Originally Posted by boredgunner
Forgive me for any duplicates, but hey, that just adds further emphasis to such games.First Person Shooters
- Metro 2033
- Black Mesa (source mod, requires Source SDK 2007 which is free)
- Half Life 2 and the episodes (preferably with FakeFactory's Cinematic Mod)
- Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
- Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
(the best genre)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series
Going to second these. Definitely buy HL2 and pick up Black Mesa (I played HL2 first, but Black Mesa is a remake of HL1). Currently working through Metro and its pretty linear [at least at this point] but still fun.
Heard great things about Stalker, but couldn't keep myself interested personally.
Put many many hours into Skyrim but never really felt any desire to play it. It was fun to play, but even after my friends telling me that I was literally AT THE FINAL BOSS FIGHT I don't really care to start it up again to finish it.
And of course Serious Sam. Second Encounter was one of my good friends' favorite games of all time. Great shooter with a sense of humor. Doesn't really need to be played coop either.