Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Best 8200dpi Mouse
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best 8200dpi Mouse - Page 2

post #11 of 38
IMO you would be better off with an optical mouse for FPS, they tend to be more consistent. The Avago laser sensors that the 8200 DPI mice use has some built in acceleration. and some feel a bit strange/laggy (apparenlty the lag has been fixed on some now, but they still have the acceleration). Since you have small hands you might like the Zowie EC2 Evo (size 120 x 40 x 58-65 mm / 4.72 x 1.57 x 2.28-2.56 in), Roccat Savu (also a small palm/claw mouse), or if you want the highest DPI optical then the Razer Deathadder 2013, but its larger than the EC2 and Savu. Overall I think the Roccat Savu would be a nice choice for you.

DPI isn't everything, it just corresponds to what cm/360 you use. Once you have as much DPI as you're happy with, you should really be looking at how else the sensor performs, and what shape fits your hand and style best, instead of going for more DPI.

If you must have high DPI then there will be some trade offs, which when it comes to performing well in game, isn't the best idea, ideally you want everything to come together as a whole package.
Edited by bst - 12/19/12 at 10:43pm
post #12 of 38
The Kone XTD doesn't feel laggy at all and even the small amount of smoothing was fixed with the last Driver/Firmware and so the Kone Pure does.

And to be honest. I don't even notice the so called small amount of Accel in the Kone XTD with my current 40cm per 360cm low-Mid sense. It just feels direct and very good and smooth to control. And I got many so called non accel Mice at home to compare it, like a G400, Zowie evo EC1 or Zowie AM only to call a few.
It's also completely predictionfree and so the Kone Pure is.

What's really strong if you plan to buy a Roccat Kone XTD are the following points and I can imagine it's the same for the Kone Pure:

-The Materials and Buildquality are excellent. I got over 20 different Mice at home, but this has such a high Quality that I always call it "THE ROCK" under the Mice.
-The ergonomics are great to control and grip with one of the smoothest Palmpossibilities available on the Market
-The internals from the highclass Omrons to the 9800 Laser are superb
-The Softwarefunctionallity is flawless and really excellent
-The Onboard Memory allows you to save all Settings directly in the Mouse without the need of a Driver for future Actions
-It is rich packed with Mousebuttons and the Clickfeeling and fine Clickcontrol is worldclass
and that wasn't even everything why the Mouse is worth it.

Just to say it again. I know a international Progamer of nfaculty called QK-Mantis, who made the fourth Place at the Electronic Sports World Cup in Paris a few Weeks ago in Global Offensive with his Team and he is known for his Aimquality in Counter Strike Source and CS:GO and uses a Kone+ since Years. He is just used to it and even you may be right in Terms of small Accel combined with those Lasermice, he wouldn't even think a second about it to use another Mouse than the Kone, because he feels so comfortable with it and aims and controls on a absolutely world class level with it.
Edited by mousefan - 12/20/12 at 12:21am
post #13 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bst View Post

IMO you would be better off with an optical mouse for FPS, they tend to be more consistent. The Avago laser sensors that the 8200 DPI mice use has some built in acceleration. and some feel a bit strange/laggy (apparenlty the lag has been fixed on some now, but they still have the acceleration). Since you have small hands you might like the Zowie EC2 Evo (size 120 x 40 x 58-65 mm / 4.72 x 1.57 x 2.28-2.56 in), Roccat Savu (also a small palm/claw mouse), or if you want the highest DPI optical then the Razer Deathadder 2013, but its larger than the EC2 and Savu. Overall I think the Roccat Savu would be a nice choice for you.
DPI isn't everything, it just corresponds to what cm/360 you use. Once you have as much DPI as you're happy with, you should really be looking at how else the sensor performs, and what shape fits your hand and style best, instead of going for more DPI.
If you must have high DPI then there will be some trade offs, which when it comes to performing well in game, isn't the best idea, ideally you want everything to come together as a whole package.

First time i see a manufacturer recommend a different brand than his own biggrin.gif
Nice!

@OP:

Why do you really need 8200dpi ? Even using 5000dpi is total overkill.... High dpi doesn't mean your mouse will be more accurate, but only faster. If you insist on using those dpi settings, then there aren't many options. Maybe a Steelseries Sensei?
post #14 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginzi View Post

First time i see a manufacturer recommend a different brand than his own biggrin.gif
Nice!
@OP:
Why do you really need 8200dpi ? Even using 5000dpi is total overkill.... High dpi doesn't mean your mouse will be more accurate, but only faster. If you insist on using those dpi settings, then there aren't many options. Maybe a Steelseries Sensei?

Yeah I mean I use the Kone XTD also only with 800 dpi. But I never bought this Mouse because I was interested in those high dpi.^^

It has other strong Points really making it worth a Try.
post #15 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan View Post

Yeah I mean I use the Kone XTD also only with 800 dpi. But I never bought this Mouse because I was interested in those high dpi.^^
It has other strong Points really making it worth a Try.

Forgot to mention the Titan Scroll Wheel... IMHO, it puts all other regular and four-way wheels to shame.
post #16 of 38
Anyone got any detailed info on the new Mionix NAOS 8200 mouse?

It's releasing before the end of the month. A Mionix rep stopped by in this thread and addressed they've fixed the delay issue with the A9800.

Wondering if the OP might enjoy a Mionix 8200 dpi laser mouse if he hasn't pulled the trigger? I'm looking for a second mouse for second rig and this mouse has my attention.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Anyone got any detailed info on the new Mionix NAOS 8200 mouse?

No but some Guys talking about the best ergonomics they ever used if they talk about a Mionix Naos. I never tested one of them.^^
post #18 of 38
Thread Starter 
So I use 5000 dpi now and I think its just not quite enough. I don't like useing software sensitivity gains because it feels skippy and just strange. I still have yet to get one and the posts here are awesome so far. Ive seen some stuff on that naos looks intersting. Also if everybody is saying optical is better would the taipan be the best option then?
Chrono Blue
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570k  SABERTOOTH Z77 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 ASUS R9290X-DC2OC 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB orange/blue Samsung 840 EVO ssd 500 ASUS 24X DVD Burner windows 7 64  
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Qnix 2710 matte 2 ASUS VS248H-P  RAZER BlackWidow Ultimate Mechanical Gaming Ke... CORSAIR Gaming Series GS800 800W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Chaser MK-I  Roccat kone pure / TactX  Roccat alumic logitech z2300 
  hide details  
Reply
Chrono Blue
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570k  SABERTOOTH Z77 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 ASUS R9290X-DC2OC 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB orange/blue Samsung 840 EVO ssd 500 ASUS 24X DVD Burner windows 7 64  
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Qnix 2710 matte 2 ASUS VS248H-P  RAZER BlackWidow Ultimate Mechanical Gaming Ke... CORSAIR Gaming Series GS800 800W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Chaser MK-I  Roccat kone pure / TactX  Roccat alumic logitech z2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 38
My CM Storm Sentinel Advance II goes up to 8200dpi. I don't use it that high. I like the mouse though. Very comfortable to use. It has the Avago 9800 sensor.
post #20 of 38
Some Guys underestimate the whole Construction Aspect of a Mouse. Especially of the whole Construction combined with it's Quality, a Kone XTD is so good to control for me personally.
Right now it's the best 8200 dpi Mouse I can imagine.

Yesterday I played on a Deathmatchserver in CSGO with it and even I am still a Righthand Noob, I made crazier shots and had a better Control I ever had with my left strong Mouseside and a also 8200 DPI Mouse like the Taipan.

The Kone XTD is just, really really good in all important Aspects for a Counter Striker when it comes to control.

And for smaller Hands you got the Kone Pure. ^^
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Best 8200dpi Mouse