Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › 7900gs vs 7900gt, MUST READ IF...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

7900gs vs 7900gt, MUST READ IF... - Page 4

post #31 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitrevX View Post
I just checked newegg's EVGA cards they have right now.

The lowes price GS they sell is $180 and the highest is $210

The lowest price GT they sell is $202 and the highest is $235

Its not about how rare it is. Its about the diffrence in price and its not much. I dono what your lookin at but the prices are right there at newegg. I'm looking at EVGA's stuff since its a popular manufacture.

lowest 7600GT I see is $120 and the highest is $140.

I dono how to do a linky but try this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...SubCategory=48
eVGA 7900GS=$180 before $20 rebate. eVGA 7900GT=$236 before $20 rebate, the difference is more like $56 but that is a good chunk of change if the performance difference is anything but stellar. I was about to buy the 7900GT but the 7900GS went down to $170-$20 for a few days and the 7900GT went out of stock.. Anyway you cut it 7900GS-GT =$50 or more difference, enough to change your mind IMO.

Also, these are prices for new cards, it isn't fair to count that $202 re-certified eVGA 7900GT as there is no equivalent for the 7900GS, also that recertified card has been out of stock for AGES, and when it does come back, it will only be there for a day or so because they always have very low quantities of those re-cert cards.
post #32 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEddie View Post
eVGA 7900GS=$180 before $20 rebate. eVGA 7900GT=$236 before $20 rebate, the difference is more like $56 but that is a good chunk of change if the performance difference is anything but stellar. I was about to buy the 7900GT but the 7900GS went down to $170-$20 for a few days and the 7900GT went out of stock.. Anyway you cut it 7900GS-GT =$50 or more difference, enough to change your mind IMO.
lol i see you conveniently chose to use the $235 GT to support your argument. If you chose the cheapest GT against cheapest GS its only around 20 bucks..

its the same if its most expensive against most expensive..
post #33 of 42
This argument is moot.. shooting for eVGA cards the cheapest 7900GS is $160 while the cheapest 7900GT is $216, still a $56 difference, I am ignoring that recertified 7900GT because I have never seen it in stock, thus nearly impossible to get one.

For your argument, if you go eVGA 7900GS @ $160 and XFX 7900GT @ $199 (both after rebates) its still a $40 difference but I would much rather have the eVGA anyway...
post #34 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEddie View Post
this argument is moot..
i counted it because if its on there they are selling it. If its never avalible newegg would have taken it down by now. Anyways yeah this has really been dragged out. And even at 56 bucks its less than the 80 you stated before.
post #35 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitrevX View Post
i counted it because if its on there they are selling it. If its never avalible newegg would have taken it down by now. Anyways yeah this has really been dragged out. And even at 56 bucks its less than the 80 you stated before.
I never said $80, check yourself. Also, this is getting ridiculous.
post #36 of 42
actually lol your right
fatal said it then thats when you jumped on me about the isue
post #37 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEoBZ View Post
700/1700

Doing a volt mod now, maybe can push alittle more out of it!
Not done overclocking it yet though!


After im finished with the mods, I will run all the programs and get you my scores
How high you get it?!
post #38 of 42
Thread Starter 
Still working on it, just got my vf900 in today, so ill prolly get a high jump!

And all these conflicts are very childish, chill out.

The gs line were selling for 150.00 after mail in rebate during black friday, if you wait another week or so newegg will have the prices down again for christmas.

And on stock air I got my gs to 700/1700
post #39 of 42
how are you getting those numbers? I have a evga gs and im using Rivia Tuner along with a voltage mod at 1.35v. My prob is that Rivia wont let me go past 620Mhz because of the driver or something. I can flash the bios and jump it straight to 700 or whatever but In the even I go too far would kinda suck as far as getting it back down. I also have the vf900 on my card so im sure I got some head room. just for the record Ive got my mem up to 1676Mhz.

lets see those numbers!
dBag
(9 items)
 
yep...
(10 items)
 
air
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
xeon e3-1230v2 supermicro mbd x9scm-0 KVR1333D3E9S/4G OCZ vertex3 60GB 
CoolingOSPowerCase
1u 80mm blower + passive cpu  proxmox 3.1 supermicro 300w 1u supermicro 1u 
Other
2x intel pro1000 nics  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-3870K @ 3.7GHz GIGABYTE A75M-UD2H Power Cooler 7870 Team Group Inc 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
3x OCZ Agility 3 60GB (RAID-0 on Rocket RAID 27... Corsair H-80 core win-7 Seagate 750 Gold 
CaseAudio
some lian-li case... M-Audio AV40s + 10" Sony ___? 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
D525 @ 1.8GHz Supermicro onboard 2x2GB DDR1333 
Hard DriveOSCaseOther
WD Green ubuntu 12 1u  3x40mm fans  
  hide details  
Reply
dBag
(9 items)
 
yep...
(10 items)
 
air
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
xeon e3-1230v2 supermicro mbd x9scm-0 KVR1333D3E9S/4G OCZ vertex3 60GB 
CoolingOSPowerCase
1u 80mm blower + passive cpu  proxmox 3.1 supermicro 300w 1u supermicro 1u 
Other
2x intel pro1000 nics  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-3870K @ 3.7GHz GIGABYTE A75M-UD2H Power Cooler 7870 Team Group Inc 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
3x OCZ Agility 3 60GB (RAID-0 on Rocket RAID 27... Corsair H-80 core win-7 Seagate 750 Gold 
CaseAudio
some lian-li case... M-Audio AV40s + 10" Sony ___? 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
D525 @ 1.8GHz Supermicro onboard 2x2GB DDR1333 
Hard DriveOSCaseOther
WD Green ubuntu 12 1u  3x40mm fans  
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 42
You need more than 1.35v to hot over 630mhz usually speaking. Try to bump to 1.4v and see what happens.

Quote:
how are you getting those numbers? I have a evga gs and im using Rivia Tuner along with a voltage mod at 1.35v.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › 7900gs vs 7900gt, MUST READ IF...