Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › LightBoost, G-SYNC, Turbo240: 120Hz Strobe Backlight LCDs / No Motion Blur!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LightBoost, G-SYNC, Turbo240: 120Hz Strobe Backlight LCDs / No Motion Blur! - Page 100

post #991 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post

Just use the lightboost.bin file (that should be available as an attachment somewhere here, Mark's blog or on hardforum's LB thread) to have the lightboost resolutions all enabled without having to change other stuff.

As far as "LCD reduced"
Make sure you are using the lastest CRU.exe. It should be CRU 1.0. There were beta versions before that. Previous versions of Cru do NOT have "LCD reduced" as an option.
Under 'detailed resolutions" under the three lightboost resolutions added by importing 'lightboost.bin", you would click "add->LCD Reduced" and enter 1920x1080 and 144 hz and you're done.
I was using CRU 1.0 and the custom resolutions don't show up. It turns out that you can't use light boost at 144hz, so it doesn't matter.
post #992 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFox View Post

This hasnt been cracked for use on AMD cards yet has is? ive not found results on google.

You need access to an nvidia card to enable it and then the monitors remember it and re-enable once you do it on your ATI machine. I just did it successfully with 2/3 of my monitors.
R-WAN
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k Asrock extreme6 GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G skill 1866 samsung 840 lite-on dvd  swiftech h220 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
windows 8 asus vg248 asus vg248 asus vg248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech g710 rosewill 1300 switch 810 razer deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
R-WAN
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k Asrock extreme6 GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G skill 1866 samsung 840 lite-on dvd  swiftech h220 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
windows 8 asus vg248 asus vg248 asus vg248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech g710 rosewill 1300 switch 810 razer deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #993 of 2929
Yes but it's still nice to go back to 144 hz and regain the color calibrations through the OSD, when you're not gaming.
The lightboost.bin file deletes all of the other resolutions and timings except 100, 110 and 120hz lightboost. Some people wanted 144 hz non lightboost back as an option (you can NOT have 120 hz nonlightboost+lightboost at the same time btw), so it's a simple matter if just choosing new LCD Reduced->144 hz) under detail resolutions. (note you can only have 4 at maximum).
SB Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD5 B3 R9 290X 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, 250gb Liteon ihbs212 blu-ray burner/reader XP+W7 Benq XL2720Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 69/Year of the Goat/Shine 5 Seasonic Platinum X1000 Corsair 760T Logitech G502 with r0ach approved ™ sensor 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
SB Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD5 B3 R9 290X 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, 250gb Liteon ihbs212 blu-ray burner/reader XP+W7 Benq XL2720Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 69/Year of the Goat/Shine 5 Seasonic Platinum X1000 Corsair 760T Logitech G502 with r0ach approved ™ sensor 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
post #994 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by jderbs View Post

You need access to an nvidia card to enable it and then the monitors remember it and re-enable once you do it on your ATI machine. I just did it successfully with 2/3 of my monitors.

does the nvidia card have to be a newish generation? i have an old one kickin around that i used to use to gain access to 2 monitors (ghetto)
post #995 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFox View Post

does the nvidia card have to be a newish generation? i have an old one kickin around that i used to use to gain access to 2 monitors (ghetto)

I think as long as you can go through the enabling 3d setup in the drivers you're fine.
R-WAN
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k Asrock extreme6 GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G skill 1866 samsung 840 lite-on dvd  swiftech h220 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
windows 8 asus vg248 asus vg248 asus vg248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech g710 rosewill 1300 switch 810 razer deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
R-WAN
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k Asrock extreme6 GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G skill 1866 samsung 840 lite-on dvd  swiftech h220 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
windows 8 asus vg248 asus vg248 asus vg248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech g710 rosewill 1300 switch 810 razer deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #996 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post

Yes but it's still nice to go back to 144 hz and regain the color calibrations through the OSD, when you're not gaming.
The lightboost.bin file deletes all of the other resolutions and timings except 100, 110 and 120hz lightboost. Some people wanted 144 hz non lightboost back as an option (you can NOT have 120 hz nonlightboost+lightboost at the same time btw), so it's a simple matter if just choosing new LCD Reduced->144 hz) under detail resolutions. (note you can only have 4 at maximum).
Yeah, getting rid of the broken color of lightboost was nice. Nvidia's custom resolution utility actually worked to add 144hz, unlike the third party one.
post #997 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrejhon View Post

Strange. Hopefully a solution comes up for fixing this strange deficiency.
Are the cables in their original positions as the first time around?

just FYI I fixed it simply by plugging only that monitor into my nvidia machine and setting it up again (took 5 min) and now it works. LB on 3 monitors on AMD! thumb.gif
R-WAN
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k Asrock extreme6 GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G skill 1866 samsung 840 lite-on dvd  swiftech h220 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
windows 8 asus vg248 asus vg248 asus vg248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech g710 rosewill 1300 switch 810 razer deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
R-WAN
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k Asrock extreme6 GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G skill 1866 samsung 840 lite-on dvd  swiftech h220 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
windows 8 asus vg248 asus vg248 asus vg248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech g710 rosewill 1300 switch 810 razer deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #998 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by jderbs View Post

just FYI I fixed it simply by plugging only that monitor into my nvidia machine and setting it up again (took 5 min) and now it works. LB on 3 monitors on AMD! thumb.gif

so i could plug it into an nvidia machine, turn on lightboost, and move it back to my ati machine with the monitor "remembering" that lightboost was on?
post #999 of 2929
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFox View Post

so i could plug it into an nvidia machine, turn on lightboost, and move it back to my ati machine with the monitor "remembering" that lightboost was on?
Could you also just buy a GT 210 and do it with that?
post #1000 of 2929
why would i spent 60$ on a new video card i will likely never ever use when i could do it for free? i already have a gt9400
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › LightBoost, G-SYNC, Turbo240: 120Hz Strobe Backlight LCDs / No Motion Blur!