Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Build Log] An old man's first blinged out water build.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] An old man's first blinged out water build. - Page 94

post #931 of 1540
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiLd FyeR View Post

Bart, still working on it ehh. Hang in there, the case is completely huge and different from the 810. Soo much space to work with and huge rad's you got.

Waiting for the Aquacomputer part now (the base plate that allows a direct D5 mount). That's the key piece. Once I get that, and get it leak tested, the migration *should* begin.

Stumbled across another problem though: the Alphacool screws have tiny heads (no penis jokes!). So I had to find some washers for those bastards. I found some, but I'm too drunk to test those tonight. biggrin.gif The Alphacool screws go right through the holes in the M8!!
FireBox
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Gene Zotac GTX 980 x 2 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB ADATA S900 x 2 RAID0 3TB x 2 RAID1 1TB x 2 single storage Custom water loop 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC EX360 rads x 1 / AlphaCool Monsta 360 x 2 ... Dual D5 variable pumps Windows 7 64 bit SP1 Samsung 27" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX750 Case Labs Magnum M8 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
FireBox
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Gene Zotac GTX 980 x 2 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB ADATA S900 x 2 RAID0 3TB x 2 RAID1 1TB x 2 single storage Custom water loop 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC EX360 rads x 1 / AlphaCool Monsta 360 x 2 ... Dual D5 variable pumps Windows 7 64 bit SP1 Samsung 27" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX750 Case Labs Magnum M8 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #932 of 1540
Bart have you had any vibration from the XSPC bay res?
post #933 of 1540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post

Waiting for the Aquacomputer part now (the base plate that allows a direct D5 mount). That's the key piece. Once I get that, and get it leak tested, the migration *should* begin.

Stumbled across another problem though: the Alphacool screws have tiny heads (no penis jokes!). So I had to find some washers for those bastards. I found some, but I'm too drunk to test those tonight. biggrin.gif The Alphacool screws go right through the holes in the M8!!

Yup. I had some small washers around which I used... but I went and got smaller ones for the rebuild... because the heads were able to partially go through the hole in the washers too! They couldn't fit all the way through, but it wound up becoming like a little 'hat' on them... so once you tightened everything down... you'd need pliers to get the washer off the screw later on. rolleyes.gif Oddly enough, they will (barely) hold most fans on... but if you over-tighten... they'll go through that too. biggrin.gif
post #934 of 1540
I am considering buying a fountain effect reservoir. From the one YouTube video I have been able to find it looks rather nice. Would you mind posting a small video? I will only be running one D5 pump with about 3 blocks so it would be nice to see how it looks for you with two pumps, that way I can visualize how it would look and judge if it's worth the extra. That is if you still have the setup going, if not, I would rather you not go through all the trouble again. Thanks.
Edited by hiarc - 5/29/13 at 10:28pm
!?!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-6900K ASUS X99-M WS ASUS Strix GTX 980 Ti ASUS Strix GTX 980 Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB 3200C14 Samsung 950 PRO Samsung 850 EVO Custom Watercooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Acer XB270HU Logitech G810 EVGA SuperNova T2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CaseLabs Mercury S5 Logitech G900 Steelseries QCK Sennheiser HD 650 
AudioAudio
JDS Labs ODAC JDS Labs O2 
  hide details  
Reply
!?!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-6900K ASUS X99-M WS ASUS Strix GTX 980 Ti ASUS Strix GTX 980 Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB 3200C14 Samsung 950 PRO Samsung 850 EVO Custom Watercooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Acer XB270HU Logitech G810 EVGA SuperNova T2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CaseLabs Mercury S5 Logitech G900 Steelseries QCK Sennheiser HD 650 
AudioAudio
JDS Labs ODAC JDS Labs O2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #935 of 1540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post

Probably, but I'm not interested in colored coolant or dyes. I'm running straight distilled + biocide.
With 2 D5's most likely staying at full power, flow isn't a concern. smile.gif
Worst case I'll just avoid the effect entirely, as I don't want to restrict the loop or mod the tube res. Once I get all my parts, I'll tear down my current PC and run dual D5s in a mini-loop on the kitchen table so I can see what that looks like. I'll make a decision then. The fountain creates quit a bit of turbulence in the water, so I might just dump it entirely. smile.gif

I did not get as much flow as I thought out of 2 D5's 2.8 GPM I think it was and this is in a short testing circuit without any water blocks to cause restriction???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post

I'm all about the lazy. biggrin.gif Heck I haven't even planned a proper drain setup yet. I have two pairs of QDCs that I may or may not end up using. smile.gif Plus I haven't even considered a proper drain setup for this thing yet!! All sorts of crap that I've been too busy to consider. smile.gif

you will get it all figured out and the Kracken helps you do this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiLd FyeR View Post

Bart, still working on it ehh. Hang in there, the case is completely huge and different from the 810. Soo much space to work with and huge rad's you got.

Yes be slow, be smart, and most of all have fun with your build!!! learn from me getting all worked up over no progress....
post #936 of 1540
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGuy90 View Post

Bart have you had any vibration from the XSPC bay res?
None at all, even with 2 D5's running at full blast. But it's a VERY tight fit in the 800D case. It's so tight it doesn't even need screws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiCiDAL View Post

Yup. I had some small washers around which I used... but I went and got smaller ones for the rebuild... because the heads were able to partially go through the hole in the washers too! They couldn't fit all the way through, but it wound up becoming like a little 'hat' on them... so once you tightened everything down... you'd need pliers to get the washer off the screw later on. rolleyes.gif Oddly enough, they will (barely) hold most fans on... but if you over-tighten... they'll go through that too. biggrin.gif
Finding replacement screws with washer heads seems next to impossible. I've tried several hardware stores, but none of em carry screws that small/fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiarc View Post

I am considering buying a fountain effect reservoir. From the one YouTube video I have been able to find it looks rather nice. Would you mind posting a small video? I will only be running one D5 pump with about 3 blocks so it would be nice to see how it looks for you with two pumps, that way I can visualize how it would look and judge if it's worth the extra. That is if you still have the setup going, if not, I would rather you not go through all the trouble again. Thanks.
I don't have the gear to film any video. frown.gif
FireBox
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Gene Zotac GTX 980 x 2 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB ADATA S900 x 2 RAID0 3TB x 2 RAID1 1TB x 2 single storage Custom water loop 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC EX360 rads x 1 / AlphaCool Monsta 360 x 2 ... Dual D5 variable pumps Windows 7 64 bit SP1 Samsung 27" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX750 Case Labs Magnum M8 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
FireBox
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Gene Zotac GTX 980 x 2 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB ADATA S900 x 2 RAID0 3TB x 2 RAID1 1TB x 2 single storage Custom water loop 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC EX360 rads x 1 / AlphaCool Monsta 360 x 2 ... Dual D5 variable pumps Windows 7 64 bit SP1 Samsung 27" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX750 Case Labs Magnum M8 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #937 of 1540
Awesome build! Love the commentary and the fact that I drink that cheapa$$ Lindemann's Cab/Shiraz wine too! LOL I love that you're utterly fearless and you can laugh at yourself as you should when you're in your 40's like us... This little hobby gets expensive quickly doesn't it.? One of the most entertaining builds I have read here by far!
Freebie
(9 items)
 
El Cheapo
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X$ 965 @ 4 Ghz Gigabyte 78 LMT-usb3 rev 5 Sapphire 7950 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840  WD Black 1 Tb x 2 LG DVD  Win 7 Ultimate 
Monitor
AOC 24 inch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8370E Gigabyte LMT-USB3 Rev 5 Sapphire 7950 2x4 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 250 gb SSD Lg DVD Hyper 212 Proscan 39 inch TV 1080 
PowerCase
Rosewill 450 Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Freebie
(9 items)
 
El Cheapo
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X$ 965 @ 4 Ghz Gigabyte 78 LMT-usb3 rev 5 Sapphire 7950 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840  WD Black 1 Tb x 2 LG DVD  Win 7 Ultimate 
Monitor
AOC 24 inch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8370E Gigabyte LMT-USB3 Rev 5 Sapphire 7950 2x4 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 250 gb SSD Lg DVD Hyper 212 Proscan 39 inch TV 1080 
PowerCase
Rosewill 450 Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #938 of 1540
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernyankey1970 View Post

Awesome build! Love the commentary and the fact that I drink that cheapa$$ Lindemann's Cab/Shiraz wine too! LOL I love that you're utterly fearless and you can laugh at yourself as you should when you're in your 40's like us... This little hobby gets expensive quickly doesn't it.? One of the most entertaining builds I have read here by far!
Laughing at myself and cheap wine seem to be related. smile.gif Glad you enjoyed it. This hobby IS expensive. I'm almost glad I've been forced to reign in my spending. If I was making more money, I'd probably dump half of it into PCs since I have no wife or kids!
FireBox
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Gene Zotac GTX 980 x 2 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB ADATA S900 x 2 RAID0 3TB x 2 RAID1 1TB x 2 single storage Custom water loop 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC EX360 rads x 1 / AlphaCool Monsta 360 x 2 ... Dual D5 variable pumps Windows 7 64 bit SP1 Samsung 27" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX750 Case Labs Magnum M8 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
FireBox
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Gene Zotac GTX 980 x 2 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB ADATA S900 x 2 RAID0 3TB x 2 RAID1 1TB x 2 single storage Custom water loop 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC EX360 rads x 1 / AlphaCool Monsta 360 x 2 ... Dual D5 variable pumps Windows 7 64 bit SP1 Samsung 27" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX750 Case Labs Magnum M8 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #939 of 1540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post

I don't have the gear to film any video. frown.gif

No worries then! biggrin.gif It is only 10$ more over the regular reservoir base, worst case I just don't use the effect.
Edited by hiarc - 5/30/13 at 11:31am
!?!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-6900K ASUS X99-M WS ASUS Strix GTX 980 Ti ASUS Strix GTX 980 Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB 3200C14 Samsung 950 PRO Samsung 850 EVO Custom Watercooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Acer XB270HU Logitech G810 EVGA SuperNova T2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CaseLabs Mercury S5 Logitech G900 Steelseries QCK Sennheiser HD 650 
AudioAudio
JDS Labs ODAC JDS Labs O2 
  hide details  
Reply
!?!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-6900K ASUS X99-M WS ASUS Strix GTX 980 Ti ASUS Strix GTX 980 Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB 3200C14 Samsung 950 PRO Samsung 850 EVO Custom Watercooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Acer XB270HU Logitech G810 EVGA SuperNova T2 1000W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CaseLabs Mercury S5 Logitech G900 Steelseries QCK Sennheiser HD 650 
AudioAudio
JDS Labs ODAC JDS Labs O2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #940 of 1540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post

Laughing at myself and cheap wine seem to be related. smile.gif Glad you enjoyed it. This hobby IS expensive. I'm almost glad I've been forced to reign in my spending. If I was making more money, I'd probably dump half of it into PCs since I have no wife or kids!

I agree this Hobby is expensive, I recently built my first PC and I didn't think I would get into water cooling. Now i'm jumping right in and spending more money. Upgrading sure does add up. Also I'm in the same boat, standby on my water cooling build because some compression fittings are sold out.
1st ever build
(13 items)
 
2nd Build
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k ASUS Max V Extreme EVGA Titan Corsair Dominator 16GB 1633 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Intel SSD Cosair H100i Win 7 Pro ASUS VG248qe 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 Corsair AX850 Phantom 630 Corsair M60 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k gene vii 750 ti corsair dom 
Optical DriveCase
intel 730 350d 
  hide details  
Reply
1st ever build
(13 items)
 
2nd Build
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k ASUS Max V Extreme EVGA Titan Corsair Dominator 16GB 1633 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Intel SSD Cosair H100i Win 7 Pro ASUS VG248qe 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 Corsair AX850 Phantom 630 Corsair M60 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k gene vii 750 ti corsair dom 
Optical DriveCase
intel 730 350d 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Build Log] An old man's first blinged out water build.