Got mine today. It seems I got one of the bad ones. Comparing it to my awesome (for a TN) old 2233RZ, which is still the best 120Hz monitor I've ever used.
Turbo240 is awesome for games. Great motion clarity with 99% of the image quality of the normal mode. Makes no difference for normal usage, but be aware of the afterimages it creates, see below.
- The monitor suffers the lack of red. Pure red is quite pale, compared to green and blue. This causes colors to be off, I can't get it right no matter what I try with the controls.
- Crosshatching across the whole screen. This might sound crazy, but I think the warmer it gets the more I can see it. I just turned it on and I can't see anything. EDIT: as I'm done writing this post, it's clearly evident on the white background.
- Bad black levels. Pure black is supposed to be awesome on this display, but it's barely better than my 2233RZ. In normal operation contrast is comparable to the 2233RZ.
- Severe light bleed from the edges when displaying colors close to black, but not black itself, as others have reported.
- Ghosting! Aceptable with Turbo240 off, with it on it produces after images. The ufo test is an extreme case, but I can see it in normal operation.
- Horrible effect in fades from black. If you own Trine 2, the fade that happens just after the Frozenbite logo looks horrible, like a 256 colors GIF. This obviously doesn't happen on the 2233RZ.
I'm going back to my 2233RZ. It's supposed to be a ****ty monitor, but it really looks better to me than the Eizo. Reds really pop up, overall picture is better, no ghosting or other bull****, etc.
Edited by STaRGaZeR69 - 11/11/13 at 4:04pm