Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [MCV]Ubisoft plots THQ bid
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MCV]Ubisoft plots THQ bid - Page 6

post #51 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit_reaper View Post

I heard that argument before but IMO its no excuse neither orgin or Uplay should have been made public until they where able to match the industry standard that is steam. If company X launched a operating system and that OS was buggy unpleasant to use ect. Then saying it is no more buggy or hard to use then windows 98 is not making it any more attractive. Current products/services should only be compared to there current competition not what that competition was like a decade earlier.
As for opening different applications for different games. Sure I agree its not something I want to do either. However Steam is very unintrusive in this regard. Steam launches and logs me in automatically, updates my games ect. If I don't want to I don't ever need to lay eyes on the steam GUI aside from installing games. If/when Uplay and Orgin can operate in the same manner I will be much more inclined to use them.

I disagree, You can't test everything in a closed environment. You also can't tell what the people want by developing everything in a lab and then releasing it.
They made the majority of the program (which works fine for me, never had a single issue) and then with that they build on it depending on what people want. I don't see how it's a bad thing, they all have their own strengths and weaknesses and if I'm being honest I don't particularly think Steam is the god almighty of the industry. They're not bad, but just because one company does something one way doesn't mean every other company must follow suit, Uplay and Origin are (as far as I know) for selling their own games making it a completely separate category to Steam anyway.
post #52 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakten View Post

I disagree, You can't test everything in a closed environment. You also can't tell what the people want by developing everything in a lab and then releasing it.
They made the majority of the program (which works fine for me, never had a single issue) and then with that they build on it depending on what people want. I don't see how it's a bad thing, they all have their own strengths and weaknesses and if I'm being honest I don't particularly think Steam is the god almighty of the industry. They're not bad, but just because one company does something one way doesn't mean every other company must follow suit, Uplay and Origin are (as far as I know) for selling their own games making it a completely separate category to Steam anyway.

That's where Beta testing comes in.

Never said they where. Steam certainly has its flaws there is no denying that. What I said is that they set the industry standard as in they are the most successful DRM+digital game distribution service and yes that is exactly what Uplay and orgin are as well so they are very much in the same category as Steam.

I agree. Its a good thing that other companies don't simply make steam clones. However different is not better its just different.

A car can be made in many different ways and depending on how they are made they are good at different things but no matter how or for what they are made they still need to be "good" cars. The Reliant Robin was a different kind of car but no mater how you look at it, it was never a "good" car but in fact a very bad one.

If you don't know what a robin is
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 OC 4.0 GHz 1.35v HT on Asus P6T 1366 SLI Gigabyte GTX 970 OCZ 12GB DDR3 GOLD/Platinum mix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Western digital 300GB Western digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
generic LG DVD WC'd , Supreme LT, NexXxoS Xtreme III 360, Phob... Windows 7 x64 Samsung 27" LED S27A550B 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ACER 23" x233H Dell U3415W Logitech G11 Chieftec 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks enthoo luxe Razer deathAdder respawn steelseries Qck Yamaha HTR-6130 AV Receiver 
AudioAudio
Yamaha NS-50B floor tower speakers miditech Audiolink II stereo sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 OC 4.0 GHz 1.35v HT on Asus P6T 1366 SLI Gigabyte GTX 970 OCZ 12GB DDR3 GOLD/Platinum mix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Western digital 300GB Western digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
generic LG DVD WC'd , Supreme LT, NexXxoS Xtreme III 360, Phob... Windows 7 x64 Samsung 27" LED S27A550B 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ACER 23" x233H Dell U3415W Logitech G11 Chieftec 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks enthoo luxe Razer deathAdder respawn steelseries Qck Yamaha HTR-6130 AV Receiver 
AudioAudio
Yamaha NS-50B floor tower speakers miditech Audiolink II stereo sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 82
lame.
What's going on.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz ASUS P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 670 2gb 8gb of DDR3 G.SKILL 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Agility 2 60gb SSD w/ 250gb HDD Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit Shimian 27" 2560x1440p DELL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 watt Antec 1200 Full Tower Logitech G400 Blue colored 
  hide details  
Reply
What's going on.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz ASUS P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 670 2gb 8gb of DDR3 G.SKILL 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Agility 2 60gb SSD w/ 250gb HDD Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit Shimian 27" 2560x1440p DELL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 watt Antec 1200 Full Tower Logitech G400 Blue colored 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Of Pain View Post

I agree with this.
I believe Steam was just as bad/unstable in its early years, I also believe that Origin and UPlay will improve to the point where they are as good as Steam.
However, I actually dislike the idea of many distribution services. While competition is good, making me open different applications to play different games is something I hate.
Sorry but that is a bad excuse, standard change by time.
This is like a new ISP coming up and only selling dial-up for retarded prices and using the excuse "well x years it was like this as well"
post #55 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit_reaper View Post

That's where Beta testing comes in.
Never said they where. Steam certainly has its flaws there is no denying that. What I said is that they set the industry standard as in they are the most successful DRM+digital game distribution service and yes that is exactly what Uplay and orgin are as well so they are very much in the same category as Steam.
I agree. Its a good thing that other companies don't simply make steam clones. However different is not better its just different.
A car can be made in many different ways and depending on how they are made they are good at different things but no matter how or for what they are made they still need to be "good" cars. The Reliant Robin was a different kind of car but no mater how you look at it, it was never a "good" car but in fact a very bad one.
If you don't know what a robin is

Not saying they are better for being different, just that it takes them time to build up to expectations, hell, Being EA and Ubisoft everyone will already be hellbent on slamming them so it only makes it harder. I don't get why it's hard to accept that it's not as easy as people think to break into a market that they previously had little no none experience in. In the past year (give or take) that I've been using origin for my EA games, I've seen countless improvements, and some area's I prefer it over steam. Beta testing only get's you so far. You usually end up with a niche group which don't represent the majority in terms of what people want or need in the service. I'm not denying claims that the software could be better on release, but I think that considering the circumstances (Mainly with origin, havent used Uplay yet) they did a decent job of getting it out the doors.

That said I suppose it all comes down to personal opinion anyway thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assirra View Post

Sorry but that is a bad excuse, standard change by time.
This is like a new ISP coming up and only selling dial-up for retarded prices and using the excuse "well x years it was like this as well"

It may be a bad excuse, but your argument is nothing like what's happening here.
post #56 of 82
Ubisoft....taking over THQ....

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

That will be all.
Heisenberg
(10 items)
 
Redemption
(18 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Extreme @ 2.8GHz (upgrade) Intel GMA 950 2 x 2 DDR2 667MHz (upgrade) 120GB Mushkin ECO2 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Replaced with 42 W/hr aux battery Mint 17.3 1280x800 Dell 65w Dell Adapter 
CaseOther
Latitude D630 Chassis Intel 7260-802.11ac 2x2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Not telling AsRock something Pixel Pusher 2 x 8 GB AMD Radeon RAM @ 1600mhz (All the VM's) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 128GB (8 second boot) Western Digital RE4 1TB Western Digital RE4 2TB Pioneer Blu-Ray Reader/Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Dell U2713HM IBM Model M (CLICKY!!) 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCG-900 NZXT Source 210 (it was cheap) Logitech G502 Schiit Modi 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 598 M-Audio AV40's 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4200U Microsoft BGA1168 Intel HD 4400 8 GB LPDDR3 Dual Channel @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
SK Hynix 256GB SSD Windows 8.1 Professional 1920 x 1080p IPS Display Microsoft Touch Cover 2 
Power
48w PSU 
  hide details  
Reply
Heisenberg
(10 items)
 
Redemption
(18 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Extreme @ 2.8GHz (upgrade) Intel GMA 950 2 x 2 DDR2 667MHz (upgrade) 120GB Mushkin ECO2 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Replaced with 42 W/hr aux battery Mint 17.3 1280x800 Dell 65w Dell Adapter 
CaseOther
Latitude D630 Chassis Intel 7260-802.11ac 2x2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Not telling AsRock something Pixel Pusher 2 x 8 GB AMD Radeon RAM @ 1600mhz (All the VM's) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 128GB (8 second boot) Western Digital RE4 1TB Western Digital RE4 2TB Pioneer Blu-Ray Reader/Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Dell U2713HM IBM Model M (CLICKY!!) 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCG-900 NZXT Source 210 (it was cheap) Logitech G502 Schiit Modi 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 598 M-Audio AV40's 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4200U Microsoft BGA1168 Intel HD 4400 8 GB LPDDR3 Dual Channel @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
SK Hynix 256GB SSD Windows 8.1 Professional 1920 x 1080p IPS Display Microsoft Touch Cover 2 
Power
48w PSU 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks keep you warm View Post

Come on, Ubiosft isn't even that bad guys seriously.
:

Oh you must be from consoles.

Starforce DRM
Rainbow six ruined
Splinter cell ruined
Ghost recon ruined
Dismantled red storm entertainment
Bought Tom Clancy's name to throw it on every crap game
Always on DRM
Heroes of might and magic 5
Called PC gamers pirates and babies then whined how we treat them like dirt
Refused to fix the end game bug of silent hunter 5that prevented people from finishing the game unless a certain amount of people voted for it on a forum post that went stickied


Now....... you were saying?
Hobbes
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 7700K GIGABYTE AORUS GA-Z270X-Gaming K7 Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance RGB LED 16GB PC4-24000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Predator 240mm Windows 7 x64 Das Keyboard 4 Professional CherryMX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X750 Gold Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G900 Schiit Bifrost Uber W/ USB Gen 2 DAC 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Asgard 2 Headphone Amp Audioengine N22 Speaker Amp AudioQuest Nighthawk Audioengine P4 Monitors. 
  hide details  
Reply
Hobbes
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 7700K GIGABYTE AORUS GA-Z270X-Gaming K7 Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance RGB LED 16GB PC4-24000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Predator 240mm Windows 7 x64 Das Keyboard 4 Professional CherryMX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X750 Gold Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G900 Schiit Bifrost Uber W/ USB Gen 2 DAC 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Asgard 2 Headphone Amp Audioengine N22 Speaker Amp AudioQuest Nighthawk Audioengine P4 Monitors. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post

:
Oh you must be from consoles.
Starforce DRM
Rainbow six ruined
Splinter cell ruined
Ghost recon ruined
Dismantled red storm entertainment
Bought Tom Clancy's name to throw it on every crap game
Always on DRM
Heroes of might and magic 5
Called PC gamers pirates and babies then whined how we treat them like dirt
Refused to fix the end game bug of silent hunter 5that prevented people from finishing the game unless a certain amount of people voted for it on a forum post that went stickied
Now....... you were saying?

No longer in use
Opinion
Opinion
Opinion
Probably lost money
Opinion
No longer in use

Must be an opinion
In the height of huge piracy figures and oh look loads of publishers are struggling
That sucks

Most of your list is opinion or no longer valid. Oh and whines about how we treat them? Yes because that FC3 thread beefing over the E3 footage is a shining light of PC Gaming. Totally doesn't make us all look like idiots.


Now you were saying?
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 82
Sorry but the ruining over every Tom Clancy game isn't opinion it's fact, unless your some button mashing gold fish on consoles then I'd understand where you're coming from. Taking every successful tactical shooter and turning it into Gears of War is blatant ruining of the franchise. Spin it however you want, my statement stands as a fact.
Hobbes
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 7700K GIGABYTE AORUS GA-Z270X-Gaming K7 Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance RGB LED 16GB PC4-24000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Predator 240mm Windows 7 x64 Das Keyboard 4 Professional CherryMX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X750 Gold Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G900 Schiit Bifrost Uber W/ USB Gen 2 DAC 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Asgard 2 Headphone Amp Audioengine N22 Speaker Amp AudioQuest Nighthawk Audioengine P4 Monitors. 
  hide details  
Reply
Hobbes
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 7700K GIGABYTE AORUS GA-Z270X-Gaming K7 Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance RGB LED 16GB PC4-24000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Predator 240mm Windows 7 x64 Das Keyboard 4 Professional CherryMX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X750 Gold Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G900 Schiit Bifrost Uber W/ USB Gen 2 DAC 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Asgard 2 Headphone Amp Audioengine N22 Speaker Amp AudioQuest Nighthawk Audioengine P4 Monitors. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post

Sorry but the ruining over every Tom Clancy game isn't opinion it's fact, unless your some button mashing gold fish on consoles then I'd understand where you're coming from. Taking every successful tactical shooter and turning it into Gears of War is blatant ruining of the franchise. Spin it however you want, my statement stands as a fact.

Having played the Rainbow Six series from Rouge Spear to Aethna Sword and logging thousands of hours and playing Ravenshield for over 3 years religiously all of my clanmates and the whole R6 community couldnt agree more about how the R6 series is complete crap now. Most people I know left the R6 series to play COD 4 for their FPS fix. I have lost all hope that R6 series will ever be great again. mad.gif
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k asus x99 sabertooth Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB Phanteks PH-TC14S Win7 64 Acer XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Strafe RGB Antec Edge 750W Corsair 450D Steelseries Rival 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k asus x99 sabertooth Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB Phanteks PH-TC14S Win7 64 Acer XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Strafe RGB Antec Edge 750W Corsair 450D Steelseries Rival 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [MCV]Ubisoft plots THQ bid