Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KT/GS] The War Z REMOVED From Steam. Valve Offering FULL Refunds. (UPDATE)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[KT/GS] The War Z REMOVED From Steam. Valve Offering FULL Refunds. (UPDATE) - Page 6

post #51 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomizer View Post

Where on the store page does it say anything about being a beta? It's just another bit of spin to cover up the spin that covers up the original spin that covers up false advertising.

It doesn't. It was released to steam as a "foundation release" but the game just left alpha on december 4th. The game has been out since october, it's just now showing up on steam. Just because they're calling it a foundation release doesn't make it any less of a beta. NO game completes its beta stage in 2 weeks, therefore this game is still in beta.
post #52 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiveron View Post

It doesn't. It was released to steam as a "foundation release" but the game just left alpha on december 4th. The game has been out since october, it's just now showing up on steam. Just because they're calling it a foundation release doesn't make it any less of a beta. NO game completes its beta stage in 2 weeks, therefore this game is still in beta.

Firstly, "foundation release" is a PR term made up by the DayZ devs that means absolutely nothing outside of that game. Secondly, even if it did mean something it is not stated on the store page that it is a foundation release, or that the game has only just left an alpha state. It is being sold as a final release.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 MSI X58 Pro-E GTX 560 Ti 448 3x2GB G.Skill DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
840 Pro Caviar Black LG BD-ROM Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Dell U2311H Turbo-Trak (Google it :D) Corsair HX-520 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM690 Mionix Avior 7000 Everglide Titan AKG K 242 HD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 MSI X58 Pro-E GTX 560 Ti 448 3x2GB G.Skill DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
840 Pro Caviar Black LG BD-ROM Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Dell U2311H Turbo-Trak (Google it :D) Corsair HX-520 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM690 Mionix Avior 7000 Everglide Titan AKG K 242 HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 346
It's funny cuz I bought it- and realized it's definitely not a game for me. It seems like an exercise/test of patience and there just wasn't enough enjoyment to justify it. Call me a spoiled gamer, I'd like to spawn with a pistol. smile.gif

But I don't feel cheated, because I don't think even adding those missing features would make the game playable for me.
Spit in God's Eye
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5960x @ 4.26 ghz core / 3.53 ghz uncore - 1.... AsRock X99 Extreme3 EVGA GTX980 Ti 16gb (4x4gb) Crucial DDR4 2133 CL15  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
A-Data SP600 256gb SSD (C:) Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (D:) Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive (E:) LITE-ON 24x DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Win 10 x64 HP 2511x ( 25" 1080p ) AZIO L70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 Antec 300 (Modded) Logitech M100 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Spit in God's Eye
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5960x @ 4.26 ghz core / 3.53 ghz uncore - 1.... AsRock X99 Extreme3 EVGA GTX980 Ti 16gb (4x4gb) Crucial DDR4 2133 CL15  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
A-Data SP600 256gb SSD (C:) Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (D:) Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive (E:) LITE-ON 24x DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Win 10 x64 HP 2511x ( 25" 1080p ) AZIO L70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 Antec 300 (Modded) Logitech M100 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomizer View Post

Firstly, "foundation release" is a PR term made up by the DayZ devs that means absolutely nothing outside of that game. Secondly, even if it did mean something it is not stated on the store page that it is a foundation release, or that the game has only just left an alpha state. It is being sold as a final release.

It's not being sold as final release, because final release price is going to be $30. Foundation release is exactly what it sounds like and is not a PR term. It's the foundation build of the game that the rest of the updates will be building upon. Vehicles, skill tree's, increased zombie AI and abilities, missions/quests, friend and clan improvements, private servers, strongholds, hardcore mode, etc. are all coming. It's an MMO not a buy once and you're done game, and like all MMO's it is coming out with a base game and will have more and more content added as it goes.
post #55 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomizer View Post

Firstly, "foundation release" is a PR term made up by the DayZ devs that means absolutely nothing outside of that game. Secondly, even if it did mean something it is not stated on the store page that it is a foundation release, or that the game has only just left an alpha state. It is being sold as a final release.

Yep, it is misleading marketing. Just like most of their screenshots, information, and feature lists that they originally put on the game's [release] page that are not part of the current release. tongue.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-5930K ASUS X99-E WS NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X  NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X  
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (8x4GB) DDR4 SAMSUNG 830 Series 128GB (SSD) (x2) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (SSD) (x2) 
Hard DriveKeyboardCaseMouse
Western Digital Black WD2002FAEX 2TB (HDD) (x4) Corsair STRAFE RGB - Cherry MX Silent CaseLabs MAGNUM MH10 Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Mionix PROPUS 380 Gaming Surface Onkyo TX-NR626 7.2-Channel Network Audio/Video ... Polk Audio CS2 Series II Center Channel Speaker Polk Audio Monitor70 Series II Floorstanding Lo... 
AudioAudio
Polk Audio Monitor60 Series II Floorstanding Lo... Polk Audio PSW505 12-Inch Powered Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-5930K ASUS X99-E WS NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X  NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X  
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (8x4GB) DDR4 SAMSUNG 830 Series 128GB (SSD) (x2) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB (SSD) (x2) 
Hard DriveKeyboardCaseMouse
Western Digital Black WD2002FAEX 2TB (HDD) (x4) Corsair STRAFE RGB - Cherry MX Silent CaseLabs MAGNUM MH10 Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Mionix PROPUS 380 Gaming Surface Onkyo TX-NR626 7.2-Channel Network Audio/Video ... Polk Audio CS2 Series II Center Channel Speaker Polk Audio Monitor70 Series II Floorstanding Lo... 
AudioAudio
Polk Audio Monitor60 Series II Floorstanding Lo... Polk Audio PSW505 12-Inch Powered Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 346
Dayz and State of Decay will be soon. right now im having fun playing closed beta of Dead Matter(crysis 2 mod)
Sharkbait
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k OC 4.6 Asrock p67 extreme 4 gen 3 Asus GTX 670 DirectCU ii top sli 16gb gskill ripsaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
3xWD RE4 2tb Crucial M4 128gb none Corsair h80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit HP ZR30w 30" IPS Corsair vengeance k60 Corsair hx850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li Lancool DragonLord K62R1 Corsair vengeance m60 Razor Large ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
Sharkbait
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k OC 4.6 Asrock p67 extreme 4 gen 3 Asus GTX 670 DirectCU ii top sli 16gb gskill ripsaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
3xWD RE4 2tb Crucial M4 128gb none Corsair h80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit HP ZR30w 30" IPS Corsair vengeance k60 Corsair hx850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li Lancool DragonLord K62R1 Corsair vengeance m60 Razor Large ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiveron View Post

It's not being sold as final release, because final release price is going to be $30. Foundation release is exactly what it sounds like and is not a PR term. It's the foundation build of the game that the rest of the updates will be building upon. Vehicles, skill tree's, increased zombie AI and abilities, missions/quests, friend and clan improvements, private servers, strongholds, hardcore mode, etc. are all coming. It's an MMO not a buy once and you're done game, and like all MMO's it is coming out with a base game and will have more and more content added as it goes.

They [The WarZ devs] chose the name almost immediately after it was announced by the DayZ developers - in this case it makes no sense for the The War Z developers to choose this name.

Day Z is using a release schedule similar to that of Minecraft, they are releasing the initial Foundation Build for a cheaper price then will continue to update and release it as a Beta Build at a later date when it is fleshed out for a higher price then eventually making the Full Release at the full retail price.

The War Z has went from Alpha to a quick Beta and then released the 'Foundation Build' which for all intents and purposes is the full release - there are no more stages of testing they have to go through.

The problem is not that 'It's an MMO not a buy once and you're done game' it's that they clearly advertised a service that was nowhere near complete and contained about half of what it said it did - blatant false advertising.

That's like WoW advertising a 200 Level Cap and 5 new Battlegrounds and 500km/sq of land and Blizzard just saying 'Oh but yeah, we WILL put it in eventually.
Toaster
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K ASUS Maximum VII Impact Z97 OcUK GeForce GTX 970 "NVIDIA 970 Cooler Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) Low-profile Corsair DDR3 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Samsung 850 EVO Corsair H100i Microsoft Windows 8.1 Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 600W SFX Silverstone Strider NCASE M1 Zowie FK1 
  hide details  
Reply
Toaster
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K ASUS Maximum VII Impact Z97 OcUK GeForce GTX 970 "NVIDIA 970 Cooler Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) Low-profile Corsair DDR3 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Samsung 850 EVO Corsair H100i Microsoft Windows 8.1 Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 600W SFX Silverstone Strider NCASE M1 Zowie FK1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post

They [The WarZ devs] chose the name almost immediately after it was announced by the DayZ developers - in this case it makes no sense for the The War Z developers to choose this name.
Day Z is using a release schedule similar to that of Minecraft, they are releasing the initial Foundation Build for a cheaper price then will continue to update and release it as a Beta Build at a later date when it is fleshed out for a higher price then eventually making the Full Release at the full retail price.
The War Z has went from Alpha to a quick Beta and then released the 'Foundation Build' which for all intents and purposes is the full release - there are no more stages of testing they have to go through.
The problem is not that 'It's an MMO not a buy once and you're done game' it's that they clearly advertised a service that was nowhere near complete and contained about half of what it said it did - blatant false advertising.
That's like WoW advertising a 200 Level Cap and 5 new Battlegrounds and 500km/sq of land and Blizzard just saying 'Oh but yeah, we WILL put it in eventually.
are you actually coming up with half-baked excuses for the game?
Sharkbait
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k OC 4.6 Asrock p67 extreme 4 gen 3 Asus GTX 670 DirectCU ii top sli 16gb gskill ripsaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
3xWD RE4 2tb Crucial M4 128gb none Corsair h80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit HP ZR30w 30" IPS Corsair vengeance k60 Corsair hx850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li Lancool DragonLord K62R1 Corsair vengeance m60 Razor Large ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
Sharkbait
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k OC 4.6 Asrock p67 extreme 4 gen 3 Asus GTX 670 DirectCU ii top sli 16gb gskill ripsaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
3xWD RE4 2tb Crucial M4 128gb none Corsair h80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit HP ZR30w 30" IPS Corsair vengeance k60 Corsair hx850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li Lancool DragonLord K62R1 Corsair vengeance m60 Razor Large ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 346
Everytime I watch a youtube video of bigrigs over the road racing, I can't stop myself from constantly laughing
Edited by y2kcamaross - 12/19/12 at 5:43am
ivybeech
(21 items)
 
4K-HTPC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k@4.7ghz Gigabyte z170xp-sli Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16gb Team Xtreem DDR4 @16/18/18/37 3333mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256gb M4 SSD boot 4TB Seagate - Raid 0 4TB Seagate - Raid 0 2TB Western Digital Green for storage 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Seagate 3 tb Seagate  2TB Seagate 4TB of various external storage 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100 in push/pull Windows 10 pro ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" OC Catleap Q270SE IPS 2560x1440@120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Xarmor mechanical cherry mx-brown Hale90 1000w 80+gold EVGA DG-87 Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2400 Intel DP67BG Nvidia GTX 950 8gb Gskill Ripjaws 1600mhz ddr3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256gb samsung SSD Asus Blu-ray Drive Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Corsair H50 push/pull Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio m60-c3 - 3840x2160 OCZ ZT 750w Silverstone Grandia gd-05 
  hide details  
Reply
ivybeech
(21 items)
 
4K-HTPC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k@4.7ghz Gigabyte z170xp-sli Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16gb Team Xtreem DDR4 @16/18/18/37 3333mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256gb M4 SSD boot 4TB Seagate - Raid 0 4TB Seagate - Raid 0 2TB Western Digital Green for storage 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Seagate 3 tb Seagate  2TB Seagate 4TB of various external storage 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100 in push/pull Windows 10 pro ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" OC Catleap Q270SE IPS 2560x1440@120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Xarmor mechanical cherry mx-brown Hale90 1000w 80+gold EVGA DG-87 Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2400 Intel DP67BG Nvidia GTX 950 8gb Gskill Ripjaws 1600mhz ddr3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256gb samsung SSD Asus Blu-ray Drive Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Corsair H50 push/pull Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio m60-c3 - 3840x2160 OCZ ZT 750w Silverstone Grandia gd-05 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 346
-
Edited by Rotsae - 4/1/14 at 11:56pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KT/GS] The War Z REMOVED From Steam. Valve Offering FULL Refunds. (UPDATE)