Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Video Games - General › [VB] Crytek’s chief: Nothing will beat Crysis 3′s graphics for at least two years
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[VB] Crytek’s chief: Nothing will beat Crysis 3′s graphics for at least two years - Page 27

post #261 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEATu View Post

Sheesh I'm jelly of those specs zkarla. But why do you have a GTX 680 for PhysX? :O Isn't that way overkill?

It's probably a leftover card that got replaced by the 690s. Might as well put it to use.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 MSI X58 Pro-E GTX 560 Ti 448 3x2GB G.Skill DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
840 Pro Caviar Black LG BD-ROM Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Dell U2311H Turbo-Trak (Google it :D) Corsair HX-520 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM690 Mionix Avior 7000 Everglide Titan AKG K 242 HD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 MSI X58 Pro-E GTX 560 Ti 448 3x2GB G.Skill DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
840 Pro Caviar Black LG BD-ROM Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Dell U2311H Turbo-Trak (Google it :D) Corsair HX-520 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM690 Mionix Avior 7000 Everglide Titan AKG K 242 HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #262 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomizer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEATu View Post

Sheesh I'm jelly of those specs zkarla. But why do you have a GTX 680 for PhysX? :O Isn't that way overkill?

It's probably a leftover card that got replaced by the 690s. Might as well put it to use.

Wouldn't it be funny if he was the only one able to run Crysis 3 maxed @ 60fps? laugher.gif

No, that would not be funny now that I think about it. It would be a dream, because I doubt Crytek would do Crysis 1 all over again, but I got my fingers crossed. Everyone knows that they had fun waiting for the new cards to come out after they bought OG Crysis because it was going to be the first game they threw at it. It's just fun having something like that that you can play and right away feel the reward of spending all that money on your new card(s).

Give me something to look forward to throwing at my 780's Crytek. Please.
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #263 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomizer View Post

It's probably a leftover card that got replaced by the 690s. Might as well put it to use.

You nailed it. In fact I have another 680 lying around that I want to sell as I had 2 680s in sli before I bought the 2 690s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

Wouldn't it be funny if he was the only one able to run Crysis 3 maxed @ 60fps? laugher.gif
No, that would not be funny now that I think about it. It would be a dream, because I doubt Crytek would do Crysis 1 all over again, but I got my fingers crossed. Everyone knows that they had fun waiting for the new cards to come out after they bought OG Crysis because it was going to be the first game they threw at it. It's just fun having something like that that you can play and right away feel the reward of spending all that money on your new card(s).
Give me something to look forward to throwing at my 780's Crytek. Please.

I doubt it. I don't think that would help their image. People would start calling the game un-optimized at the drop of a hat. Plus we know its using the same engine as crysis 2 which is very well optimized.

I just hope they don't pull a borderlands 2/Far Cry 3 and make it overly CPU dependent. Plus nVidia better have proper sli compatibility bits if I am going to be able to reap any benefits of the quad sli. smile.gif
post #264 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkalra View Post

I doubt it. I don't think that would help their image. People would start calling the game un-optimized at the drop of a hat. Plus we know its using the same engine as crysis 2 which is very well optimized.

I just hope they don't pull a borderlands 2/Far Cry 3 and make it overly CPU dependent. Plus nVidia better have proper sli compatibility bits if I am going to be able to reap any benefits of the quad sli. smile.gif

That's true, yeah. And I hate when a CPU core keeps maxing out and I don't get full usage on my GPUs.

So, just curious since you mentioned the SLI compatibility...do many games work well when you're using both 690's? How often do you actually lose performance, or see no increase in performance, when using both as opposed to one?
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #265 of 307
i wouldn't have any problem if crysis3 is heavy on cpu more than GPU
post #266 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by kx11 View Post

i wouldn't have any problem if crysis3 is heavy on cpu more than GPU

Having an even load across all cores, no. But I've had my 3930k up to 4.7Ghz for Far Cry 3 and one core still keeps hitting a full load, and I get less than 120fps (framerate cap) while GPU usage is at less 100%, so I can't help but think I'm losing a few frames because of that core maxing out.

Not a big deal really, and it doesn't happen often. Just saying. Like in BF3, quite a load on my CPU sometimes, but it's always evenly spread out across all 6 cores. Now that I don't mind at all redface.gif
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #267 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

Having an even load across all cores, no. But I've had my 3930k up to 4.7Ghz for Far Cry 3 and one core still keeps hitting a full load, and I get less than 120fps (framerate cap) while GPU usage is at less 100%, so I can't help but think I'm losing a few frames because of that core maxing out.
Not a big deal really, and it doesn't happen often. Just saying. Like in BF3, quite a load on my CPU sometimes, but it's always evenly spread out across all 6 cores. Now that I don't mind at all redface.gif



we all know FC3 isn't the most optimized game
post #268 of 307
The last four of us in this thread have the most powerful CPU's available (in the consumer market) and we are still complaining about CPU usage??? Lol, crazy PC gamers! biggrin.gif
post #269 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

The last four of us in this thread have the most powerful CPU's available (in the consumer market) and we are still complaining about CPU usage??? Lol, crazy PC gamers! biggrin.gif

Ha, excellent point. Irony at its finest biggrin.gif

I just think dev's really have to put more time into coding when a modern-day AAA game gets released and a SNB-E core maxes out at 4.7Ghz. That's just not right winksmiley02.gif

Ah well. Worse things have happened. Don't mean to nit-pick. Just saying tongue.gif
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #270 of 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkalra View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomizer View Post

It's probably a leftover card that got replaced by the 690s. Might as well put it to use.

You nailed it. In fact I have another 680 lying around that I want to sell as I had 2 680s in sli before I bought the 2 690s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

Wouldn't it be funny if he was the only one able to run Crysis 3 maxed @ 60fps? laugher.gif
No, that would not be funny now that I think about it. It would be a dream, because I doubt Crytek would do Crysis 1 all over again, but I got my fingers crossed. Everyone knows that they had fun waiting for the new cards to come out after they bought OG Crysis because it was going to be the first game they threw at it. It's just fun having something like that that you can play and right away feel the reward of spending all that money on your new card(s).
Give me something to look forward to throwing at my 780's Crytek. Please.

I doubt it. I don't think that would help their image. People would start calling the game un-optimized at the drop of a hat. Plus we know its using the same engine as crysis 2 which is very well optimized.

I just hope they don't pull a borderlands 2/Far Cry 3 and make it overly CPU dependent. Plus nVidia better have proper sli compatibility bits if I am going to be able to reap any benefits of the quad sli. smile.gif
A newer version of the engine made for the PC. 3.4 will be used in C3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

The last four of us in this thread have the most powerful CPU's available (in the consumer market) and we are still complaining about CPU usage??? Lol, crazy PC gamers! biggrin.gif
Aw. I'd better leave then. wave2.gif


People would not call the game un-optimized if it still looked amazing compared to any other game with lower graphic settings just to play the game. Or at least I certainly wouldn't. I think it would be awesome if quad SLI would be needed to play the game at max settings and look amazing.
Sleek Rig 2012
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k 4.8 GHz ASUS Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 480 SuperClocked Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8 GB 2133 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Patriot Pyro SE 120 GB  WD Caviar Black 500 GB x2 (1 backup) ASUS CD/DVD RW 24x Noctua NH-D14 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
GELID Icy Vision Rev. 2 Windows 8 Professional Samsung BX2440 24" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone ST75ZF 750W NZXT Phantom (black) Saitek GM2400 V-MODA Crossfade LP 
AudioAudio
Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 Saitek Cyborg 5.1 headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Sleek Rig 2012
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k 4.8 GHz ASUS Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 480 SuperClocked Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8 GB 2133 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Patriot Pyro SE 120 GB  WD Caviar Black 500 GB x2 (1 backup) ASUS CD/DVD RW 24x Noctua NH-D14 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
GELID Icy Vision Rev. 2 Windows 8 Professional Samsung BX2440 24" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone ST75ZF 750W NZXT Phantom (black) Saitek GM2400 V-MODA Crossfade LP 
AudioAudio
Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 Saitek Cyborg 5.1 headset 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Video Games - General › [VB] Crytek’s chief: Nothing will beat Crysis 3′s graphics for at least two years