Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › The Kraken X60
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Kraken X60 - Page 12

post #111 of 620
Does anyone else have trouble installing the fan software for this? Mine refuses to install, and gives me a message that it has been interrupted. I emailed NZXT twice with no response on the issue. I'm getting really frustrated because its running the fans at a pretty high RPM all the time.
post #112 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrow9 View Post

I'll be getting my top panel tomorrow! It actually came in today but I had it sent to my mom's since I trust her delivery service more than mine. It probably won't be until Friday afternoon I get everything set up and mounted.

However I broke one of my fans. frown.gif I was trying to isolate a noise and one of my fingers hit the blade and snap! Oh well I'll just pick up another nzxt performance fan, not quite radiator grade but with 4 of them it shouldn't be a problem.

I was doing my review vid for my youtube channel and did it... I have 2 broken fans in my case right now :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post

Does anyone else have trouble installing the fan software for this? Mine refuses to install, and gives me a message that it has been interrupted. I emailed NZXT twice with no response on the issue. I'm getting really frustrated because its running the fans at a pretty high RPM all the time.

I installed with 0 issues. Have you tried downloading it from the website?
The Yeti
(17 items)
 
On the cheap
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 5960x Asus X99 Deluxe EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified MSI R9 290x Lightning Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 Samsung 840 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samung 840 Evo Samsung 840 Evo LD PC-V10 Reverse ATX Phase Change Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK GTX 780 Classified Blocks Windows 8.1 X64 Crossover 30Q5 Pro Black. Corsair AX1500i 
Case
LD PC-V10 Reverse White 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium G3258 Asus Z87 Sabertooth MSI R9 290x Lightning Samsung Wonder Ram 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
64GB Sandisk NZXT Kraken X60 Windows 7 Thermaltake 850 
Case
NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
The Yeti
(17 items)
 
On the cheap
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 5960x Asus X99 Deluxe EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified MSI R9 290x Lightning Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 Samsung 840 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samung 840 Evo Samsung 840 Evo LD PC-V10 Reverse ATX Phase Change Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK GTX 780 Classified Blocks Windows 8.1 X64 Crossover 30Q5 Pro Black. Corsair AX1500i 
Case
LD PC-V10 Reverse White 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium G3258 Asus Z87 Sabertooth MSI R9 290x Lightning Samsung Wonder Ram 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
64GB Sandisk NZXT Kraken X60 Windows 7 Thermaltake 850 
Case
NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #113 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunneY View Post

I installed with 0 issues. Have you tried downloading it from the website?

Yes, I tried both the download and the CD. This is what it gives me:

kraken_zps3019d00d.jpg
post #114 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post

Yes, I tried both the download and the CD. This is what it gives me:

kraken_zps3019d00d.jpg

boot into safemode and try it.... sounds like you have something killing it.
The Yeti
(17 items)
 
On the cheap
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 5960x Asus X99 Deluxe EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified MSI R9 290x Lightning Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 Samsung 840 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samung 840 Evo Samsung 840 Evo LD PC-V10 Reverse ATX Phase Change Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK GTX 780 Classified Blocks Windows 8.1 X64 Crossover 30Q5 Pro Black. Corsair AX1500i 
Case
LD PC-V10 Reverse White 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium G3258 Asus Z87 Sabertooth MSI R9 290x Lightning Samsung Wonder Ram 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
64GB Sandisk NZXT Kraken X60 Windows 7 Thermaltake 850 
Case
NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
The Yeti
(17 items)
 
On the cheap
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 5960x Asus X99 Deluxe EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified MSI R9 290x Lightning Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 Samsung 840 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samung 840 Evo Samsung 840 Evo LD PC-V10 Reverse ATX Phase Change Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK GTX 780 Classified Blocks Windows 8.1 X64 Crossover 30Q5 Pro Black. Corsair AX1500i 
Case
LD PC-V10 Reverse White 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium G3258 Asus Z87 Sabertooth MSI R9 290x Lightning Samsung Wonder Ram 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
64GB Sandisk NZXT Kraken X60 Windows 7 Thermaltake 850 
Case
NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #115 of 620
I've been PM'ing Scorpion back and forth, but, for the record for anyone else who may come across this:

Here's what I did (running Windows 8 Pro as well).

If you're running any other AIO control softwarre or Corsair Link, completely uninstall and reboot.

Download the installer from http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/cpu_cooler/kraken_x60 on the right side.
Once downloaded, open the zip file.
Create a new folder on desktop.
Copy contents of zip to that new folder.
Right click on SetUp and choose "run as admin."

It should now install. I've had trouble with other apps doing this on Windows 8, and I'm not sure why certain apps do this, or if it's a problem with Windows 8 altogether not liking to run Setups out of zip files...
post #116 of 620
Thread Starter 
I just received my top panel!

post #117 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrow9 View Post

I just received my top panel!


That's awesome! Pretty good customer support NZXT! thumb.gif
post #118 of 620
Thread Starter 
I agree, they have been probably one of the better pc component companies Ive dealt with. Nothing to props to them thumb.gif

I know I said I would put the panel on friday but I couldn't wait, so I took some pics and wrote a basic guide.

Start bt removing the exterior fan filters and panels.


Next begin by removing the power switch and LED light assembly's


The power switch needs to removed from the housing to be able to slip through the top panel. Begin by separating the clips and breaking the hot glue.


The front I/O cover needs to be unscrewed to access the middle screw in the front of the top panel.


Once removed begin unscrewing the top panel.


There is a total of 18 screws, so get to work!





Top panel removed


New radiator mounting system.



As far replacing the panel goes just remember to cross tighten your screws as you go about it. I forgot to and it made a few points quite annoying to get in but not impossible.

Thanks again NZXT for getting this out to me!


ALSO: For people with the fan speed not showing up, have you made sure you have one fan plugged into the only 4 PIN fan header on the chain? The rest of them lack the RPM cable.
Edited by deathrow9 - 1/24/13 at 10:25pm
post #119 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrow9 View Post

I agree, they have been probably one of the better pc component companies Ive dealt with. Nothing to props to them thumb.gif

I know I said I would put the panel on friday but I couldn't wait, so I took some pics and wrote a basic guide.

Start bt removing the exterior fan filters and panels.


Next begin by removing the power switch and LED light assembly's


The power switch needs to removed from the housing to be able to slip through the top panel. Begin by separating the clips and breaking the hot glue.


The front I/O cover needs to be unscrewed to access the middle screw in the front of the top panel.


Once removed begin unscrewing the top panel.


There is a total of 18 screws, so get to work!





Top panel removed


New radiator mounting system.



As far replacing the panel goes just remember to cross tighten your screws as you go about it. I forgot to and it made a few points quite annoying to get in but not impossible.

Thanks again NZXT for getting this out to me!


ALSO: For people with the fan speed not showing up, have you made sure you have one fan plugged into the only 4 PIN fan header on the chain? The rest of them lack the RPM cable.

Very nice man! Are you going for push/pull? It sucks that on my Arc Midi case, I can only do push frown.gif
post #120 of 620
I'm wondering if NZXT will be able to provide me a new Intel backplate...one of the nuts the locks into the groove in the back striped and turns all the way around when I tighten the screw. :/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › The Kraken X60