AIO = All in one cooler = Closed loop
As people have agreed with me, the h100i and Kraken series are the best to go with if you want maximum performance for AIO loops.
Custom Loop- Did you look at my thread? Click HERE
I like to use http://www.frozencpu.com/ for my parts. This is a quick breakdown for components including what components you need:
Custom Loop Components
1. Tubing- I'm not sure whats the best for this but I know that PrimoChill LRT is a good contender (You can choose which color you want--DONT USE DYES).
2. Reservoir- The type of res you get depends on what type of pump you get. Here are some nice reservoirs Ive come across:
XSPC Basic Dual Bay- http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13883/ex-res-299/XSPC_Dual_525_Bay_Reservoir_w_Blue_LED_Light_-_Clear_Silver_Black.html?tl=c97s168b49
XSPC Dual Bay D5/MCP655 Support (this supports D5 and MCP655 pumps)- http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11219/ex-res-232/XSPC_Dual_525_Bay_Reservoir_-_Laing_D5_MCP655_w_Blue_LED_Light_-_Clear_Silver_Black.html?tl=c97s168b49
3. Pump- Right now I'd advise getting either an MCP355 or MCP655. I've heard the 355 has better performance overall from some people and others believe the 655 is the best. I personally would go with a 655.
MCP655 (D5-no pump top needed)- http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16736/ex-pmp-202/Swiftech_MCP655-B_12v_Water_Pump_w_G14_Thread_Ports_Perfectly_Tapped.html?tl=g30c107s1802
MCP655 (D5-cheaper)- http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_201&products_id=33677
4. Pump Top (depending on your pump)- This really depends on what pump you get. These may vary, but with certain pumps, you dont need Pump Tops.
5. Water Block- This usually depends on your chipset. I would recommend this for an AMD water block: XSPC Raystorm Acetal w/ Blue LED's (AMD)- http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14191/ex-blc-972/XSPC_RayStorm_High_Performance_Acetal_CPU_Liquid_Cooling_Block_-_AMD_Sockets_AM2_AM2_AM3_FM1.html?tl=c85s139b49
For an Intel water block I would recommend this: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14845/ex-blc-1039/XSPC_RayStorm_High_Performance_Acetal_CPU_Liquid_Cooling_Block_-_Special_Edition_Copper_Intel_Sockets_LGA_775_1155_1156_1366_2011.html?tl=c85s139b49
These are also some popular and great Water Blocks:
Koolance 370- http://www.dazmode.com/store/product/koolance_cpu-370_rev_1_1_performace_cpu_water_block/
Koolance 370SA- http://www.dazmode.com/store/product/koolance_cpu-370sa_performace_cpu_water_block/
Koolance 380 (AMD)- http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17579/ex-blc-1375/Koolance_CPU-380A_AMD_Liquid_Cooling_CPU_Block_-_No_Fittings_.html?tl=c323s831b4
6. Thermal Paste- Absolute BEST: Indigo Xtreme ETI- http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9992/thr-74/Indigo_Xtreme_Engineered_Thermal_Interface_ETI_Kit_for_AMD_Phenom_and_Athlon_II_AM2_AM3_Sockets_-_2_Pack.html#blank
Second best: Shin-Etsu- http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8921/thr-57/Shin-Etsu_X23-7783D_Silicone_Thermal_Compound_-_1g.html?tl=g8c127s846
7. Barbs- Havent gotten this far yet, but really depends on other variables like tubing and the pump you get
8. Radiator- There are multiple rads you could get out there. What I would go with is either a UT or XSPC. The UT60 is just an amazing rad. As far as the XSPC EX and XSPC RX go, the EX is a thinner and better fitting rad that is suited for slower fan speeds. The RX is the step above the EX but doesnt really show its true colors until you pump up your fan speed to the higher ranges. The RX is also more expensive and is pretty thick. I'm going to list the 240mm versions, but you can get them in 120, 280, 360, 480, etc.
UT60 240mm- http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14856/ex-rad-332/Alphacool_NexXxoS_UT60_Full_Copper_Dual_120mm_Radiator.html
EX 240mm- http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14327/ex-rad-315/XSPC_EX240_Dual_120mm_Low_Profile_Split_Fin_Radiator.html?tl=c95s160b49
RX 240mm- http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8522/ex-rad-145/XSPC_RX240_Dual_120mm_Radiator.html?tl=c95s160b49
9. Fans- Fan choice is essential in maximizing the efficiency of your rad. As far as what fan to get goes, the SP120s are very good. Others may also be used, but I know this is a popular choice. I personally like the Typhoon fans.
10. Fan Controller- All about how many fans you have and what you prefer.
11. Clamps- You will need this to secure your tubing. Clamp choice can vary depending on what you like. It is not a "main" component
12. Coolant- Will need distilled water. You can pick this up at any grocery store now it feels like.
Hope some of this information helped. If you have any questions just let me know! Check back to my thread for the latest update: http://www.overclock.net/t/1341245/recommendations-for-custom-loop-components
Edited by tylergbass - 12/29/12 at 8:09pm