Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Need a list
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need a list - Page 9

post #81 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedafriend View Post

Hey question should i get colored tubing or colored coolant?

Colored tubing is what you should get in most situations. Something someone told me recently about coolant also. "Go to Walmart and get a gallon on anti-freeze (ethylene glycol based, not propylene glycol based). Mix 90% distilled water (not deionized, not spring, not anything else) and 10% from the gallon to make your coolant."
post #82 of 97
Hello again smile.gif

I see people like this setup for the top rad:



1. If I have only 3 fans - my understanding is to put them at the bottom. If I put 3 rads only at the top that will result in fans sucking air through radiator which should result in less cooling compared when fans push air towards. Is that correct?

2. How big is the impact on the cooling if I add 3 more fans to the top? What about the fan rpm in that case? Should the top rads have bigger rpm (assume that all fans are same type) or at least same rpm as ones at the bottom?

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
post #83 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvvv View Post

Hello again smile.gif
I see people like this setup for the top rad:

1. If I have only 3 fans - my understanding is to put them at the bottom. If I put 3 rads only at the top that will result in fans sucking air through radiator which should result in less cooling compared when fans push air towards. Is that correct?
2. How big is the impact on the cooling if I add 3 more fans to the top? What about the fan rpm in that case? Should the top rads have bigger rpm (assume that all fans are same type) or at least same rpm as ones at the bottom?
Any suggestions?
Thank you!

1. If you can only put 3 fans on a Rad they should be on the bottom (if you are talking about a 360mm (3 X 120mm) or 420mm (3 X 140mm)).

2. If you add 3 fans to the top while having 3 fans on the bottom this increases the performance of your Rad extremely. This is called push/pull. You do not "have" to make all fans the same rpm. Usually it is best to use your highest rpm fans on the bottom in push/pull and have the slower rpm fans on the top. If you have 6 fans laying around the house and 3 have good rpm's and 3 have decent rpm's, that is fine. You just want have the maximum performance you could have (although this can only be achieved with certain fans).
post #84 of 97
PS
When it comes to looks, there is no such thing as overkill.
Tell me the last time an XSPC Rasa block has looked just so damn right:

The closed loop systems just don't look very nice at all. A custom loop, on the other hand, looks freakin' awesome.

If you get creative, I'm sure you can stuff even more than I have inside your case. It certainly has more room than mine.
Edited by Dirtyworks - 1/3/13 at 5:49pm
My Scarlet Sin
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3770k @ 5GHz HT ASRock Z77 Extreme6 eVGA GTX 1070 4x4GB Vengeance @ 1600 CAS7 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
120GB Plextor M3 SSD | 2x1TB RE4 RAID 1 XSPC Rasa | RX120/240 Windows 7 x64 27" Overlord | 22" U2211H | 32" CCFL Sony 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid-i Seasonic X-760 Lian-Li PC-8FIR Logitech G502  
AudioOther
ODAC | Tascam US-366 | Adam A7X Monitors Adam A7X Studio Monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
My Scarlet Sin
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3770k @ 5GHz HT ASRock Z77 Extreme6 eVGA GTX 1070 4x4GB Vengeance @ 1600 CAS7 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
120GB Plextor M3 SSD | 2x1TB RE4 RAID 1 XSPC Rasa | RX120/240 Windows 7 x64 27" Overlord | 22" U2211H | 32" CCFL Sony 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid-i Seasonic X-760 Lian-Li PC-8FIR Logitech G502  
AudioOther
ODAC | Tascam US-366 | Adam A7X Monitors Adam A7X Studio Monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
post #85 of 97
Thank you smile.gif
I have found Radiator Push vs. Pull vs. Shroud Testing V2 @ martins



this looks like push/pull is ~15% better than pull and ~12% then push @ these rpms...

that is a boost, but not that extremely effective smile.gif
post #86 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvvv View Post

Thank you smile.gif
I have found Radiator Push vs. Pull vs. Shroud Testing V2 @ martins

this looks like push/pull is ~15% better than pull and ~12% then push @ these rpms...
that is a boost, but not that extremely effective smile.gif

Thats is very low fan speeds compared to most that you would buy for your rad.
post #87 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylergbass View Post

Thats is very low fan speeds compared to most that you would buy for your rad.


Not really, the GT AP-15's are just turned down to ~1000 RPM, but are rated for 1850 RPM. A lot of people who water cool do this to cut down on the noise. Therefore, a decent amount of testing is done in that RPM region by folks to determine cooling power there. Not many people want to run 2000+ RPM's on all of their fans all the time.
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Calamity
(27 items)
 
Catastrophe
(17 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #88 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post

Not really, the GT AP-15's are just turned down to ~1000 RPM, but are rated for 1850 RPM. A lot of people who water cool do this to cut down on the noise. Therefore, a decent amount of testing is done in that RPM region by folks to determine cooling power there. Not many people want to run 2000+ RPM's on all of their fans all the time.

I didnt mean the actual fan, just the setting of the fan. He was looking at performance difference of push/pull and you will see a larger change in temperatures with higher fan speeds.
post #89 of 97
Thread Starter 
Quote:
PS
When it comes to looks, there is no such thing as overkill.
Tell me the last time an XSPC Rasa block has looked just so damn right:

The closed loop systems just don't look very nice at all. A custom loop, on the other hand, looks freakin' awesome.

If you get creative, I'm sure you can stuff even more than I have inside your case. It certainly has more room than mine./QUOTE]How are your graphics cards temps? I just got that same card and wondered about cooling it. Is it worth it?
post #90 of 97
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyworks View Post

PS
When it comes to looks, there is no such thing as overkill.
Tell me the last time an XSPC Rasa block has looked just so damn right:

The closed loop systems just don't look very nice at all. A custom loop, on the other hand, looks freakin' awesome.
If you get creative, I'm sure you can stuff even more than I have inside your case. It certainly has more room than mine.

How are your temps on that card? I was gunna water cool mine (I have the same card) but is it really worth it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Need a list