Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › [Official] Creative Sound Blaster Z, Zx & ZxR Series Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Creative Sound Blaster Z, Zx & ZxR Series Club - Page 278

post #2771 of 5496
i want to buy the Zx, but i have one question...

the volume control knob on the ACM can control the system volume or just the volume of the headphone?

i need a knob that control the system volume, because i already have the volume control on the headphone cable...
post #2772 of 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy Goober View Post

i want to buy the Zx, but i have one question...

the volume control knob on the ACM can control the system volume or just the volume of the headphone?

i need a knob that control the system volume, because i already have the volume control on the headphone cable...

It only controls headphone volume it's just a potentiometer.
BC Primary
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Gigabyte Gaming 7 MSI 1080 Gaming X 16GB Corsair 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Hitachi 4TB Crucial MX100 512GB Crucial M4 512GB Samsung 950 pro 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Custom watercooling 2xMCR320 1xMCR480 Windows 10 Asus Rog Swift PG279Q Benq XL2411T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Red cherry Corsair HX1050 Little Devil 7 Zowie Evo CL EC2 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
QCK Heavy Soundblaster ZX Sennheiser HD598 Schitt Magni/Mobi 
  hide details  
Reply
BC Primary
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Gigabyte Gaming 7 MSI 1080 Gaming X 16GB Corsair 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Hitachi 4TB Crucial MX100 512GB Crucial M4 512GB Samsung 950 pro 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Custom watercooling 2xMCR320 1xMCR480 Windows 10 Asus Rog Swift PG279Q Benq XL2411T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Red cherry Corsair HX1050 Little Devil 7 Zowie Evo CL EC2 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
QCK Heavy Soundblaster ZX Sennheiser HD598 Schitt Magni/Mobi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2773 of 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightCandle View Post

It only controls headphone volume it's just a potentiometer.

thanks for the reply.
it's a really bad news....
i need to found an alternative soundcard with an external volume control knob... like the Xonar Phoebus.
post #2774 of 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy Goober View Post

thanks for the reply.
it's a really bad news....
i need to found an alternative soundcard with an external volume control knob... like the Xonar Phoebus.

That really depends what you want out of a soundcard. If the key feature is headphones and speaker volume moving together then the soundblaster may not be for you, although I seem to recall the SBZ is one of the better cards for having speakers and headphones plugged in and switching over (which is how I use it). If your priority is gaming and surround sound simulation and very much headphone surround sound then the SBX pro on the SBZ is the best card out there and finding another solution for sound volume control like on your keyboard may be a better solution, then the ACM just becomes about balancing the perceived volume of the headphones to the speakers.

I am having trouble with my microphone quality it has a lot of hiss, but there is no way I am going back to dolby headphone for gaming purposes, I value my SBX pro a lot higher than great microphone output at this point.
BC Primary
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Gigabyte Gaming 7 MSI 1080 Gaming X 16GB Corsair 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Hitachi 4TB Crucial MX100 512GB Crucial M4 512GB Samsung 950 pro 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Custom watercooling 2xMCR320 1xMCR480 Windows 10 Asus Rog Swift PG279Q Benq XL2411T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Red cherry Corsair HX1050 Little Devil 7 Zowie Evo CL EC2 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
QCK Heavy Soundblaster ZX Sennheiser HD598 Schitt Magni/Mobi 
  hide details  
Reply
BC Primary
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Gigabyte Gaming 7 MSI 1080 Gaming X 16GB Corsair 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Hitachi 4TB Crucial MX100 512GB Crucial M4 512GB Samsung 950 pro 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Custom watercooling 2xMCR320 1xMCR480 Windows 10 Asus Rog Swift PG279Q Benq XL2411T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Red cherry Corsair HX1050 Little Devil 7 Zowie Evo CL EC2 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
QCK Heavy Soundblaster ZX Sennheiser HD598 Schitt Magni/Mobi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2775 of 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugiik View Post

@unico
so stereo mic work just as that on mic input with realtek ?



Yes, with realtek the mic is clearly works on stereo,noises sound in the same side to the speakers, right noise sounds on right side, left on left, not both without defining the position as the Sound Blaster Z connector or software do.

The problem here is the software of creative or my sound card.....even disabled all crystal voices options in software, mic is working like crap...beamforming they say...

I ask it again friends...nobody reply this....if you make noise on one side of the mic with Blaster Z or ZX....do you hear the noise on the same side of your speakers or on both sides? is the position of the sound, clearly separated?.

I begin to think that creative is selling defective cards, perhaps amazon where i purchased mine.
Edited by Unico - 10/21/14 at 5:02am
post #2776 of 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokiller76 View Post

This are my Mic values Brightcandle i hope fixes you problem.

mic.jpg

No crystal voice option, enabled or disabled fix the problem, the beamforming (sound processing on software, not an especial mic) is active at all times.
post #2777 of 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unico View Post

Yes, with realtek the mic is clearly works on stereo,noises sound in the same side to the speakers, right noise sounds on right side, left on left, not both without defining the position as the Sound Blaster Z connector or software do.

The problem here is the software of creative or my sound card.....even disabled all crystal voices options in software, mic is working like crap...beamforming they say...

I ask it again friends...nobody reply this....if you make noise on one side of the mic with Blaster Z or ZX....do you hear the noise on the same side of your speakers or on both sides? is the position of the sound, clearly separated?.

I begin to think that creative is selling defective cards, perhaps amazon where i purchased mine.

It's the driver. The mic is stereo with the default Windows driver, but Creative simply don't have any real software developers. The ones they have are genuinely braindead codemonkeys without a shred of talent. Either that, or Creative aren't paying them. Not much we can do about that, unfortunately.
post #2778 of 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeReinhardt View Post

It's the driver. The mic is stereo with the default Windows driver, but Creative simply don't have any real software developers. The ones they have are genuinely braindead codemonkeys without a shred of talent. Either that, or Creative aren't paying them. Not much we can do about that, unfortunately.

Tested, and this is true...with default Windows driver mic operates in stereo...i hope Creative fix this soon, at least I hope that the microphone can be used in real stereo mode with crystal voice disabled.


Check this threat on Creative forums, not only am I having these problems.

http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=704495
post #2779 of 5496
Seeing as their last driver update was just a rename, i wouldent get any hopes up about any bug fixes or improvements, ever.
post #2780 of 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unico View Post

Tested, and this is true...with default Windows driver mic operates in stereo...i hope Creative fix this soon, at least I hope that the microphone can be used in real stereo mode with crystal voice disabled.


Check this threat on Creative forums, not only am I having these problems.

http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=704495

This bug's been known about for a looooong time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unico View Post

Tested, and this is true...with default Windows driver mic operates in stereo...i hope Creative fix this soon, at least I hope that the microphone can be used in real stereo mode with crystal voice disabled.


Check this threat on Creative forums, not only am I having these problems.

http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=704495

I've had a response on this forum where someone was trying to convince me that mic inputs are generally mono, and that the mono input on the Z series was by design. He was obviously suffering from the same driver bug, and I'm 100% sure there are plenty others who are having the same issue, but just unaware of it. Even I was unaware of it for months until I tried to record in stereo using recording software. I have the ZXR, so it wasn't at all cheap... I'm astounded that the Z series, which is meant to be Creative's premier products have such pitiful support. By the way, you'll notice more software bugs and intentional poor hardware design as the months roll by. Fun times...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › [Official] Creative Sound Blaster Z, Zx & ZxR Series Club