 1.27v I'm wondering if that's good or not thanks,
Killro

thats really nice voltage man. i need roughly 1.335v to get mine 4.8 stable.
post #84 of 136
Thank you man I think I got lucky with this
Chip I'm thinking about keep pushing it last night I shut off Aida64 ran for 28hrs last night temps never went above 71c on core1 I'm thinking about going for 5 ghz not bad for my first overclock eh?
post #85 of 136
I tried pushing my 3570K all the way to the 5GHz milestone, without any luck :/ I booted and all was fine, but the very second i though of running prime95, BAM(!!!), bluescreens everywhere! I have it running 4.8GHz now @ 1.296Vcore with prime95 temps high 70s smile.gif i'm happy with this, have had my share of performance boost. Finetuning the Vcore now to help with temps, but i dont know if this baby can go any lower whitout delidding.
Cooling is a H100 btw
post #86 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyPaperBag View Post

I tried pushing my 3570K all the way to the 5GHz milestone, without any luck :/ I booted and all was fine, but the very second i though of running prime95, BAM(!!!), bluescreens everywhere! I have it running 4.8GHz now @ 1.296Vcore with prime95 temps high 70s smile.gif i'm happy with this, have had my share of performance boost. Finetuning the Vcore now to help with temps, but i dont know if this baby can go any lower whitout delidding.
Cooling is a H100 btw

just curious, do you have a setting on your mobo thats called, 'Internal PLL Overvoltage" ?
its not the normal cpu pll, the 1.8V one
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #87 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

just curious, do you have a setting on your mobo thats called, 'Internal PLL Overvoltage" ?
its not the normal cpu pll, the 1.8V one

I did a search throughout the BIOS of my Z77 SABERTOOTH, but i couldn't find a setting called "Internal PLL overvoltage", the "CPU PLL voltage" however was @1.8V standard, was this the setting you were refering to? smile.gif

EDIT: I found the setting Internal PLL overvoltage, it was right there in front of my eyes redface.gif should i set it to enabled or disabled? smile.gif

i have that setting at 1.5V anyway, did a quick 5 min of prime95 and got an avrage temp of 78C, though i doesnt get any hotter than this if i let her run for 24h straight smile.gif
Edited by DeadlyPaperBag - 1/30/13 at 10:32am
post #88 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyPaperBag View Post

I tried pushing my 3570K all the way to the 5GHz milestone, without any luck :/ I booted and all was fine, but the very second i though of running prime95, BAM(!!!), bluescreens everywhere! I have it running 4.8GHz now @ 1.296Vcore with prime95 temps high 70s smile.gif i'm happy with this, have had my share of performance boost. Finetuning the Vcore now to help with temps, but i dont know if this baby can go any lower whitout delidding.
Cooling is a H100 btw

4.8GHz @ 1.296 V is a great overclock. Mine requires that much voltage for 4.5GHz thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif and well over 1.3 V for 4.6GHz.
post #89 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyPaperBag View Post

I did a search throughout the BIOS of my Z77 SABERTOOTH, but i couldn't find a setting called "Internal PLL overvoltage", the "CPU PLL voltage" however was @1.8V standard, was this the setting you were refering to? smile.gif

i have that setting at 1.5V anyway, did a quick 5 min of prime95 and got an avrage temp of 78C, though i doesnt get any hotter than this if i let her run for 24h straight smile.gif

maybe "Internal PLL overvoltage" has another name on a Asus mobo,
i know now, that with very high oc's, its almost a must to have it enabled,
maybe you should check it ..

no, wasnt refering to the "CPU PLL voltage", i know lowering it from 1.8V can help you with temps,
or sometimes help make your oc stable, about that tho,
when i did very high oc's, they told me to put it back to 1.8V again,
not sure if you had it on 1.5V when you tried the 5.0ghz oc?

edit,
saw you changed your post..lol you found it,
to be honest, i never noticed it till peeps start talking about it biggrin.gif

yea, enable it with oc's above 4.7ghz..could help you get that 5.0ghz running,
worth a shot right smile.gif if temps permit that is wink.gif
what vcores did you try?
Edited by VonDutch - 1/30/13 at 10:47am
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #90 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruennis View Post

4.8GHz @ 1.296 V is a great overclock. Mine requires that much voltage for 4.5GHz thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif and well over 1.3 V for 4.6GHz.

Thank you thumb.gif it's my first real overclock, i must have been really lucky with the chip I guess biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Core i5 3570k 4.8 Ghz overclock