Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Build Log] An old man's first blinged out water build.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] An old man's first blinged out water build. - Page 91

post #901 of 1540
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

Now you hurt my feelings bart Rich why your figure that???

actually most people would consider the bonus I got for year end company performance that but I worked my ass off for 20 years to get this so I am proud and LIKE it!!!
Hey buddy, ENJOY it. I'm sure you work your ass off. I just think $1000 for a video card is nuts. Personally, I flat out refuse to pay more than $300 for a GPU. So I don't mind being a bit behind the curve. Top of the line GPUs are for benchmarking, and that's about it. My little 7950 eats everything I throw at it with ease, so I personally can't justify THREE TIMES PLUS that price for a Titan. Plus you put a $150+ water block on it, and you're approaching $1200 for a GPU!! Heck I have less than $5000 put into my system, and it would be less than that if I hadn't got the urge to try water cooling 2/3rds of the way through the build. tongue.gif Don't get me wrong though: if I had the money, I'd have gone top end, but I don't. I'm just a poor Canadian government stooge who makes 75K a year BEFORE taxes, which are considerable in Canada. Not hating on Titan owners at all, don't take me wrong. smile.gif
FireBox
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Gene Zotac GTX 980 x 2 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB ADATA S900 x 2 RAID0 3TB x 2 RAID1 1TB x 2 single storage Custom water loop 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC EX360 rads x 1 / AlphaCool Monsta 360 x 2 ... Dual D5 variable pumps Windows 7 64 bit SP1 Samsung 27" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX750 Case Labs Magnum M8 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
FireBox
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Gene Zotac GTX 980 x 2 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB ADATA S900 x 2 RAID0 3TB x 2 RAID1 1TB x 2 single storage Custom water loop 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC EX360 rads x 1 / AlphaCool Monsta 360 x 2 ... Dual D5 variable pumps Windows 7 64 bit SP1 Samsung 27" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX750 Case Labs Magnum M8 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #902 of 1540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post

Hey buddy, ENJOY it. I'm sure you work your ass off. I just think $1000 for a video card is nuts. Personally, I flat out refuse to pay more than $300 for a GPU. So I don't mind being a bit behind the curve. Top of the line GPUs are for benchmarking, and that's about it. My little 7950 eats everything I throw at it with ease, so I personally can't justify THREE TIMES PLUS that price for a Titan. Plus you put a $150+ water block on it, and you're approaching $1200 for a GPU!! Heck I have less than $5000 put into my system, and it would be less than that if I hadn't got the urge to try water cooling 2/3rds of the way through the build. tongue.gif Don't get me wrong though: if I had the money, I'd have gone top end, but I don't. I'm just a poor Canadian government stooge who makes 75K a year BEFORE taxes, which are considerable in Canada. Not hating on Titan owners at all, don't take me wrong. smile.gif

Bart I am sorry I finished this post before i read it I meant to say I was playing with you and no offence meant!!!

what i am doing is a once in a life time thing I know that and from now on I have to be responsible with extra money mad.gif

but i am having fun
Edited by seross69 - 5/25/13 at 9:09pm
post #903 of 1540
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

Bart I am sorry I finished this post before i read it I meant to say I was playing with you and no offence meant!!!

what i am doing is a once in a life time thing I know that and from now on I have to be responsible with extra money mad.gif

but i am having fun
Scott, if I had your money, my rig would be nuts. biggrin.gif With no wife or kids draining my soul (and bank account), I'd have a crazy rig. Heck, it would probably have a built-in Fleshlight. biggrin.gif
FireBox
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Gene Zotac GTX 980 x 2 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB ADATA S900 x 2 RAID0 3TB x 2 RAID1 1TB x 2 single storage Custom water loop 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC EX360 rads x 1 / AlphaCool Monsta 360 x 2 ... Dual D5 variable pumps Windows 7 64 bit SP1 Samsung 27" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX750 Case Labs Magnum M8 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
FireBox
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Gene Zotac GTX 980 x 2 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB ADATA S900 x 2 RAID0 3TB x 2 RAID1 1TB x 2 single storage Custom water loop 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC EX360 rads x 1 / AlphaCool Monsta 360 x 2 ... Dual D5 variable pumps Windows 7 64 bit SP1 Samsung 27" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX750 Case Labs Magnum M8 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #904 of 1540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post

Scott, if I had your money, my rig would be nuts. biggrin.gif With no wife or kids draining my soul (and bank account), I'd have a crazy rig. Heck, it would probably have a built-in Fleshlight. biggrin.gif

LOL Bart.. with I four year old sleeping with us I need that now!!!!
post #905 of 1540
This went from a thread about an old mans blinged out build to old man bromance biggrin.gif
300R
(16 items)
 
Phenom M
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 560ti 8GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Agility 3 Watercooled Windows 7 QNIX 1440p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
19" Dell CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Keys Kingwin STR-500 300R 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Mionix Naos 3200 Func Industries 1030 Z-5500 Sennheiser HD 280 Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670K Z87M Extreme 4 290 PNY 8 GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD Corsair AIO Win 7 Qnix 1440p 
KeyboardCaseMouseAudio
Quickfire Rapid (Blues) Prodigy M Mionix Naos 3200 Sennheiser HD280 
  hide details  
Reply
300R
(16 items)
 
Phenom M
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 560ti 8GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Agility 3 Watercooled Windows 7 QNIX 1440p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
19" Dell CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Keys Kingwin STR-500 300R 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Mionix Naos 3200 Func Industries 1030 Z-5500 Sennheiser HD 280 Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670K Z87M Extreme 4 290 PNY 8 GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD Corsair AIO Win 7 Qnix 1440p 
KeyboardCaseMouseAudio
Quickfire Rapid (Blues) Prodigy M Mionix Naos 3200 Sennheiser HD280 
  hide details  
Reply
post #906 of 1540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namkab View Post

This went from a thread about an old mans blinged out build to old man bromance biggrin.gif

This thumb.gif
AMD Money Pit
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
AMD Athlon X2 5000+  Asrock N61P-S Samsung 512MB DDR2 Samsung 512MB DDR2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Seagate 80GB SATA Cooler Master Phenom II Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell Slim 160 Watt 
Case
XBOX Original Casing 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Money Pit
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
AMD Athlon X2 5000+  Asrock N61P-S Samsung 512MB DDR2 Samsung 512MB DDR2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Seagate 80GB SATA Cooler Master Phenom II Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell Slim 160 Watt 
Case
XBOX Original Casing 
  hide details  
Reply
post #907 of 1540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namkab View Post

This went from a thread about an old mans blinged out build to old man bromance biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by wthenshaw View Post

This thumb.gif

+1
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
USS CLM8-1701
(39 items)
 
Her Venom
(21 items)
 
Lil Tough Guy
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC  F3-2400C10D-16GTX  OCZ Agility 3 120GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Agility 3 120GB  Seagate Barracuda 1TB  Segate Barracuda 3TB Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-ray Writer Swiftech H20-220 EDGE HD Liquid Cooling Kit Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech MCP-35X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 Heat Sink Swiftech MCP35X Reservoir Swiftech Komodo 7970 Swiftech Komodo 7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 240mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm XT45 Alphacool 120mm UT60 FrozenQ PC Mods UV Meteor Light Limited Edition... 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-R... Swiftech Komodo 7970 Windows 7 Windows 8  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Display Monitor Stand  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 XFX pro 1250w black edition Caselabs MAGNUM M8 Case Razer Naga 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 2.1 Razer Megalodon XFX pro 1250w black edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 batch 1229 pgn  Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z gigabyte 7770 OC gigabyte 7770 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
F3-2400C10D-16GTX OCZ agaility 3 120  OCZ Agility 3 120gb  Seagate 7200rpm 1tb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Pioneer BDR-208DBK Rosewill RCR-IM5001 USB2.0 75 in 1 internal Car... Swiftech MCP-35X White Top Swiftech Quiet Power 240  
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Swiftech Apogee HD Windows 7 Windows 8 LG E2242 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG E2242 RAZER Black Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Seasonic x660 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
Mouse
Razer Lachesis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6100 Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 XFX 7770 Core Edition Samsung 1600 2x4 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 1600 2x4 Unknown as of now  Piorneer BDR-208DBK Swiftech H220  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8  Samsung 60" 120hz 3d LED TV Unknown Seasonic x750 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Unknown Pioneer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #908 of 1540
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVY MAN View Post

my plan was to run a passthu from the mobo side panel to the back where I would connect it to a 90 degree extender. Looking at the drawings from bitspower i'll need 30 mm of clearance. Might be doable, although hd mount screws might get in the way..

Well you can always move slightly to one side or the other in order to clear the screws, but I think all you have to worry about is the cage itself. At least if you don't use 3 screws per drive - which I have always thought was ridiculously excessive (especially for SSD's - I did that for demonstration purposes and to help measure). If you just use 4 then the first ones are likely to be forward of where you want your passthrough, and the rear ones will likely be past. However, if you are creative, you could always use the switch area to gain extra space you could craft a U-fitting from two 90's and an extension piece to go through that cutout - especially if you didn't get the USB+Audio add in (which I didn't and therefore have extra room there.



Here is the extra space you have with a plain switch (there's still some with the USB+audio panel... but not nearly enough because it's 6 more small cables through there) and if you got the USB3+Audio... then you can pretty much forget that idea. frown.gif

post #909 of 1540
Have fun today Bart we off on day trip to lookout mountain and I drank too much to get up early so will not get much done today at all.
post #910 of 1540
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiCiDAL View Post

Well you can always move slightly to one side or the other in order to clear the screws, but I think all you have to worry about is the cage itself. At least if you don't use 3 screws per drive - which I have always thought was ridiculously excessive (especially for SSD's - I did that for demonstration purposes and to help measure). If you just use 4 then the first ones are likely to be forward of where you want your passthrough, and the rear ones will likely be past. However, if you are creative, you could always use the switch area to gain extra space you could craft a U-fitting from two 90's and an extension piece to go through that cutout - especially if you didn't get the USB+Audio add in (which I didn't and therefore have extra room there.



Here is the extra space you have with a plain switch (there's still some with the USB+audio panel... but not nearly enough because it's 6 more small cables through there) and if you got the USB3+Audio... then you can pretty much forget that idea. frown.gif


thanks, I think this gives me a better understanding of what i'm trying to do. Right now I'm just in the planning phases of my build and I'd like to get a rough idea where things are going to go, this helps a lot.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Build Log] An old man's first blinged out water build.