Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Graphics Gard/ Monitor Question
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Graphics Gard/ Monitor Question

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Ok so when i go to boot up if i turn my monitor on right away it will post but nothing else till i turn it off then back on again then the win 8 start screen is there. headscratch.gif

And its also doing it with games also, just a black screen till i turn it off and back on again and poof picture again.

It doesn't say anything bout no signal or anything just a pure black screen, and my light will be blue which means the monitor is on not standby (orange light) or anything.

Any help is appreciated biggrin.gif

Thanks thumb.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k @4.4GHz asrock extreme 4 z87 atx Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition  klevv 8gb urbane 2400MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
1TB 5400RPM Intel SSD 330Series 60GB  Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB Boot Drive XSPC Raystorm D5 EX240 Water Cooling, koolance ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit ASUS MX279H  Saitek Eclipse III Corsair TX650W 
CaseMouseAudio
thermaltake x9 Snow  Razer DeathAdder 2013 Logitech 5.1 X530 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k @4.4GHz asrock extreme 4 z87 atx Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition  klevv 8gb urbane 2400MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
1TB 5400RPM Intel SSD 330Series 60GB  Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB Boot Drive XSPC Raystorm D5 EX240 Water Cooling, koolance ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit ASUS MX279H  Saitek Eclipse III Corsair TX650W 
CaseMouseAudio
thermaltake x9 Snow  Razer DeathAdder 2013 Logitech 5.1 X530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 6
To begin with, what kind of connection or adapters are you using with your monitor?

Does windows reports to detect it appropriately? (Probably doesn't really matter, since you said it happens when POSTing)


It would be a good thing to test the rig with another monitor and/or the monitor with another rig and see the results. Try to do it with the same connection you are using.
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EduFurtado View Post

To begin with, what kind of connection or adapters are you using with your monitor?
Does windows reports to detect it appropriately? (Probably doesn't really matter, since you said it happens when POSTing)
It would be a good thing to test the rig with another monitor and/or the monitor with another rig and see the results. Try to do it with the same connection you are using.


1. DVI
2. Yeah under Screen Resolution it says my monitor name. If thats what you were wondering.
3. The only thing i have to test it with is a tv which i use a HDMI and that seems to work fine,

Is it possibly a DVI cable, i figured if that was bad it would never work??
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k @4.4GHz asrock extreme 4 z87 atx Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition  klevv 8gb urbane 2400MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
1TB 5400RPM Intel SSD 330Series 60GB  Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB Boot Drive XSPC Raystorm D5 EX240 Water Cooling, koolance ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit ASUS MX279H  Saitek Eclipse III Corsair TX650W 
CaseMouseAudio
thermaltake x9 Snow  Razer DeathAdder 2013 Logitech 5.1 X530 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k @4.4GHz asrock extreme 4 z87 atx Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition  klevv 8gb urbane 2400MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
1TB 5400RPM Intel SSD 330Series 60GB  Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB Boot Drive XSPC Raystorm D5 EX240 Water Cooling, koolance ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit ASUS MX279H  Saitek Eclipse III Corsair TX650W 
CaseMouseAudio
thermaltake x9 Snow  Razer DeathAdder 2013 Logitech 5.1 X530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDGamer101 View Post

1. DVI
2. Yeah under Screen Resolution it says my monitor name. If thats what you were wondering.
3. The only thing i have to test it with is a tv which i use a HDMI and that seems to work fine,
Is it possibly a DVI cable, i figured if that was bad it would never work??

It's still weird that the computer is waiting for the monitor to proceed, but you should definitely try changing the cables. Can you use the HDMI cable found on the TV with the monitor and your rig? That could eliminate the possibility of a bad cable.

Maybe this solves the issue, if it does, I would love to research the motives biggrin.gif
For now I see none that could make it act as it is.

By the way, if you turn on your computer with no monitor at all, after a minute you plug it in, the OS has loaded, right? If not, this might be hardware issue with your motherboard or simply how it's configured.
post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EduFurtado View Post

It's still weird that the computer is waiting for the monitor to proceed, but you should definitely try changing the cables. Can you use the HDMI cable found on the TV with the monitor and your rig? That could eliminate the possibility of a bad cable.
Maybe this solves the issue, if it does, I would love to research the motives biggrin.gif
For now I see none that could make it act as it is.
By the way, if you turn on your computer with no monitor at all, after a minute you plug it in, the OS has loaded, right? If not, this might be hardware issue with your motherboard or simply how it's configured.

Basically it will boot with it plugged in or on, just wont show up on monitor till i turn it off and back on again idk but its really got me confused. headscratch.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k @4.4GHz asrock extreme 4 z87 atx Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition  klevv 8gb urbane 2400MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
1TB 5400RPM Intel SSD 330Series 60GB  Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB Boot Drive XSPC Raystorm D5 EX240 Water Cooling, koolance ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit ASUS MX279H  Saitek Eclipse III Corsair TX650W 
CaseMouseAudio
thermaltake x9 Snow  Razer DeathAdder 2013 Logitech 5.1 X530 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k @4.4GHz asrock extreme 4 z87 atx Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition  klevv 8gb urbane 2400MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
1TB 5400RPM Intel SSD 330Series 60GB  Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB Boot Drive XSPC Raystorm D5 EX240 Water Cooling, koolance ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit ASUS MX279H  Saitek Eclipse III Corsair TX650W 
CaseMouseAudio
thermaltake x9 Snow  Razer DeathAdder 2013 Logitech 5.1 X530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDGamer101 View Post

Basically it will boot with it plugged in or on, just wont show up on monitor till i turn it off and back on again idk but its really got me confused. headscratch.gif

Well, see if you can test with the HDMI cable.
One way to be sure would be using another DVI cable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Graphics Gard/ Monitor Question