Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KT/GS] The War Z REMOVED From Steam. Valve Offering FULL Refunds. (UPDATE)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[KT/GS] The War Z REMOVED From Steam. Valve Offering FULL Refunds. (UPDATE) - Page 28

post #271 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryboto View Post

Your comparisons are ridiculous. They aren't games. I HAVE PURCHASED COMPLETE, NEW GAMES FOR LESS THAN THE $15-CRAPPY STATE IN WHICH WARZ SOLD AT.

No it's not. You said software, not specifically "games." WarZ being in a crap state is purely your opinion and not fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezman View Post

Development software =/= Games.
You can make money with Photoshop or video editing software. It enables you to have a career and generate a profit from your services.
You play video games purely for enjoyment.
Therefore, in a free market, they are valued differently.

Yes I know you CAN make money with those software, BUT that has nothing to do with what was stated beforehand. I use the video editing software for pure enjoyment so yea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

DayZ is still free, even if you had to buy ARMA 2 lol
When you buy ARMA 2 for DayZ you are getting 3 games for $15-$25 depending on where you get it from.

ARMA 2 is old, it should be cheap. Dayz alpha/beta is free, not the standalone. I know for a fact that people bought arma2 just to play dayz. Theroratically making it not free for the people who had to buy arma2.
 
Home Server
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel 4770k asus gryphon corsair vengeance samsung evo 
CoolingOSPowerCase
corsair h100 windows 7 ultimate rm650 caselabs s5 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel 2100 asrock  gskill 4gb crucial m4 64gb 
OSCase
windows server 2012 r2 xion 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Home Server
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel 4770k asus gryphon corsair vengeance samsung evo 
CoolingOSPowerCase
corsair h100 windows 7 ultimate rm650 caselabs s5 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel 2100 asrock  gskill 4gb crucial m4 64gb 
OSCase
windows server 2012 r2 xion 
  hide details  
Reply
post #272 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post

Just played it for an hour,many things have been altered.
The amount of zombies has grown massively and they aggro easily now...makes the 4 hr wait to respawn unless paid for has a certain cynical angle on it....
The server lobby counts are 100.
Crosshairs...
Didnt meet one hacker!
Too little,too late tho.......

4 hour wait i don't mind, I'll just choose another character. People are saying it's dumb because in dayz you automatically respawn, but they didn't think that warz has 5 characters. Meaning you can automatically respawn too. LOL
 
Home Server
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel 4770k asus gryphon corsair vengeance samsung evo 
CoolingOSPowerCase
corsair h100 windows 7 ultimate rm650 caselabs s5 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel 2100 asrock  gskill 4gb crucial m4 64gb 
OSCase
windows server 2012 r2 xion 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Home Server
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel 4770k asus gryphon corsair vengeance samsung evo 
CoolingOSPowerCase
corsair h100 windows 7 ultimate rm650 caselabs s5 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel 2100 asrock  gskill 4gb crucial m4 64gb 
OSCase
windows server 2012 r2 xion 
  hide details  
Reply
post #273 of 346
Game must be absolute garbage if steam is handing out refunds. They never give refunds.....
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
Reply
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
Reply
post #274 of 346
the only thing I like about this game (im going to get bashed about this) is people losing there items even if they paid real money for them. its survival after all, just seems logical to have that kind of risk within the game granted it should state somewhere clearly e.g. when equipping that you can lose the item (I might of missed that part but hey)
post #275 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by koulaid View Post

No it's not. You said software, not specifically "games." WarZ being in a crap state is purely your opinion and not fact.
Then explain why Valve removed it from steam? I've encountered games with more features in their prototype stage. What War Z has put forth isn't more than a month's work from any decent developer (if you consider how much of the game was already done by reusing War Inc, a good developer could have War Z remade in a week...), and I know plenty of people in the industry that were sickened by the entire process. The fear is that this scam could cause "mainstream" gamers to shy away from indie devs out of fear of another scam.
Quote:
Yes I know you CAN make money with those software, BUT that has nothing to do with what was stated beforehand. I use the video editing software for pure enjoyment so yea.
The point is not that the game was $15. The point was the game cost anything at all and then had microtransactions on top of it. The game is nothing but a money grab. It's the new version of Vaporware.
Quote:
ARMA 2 is old, it should be cheap. Dayz alpha/beta is free, not the standalone. I know for a fact that people bought arma2 just to play dayz. Theroratically making it not free for the people who had to buy arma2.
No, the standalone isn't free, but they're not ending the mod version of it either. Saying that Day Z is not free because you had to buy Arma 2 is like saying the public park isn't free if you used gas to get there. Arma 2 wasn't some exceptionally obscure game. It wasn't AAA, but it definitely wasn't a game that never got any attention from gaming sites. Plenty of people had Arma 2 long before Day Z launched, that's why there was an expansion launched a couple months before Day Z did.
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #276 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by koulaid View Post

4 hour wait i don't mind, I'll just choose another character. People are saying it's dumb because in dayz you automatically respawn, but they didn't think that warz has 5 characters. Meaning you can automatically respawn too. LOL

I think it's rather ridiculous. I can see having a short timer of like 10-15 minutes, but 4 hours is quite a while. It would make more sense in a F2P game, but this is a game you have to pay for so being locked from playing one of your characters for 4 hours is crazy and it was obvious that it was changed to encourage people to buy the instant revive which also makes the timer seem even more out of place (what was the point of having it in the first place?). Also, what if all your characters are spawn camped and killed? You're locked out of all of them for 4 hours and I know it's not a big deal now since you can just delete some and create a new character, but what about when skills are implemented and deleting your characters is less appealing? You're not going to want to just delete a character you've been working a long time on.

The whole real money aspect of this game just doesn't make sense. The game is a survival MMO shooter.. Being able to buy rare and survival items in the cash shop simply defeats the purpose of the game.

With all that said.. That's still not my biggest problem. I just can not and will not support these devs, specifically Sergey, after seeing the way they have behaved and treated their customers. If you enjoy the game, that's alright.. I have no problems with that. However, you're still supporting a dev that's willing to throw you under the bus at any sign of trouble (see the apology where Sergey blames the customers for misreading the steam page). It's pretty clear that they've developed this game with as little effort as possible and they're just trying to feed off of DayZ's success. Hence why the released on steam when it was in no shape to be released, even as a foundation build which it certainly isn't. That would mean the game at least has all of its core features there, which it doesn't.
Edited by moocowman - 12/20/12 at 9:29am
post #277 of 346
I'm not sure what to think of the game yet. When my friends and I first picked up the game, we were freaked out by all the darkness and the noises the zombies make. Couple hours later we realized zombies aren't the problem, other players are. The amount of griefing in the game is pretty ridiculous. We've been killed by other players so many times that now my friends and I don't trust any other player. It's either we shoot them or they shoot us. It would be fine, except that we have no way of partying up with each other, so we spend half the time playing the game trying to get to each other.

Last night I got killed by 5 people: 4 were in full soldier gear, and one looked like some helpless dude, I'm guessing he was their bait. Logged out and created a new character, joined another server, and the first thing I see in chat is "For the love of God please don't kill me, I just want to play this game." Left right after, lol.

The EU servers have been good to my friends and I, less players and no one seems to talk or grief people. At least so far, we'll see. I imagine in a week we'll get fed up with the game, or turn into griefers ourselves.
Vicious Delicious
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700K Stock p8 z77 ITX 660 Ti 2 x 4GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
180GB SSD, 500GB, 1TB, 1.5TB 2560 x 1440, 1680 x 1050 MX Blues 650W 
CaseAudio
BitFenix Prodigy ODAC > Asgard 2 > DT990 PRO/HE-400 
  hide details  
Reply
Vicious Delicious
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700K Stock p8 z77 ITX 660 Ti 2 x 4GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
180GB SSD, 500GB, 1TB, 1.5TB 2560 x 1440, 1680 x 1050 MX Blues 650W 
CaseAudio
BitFenix Prodigy ODAC > Asgard 2 > DT990 PRO/HE-400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #278 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by koulaid View Post


Making a game is harder than you think kid. LOL

Im sure it is, but many others have pulled it off. rolleyes.gif I never said I could do better, because I have never studied that.. any one with a few weeks of game making has superior knowledge than me, "kid"
Tardis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|2500k @ 4.4Ghz vcore 1.40| MSI P67A-GD65 290X G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
C300 64GB SSD - 500GB HDD - 840 250GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 3 HP LA2405wg 24'' 1920x1200 @5760x1200 Corsair 850watts 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Black G500 
  hide details  
Reply
Tardis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|2500k @ 4.4Ghz vcore 1.40| MSI P67A-GD65 290X G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
C300 64GB SSD - 500GB HDD - 840 250GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 3 HP LA2405wg 24'' 1920x1200 @5760x1200 Corsair 850watts 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Black G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #279 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Apocalypse- View Post

Then explain why Valve removed it from steam? I've encountered games with more features in their prototype stage. What War Z has put forth isn't more than a month's work from any decent developer (if you consider how much of the game was already done by reusing War Inc, a good developer could have War Z remade in a week...), and I know plenty of people in the industry that were sickened by the entire process. The fear is that this scam could cause "mainstream" gamers to shy away from indie devs out of fear of another scam.
The point is not that the game was $15. The point was the game cost anything at all and then had microtransactions on top of it. The game is nothing but a money grab. It's the new version of Vaporware.
No, the standalone isn't free, but they're not ending the mod version of it either. Saying that Day Z is not free because you had to buy Arma 2 is like saying the public park isn't free if you used gas to get there. Arma 2 wasn't some exceptionally obscure game. It wasn't AAA, but it definitely wasn't a game that never got any attention from gaming sites. Plenty of people had Arma 2 long before Day Z launched, that's why there was an expansion launched a couple months before Day Z did.

Valve removed it from steam because all the little kiddies were crying that the game is unplayable. I saw a petition being signed to remove it on steam and i kid you not 30% of the people who signed hasn't even played the game yet. Everyone just jumping on the hate bandwagon. Any good developer could do it in a week, and that's why dayz is taking half a year to be developed from beta since initial release?

It's not a money grab. You don't have to spend ANY money in that game at all. People just choose to. They give you an option so freaking use it, dont bash it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

I think it's rather ridiculous. I can see having a short timer of like 10-15 minutes, but 4 hours is quite a while. It would make more sense in a F2P game, but this is a game you have to pay for so being locked from playing one of your characters for 4 hours is crazy and it was obvious that it was changed to encourage people to buy the instant revive which also makes the timer seem even more out of place (what was the point of having it in the first place?). Also, what if all your characters are spawn camped and killed? You're locked out of all of them for 4 hours and I know it's not a big deal now since you can just delete some and create a new character, but what about when skills are implemented and deleting your characters is less appealing? You're not going to want to just delete a character you've been working a long time on.
The whole real money aspect of this game just doesn't make sense. The game is a survival MMO shooter.. Being able to buy rare and survival items in the cash shop simply defeats the purpose of the game.
With all that said.. That's still not my biggest problem. I just can not and will not support these devs, specifically Sergey, after seeing the way they have behaved and treated their customers. If you enjoy the game, that's alright.. I have no problems with that. However, you're still supporting a dev that's willing to throw you under the bus at any sign of trouble (see the apology where Sergey blames the customers for misreading the steam page). It's pretty clear that they've developed this game with as little effort as possible and they're just trying to feed off of DayZ's success. Hence why the released on steam when it was in no shape to be released, even as a foundation build which it certainly isn't. That would mean the game at least has all of its core features there, which it doesn't.

Delete the character that just died and there you go. How hard was that? OR better yet play in hardcore mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcypot View Post

Im sure it is, but many others have pulled it off. rolleyes.gif I never said I could do better, because I have never studied that.. any one with a few weeks of game making has superior knowledge than me, "kid"

Not everyone works at the same pace. Everyone get's paid differently also.
 
Home Server
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel 4770k asus gryphon corsair vengeance samsung evo 
CoolingOSPowerCase
corsair h100 windows 7 ultimate rm650 caselabs s5 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel 2100 asrock  gskill 4gb crucial m4 64gb 
OSCase
windows server 2012 r2 xion 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Home Server
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel 4770k asus gryphon corsair vengeance samsung evo 
CoolingOSPowerCase
corsair h100 windows 7 ultimate rm650 caselabs s5 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
intel 2100 asrock  gskill 4gb crucial m4 64gb 
OSCase
windows server 2012 r2 xion 
  hide details  
Reply
post #280 of 346
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/20/the-war-z-interview-sergey-titov-backlash/

New interview with Sergey. It definitely has a different tone than the other interview and it's nice to see him taking responsibility for what happened, but I can't help but feel he's just trying to clear his name. It's pretty easy to say this kind of stuff.. It's hard to tell if he actually feels this way since we've already seen his true colors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by koulaid View Post

Delete the character that just died and there you go. How hard was that? OR better yet play in hardcore mode.

I already covered that. What happens when skills are implemented and it is less appealing to just go and delete characters that you've been working on for a while?
Edited by moocowman - 12/20/12 at 10:01am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KT/GS] The War Z REMOVED From Steam. Valve Offering FULL Refunds. (UPDATE)