Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Cooling Experiments › Ramsinks for under $1.00
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ramsinks for under $1.00 - Page 4

post #31 of 40
United States Code
TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 17 - COINS AND CURRENCY
§ 333. Mutilation of national bank obligations

“Whoever mutilates, cuts, defaces, disfigures, or perforates, or
unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill,
draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking
association, or Federal Reserve bank, or the Federal Reserve System,
with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence
of debt unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or
imprisoned not more than six months, or both.â€
FINDLAW
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/caseco...ction_333.html
or
http://assembler.law.cornell.edu/usc...3----000-.html

Prior to 1994 when this law was amended, the statute read “fined not
more than $100â€. This was changed in 1994 to read “shall be fined
under this title†which effectively gives the court the authority to
impose a fine at its discretion. Of course the imprisonment terms
mentioned in the statute speaks for itself.

NOTES TITLE 18 SECTION 333
http://assembler.law.cornell.edu/usc...000-notes.html

This next statute concerns the defacing of currently circulated coins,
either foreign or domestic:

United States Code
TITLE 18
PART I
CHAPTER 17
§ 331. Mutilation, diminution, and falsification of coins

http://assembler.law.cornell.edu/usc...1----000-.html

“Whoever fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates, impairs, diminishes,
falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins coined at the mints of
the United States, or any foreign coins which are by law made current
or are in actual use or circulation as money within the United States;
or whoever fraudulently possesses, passes, utters, publishes, or
sells, or attempts to pass, utter, publish, or sell, or brings into
the United States, any such coin, knowing the same to be altered,
defaced, mutilated, impaired, diminished, falsified, scaled, or
lightened— Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than
five years, or both.â€

Like the statute I previously discussed, prior to 1994 when this law
was amended, the statute read “fined not more than $2,000â€. This was
changed in 1994 to read “shall be fined under this title†which
effectively gives the court the authority to impose a fine at its
discretion. Of course the imprisonment terms mentioned in the statute
speaks for itself.

NOTES TITLE 18 SECTION 331
http://assembler.law.cornell.edu/usc...000-notes.html


Source : http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=426715
Alienware
(5 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3630QM M14xR2 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M  DDR3 
Hard Drive
Samsung SSD PM830 
  hide details  
Reply
Alienware
(5 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3630QM M14xR2 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M  DDR3 
Hard Drive
Samsung SSD PM830 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwix View Post
United States Code
TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 17 - COINS AND CURRENCY
§ 333. Mutilation of national bank obligations

“Whoever mutilates, cuts, defaces, disfigures, or perforates, or
unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill,
draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking
association, or Federal Reserve bank, or the Federal Reserve System,
with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence
of debt unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or
imprisoned not more than six months, or both.â€
FINDLAW
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/caseco...ction_333.html
or
http://assembler.law.cornell.edu/usc...3----000-.html

Prior to 1994 when this law was amended, the statute read “fined not
more than $100â€. This was changed in 1994 to read “shall be fined
under this title†which effectively gives the court the authority to
impose a fine at its discretion. Of course the imprisonment terms
mentioned in the statute speaks for itself.

NOTES TITLE 18 SECTION 333
http://assembler.law.cornell.edu/usc...000-notes.html

This next statute concerns the defacing of currently circulated coins,
either foreign or domestic:

United States Code
TITLE 18
PART I
CHAPTER 17
§ 331. Mutilation, diminution, and falsification of coins

http://assembler.law.cornell.edu/usc...1----000-.html

“Whoever fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates, impairs, diminishes,
falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins coined at the mints of
the United States, or any foreign coins which are by law made current
or are in actual use or circulation as money within the United States;
or whoever fraudulently possesses, passes, utters, publishes, or
sells, or attempts to pass, utter, publish, or sell, or brings into
the United States, any such coin, knowing the same to be altered,
defaced, mutilated, impaired, diminished, falsified, scaled, or
lightened— Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than
five years, or both.â€

Like the statute I previously discussed, prior to 1994 when this law
was amended, the statute read “fined not more than $2,000â€. This was
changed in 1994 to read “shall be fined under this title†which
effectively gives the court the authority to impose a fine at its
discretion. Of course the imprisonment terms mentioned in the statute
speaks for itself.

NOTES TITLE 18 SECTION 331
http://assembler.law.cornell.edu/usc...000-notes.html


Source : http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=426715
Im sure the government isn't going to find out that you lapped a few pennies for RAM sinks. Lol. Explaining yourself in court "I did it so I could reach 800MHz on my GPU's memory!"
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Centrino T2300 @ 1.83 GHz Intel GM945 Express Chipset Intel GMA950 2x1GB PC2-5300 667MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB 7200rpm WD Scorpio Black USB External DVD/CDRW Windows XP Pro SP3 12.1" 1024x768 DVI 
PowerCaseMouse
4400mAh Li-ion (7+ hours on power saving profile) Carbon Fibre with Magnesium alloy roll cage IBM Trackpoint 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Centrino T2300 @ 1.83 GHz Intel GM945 Express Chipset Intel GMA950 2x1GB PC2-5300 667MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB 7200rpm WD Scorpio Black USB External DVD/CDRW Windows XP Pro SP3 12.1" 1024x768 DVI 
PowerCaseMouse
4400mAh Li-ion (7+ hours on power saving profile) Carbon Fibre with Magnesium alloy roll cage IBM Trackpoint 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 40
Oh my god...
FAKE RIG 5000
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL QX9770 ASUS RAMPAGE EXTREME CROSSFIRE 2 x 4870X2 8GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
6 x VELOCIRAPTOR 300GB RAID10 5 x PLEXTOR PX-716AL SLOT-LOAD VISTA ULTIMATE X64 30" APPLE M9179LL/A DISPLAY 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
LOGITECH G15 SILVERSTONE DA1200 LIAN LI PC-A71B LOGITECH G9 
Mouse Pad
DIAMOND PLATED STEEL 
  hide details  
Reply
FAKE RIG 5000
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL QX9770 ASUS RAMPAGE EXTREME CROSSFIRE 2 x 4870X2 8GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
6 x VELOCIRAPTOR 300GB RAID10 5 x PLEXTOR PX-716AL SLOT-LOAD VISTA ULTIMATE X64 30" APPLE M9179LL/A DISPLAY 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
LOGITECH G15 SILVERSTONE DA1200 LIAN LI PC-A71B LOGITECH G9 
Mouse Pad
DIAMOND PLATED STEEL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by alk View Post
Im sure the government isn't going to find out that you lapped a few pennies for RAM sinks. Lol. Explaining yourself in court "I did it so I could reach 800MHz on my GPU's memory!"
With enough tech savy talk they would probably just pity you. ...or ask to have you fix their dell.
The Fox Box
(16 items)
 
Macbook Pro
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K ASUS P9X79 ASUS GTX 570 DCII 4 x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz LV 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 330 - 180GB LG HDDVD & Blu Ray Reader Cooler Master Hyper 612 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP ZR30w Samsung 2243BWX Ducky! PCP&C 750w Silencer (coppa) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-E8 G9x S&S Steel Onkyo Receiver/Design Acoustics 2.1 system 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 2410M HD 3000 8GB 120GB SSD 
Optical DriveOSOSOS
Super Drive OSX 10.7.2 Win 7 Enterprise (In VB) Ubuntu 10.04 (In VB) 
MonitorPower
13" 1280x800 65w Magsafe 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Q9300 Gigabyte P35 8GB DDR2 2TB WD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2TB WD 2TB Seagate 1.5TB Seagate 1.5TB Seagate 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1TB Hitachi 1TB Hitachi 500GB WD DVD-RW 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win Server 2012 Headless/15" touchscreen Apple mini USB PC P&C 500W 
  hide details  
Reply
The Fox Box
(16 items)
 
Macbook Pro
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K ASUS P9X79 ASUS GTX 570 DCII 4 x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz LV 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 330 - 180GB LG HDDVD & Blu Ray Reader Cooler Master Hyper 612 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP ZR30w Samsung 2243BWX Ducky! PCP&C 750w Silencer (coppa) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-E8 G9x S&S Steel Onkyo Receiver/Design Acoustics 2.1 system 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 2410M HD 3000 8GB 120GB SSD 
Optical DriveOSOSOS
Super Drive OSX 10.7.2 Win 7 Enterprise (In VB) Ubuntu 10.04 (In VB) 
MonitorPower
13" 1280x800 65w Magsafe 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Q9300 Gigabyte P35 8GB DDR2 2TB WD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2TB WD 2TB Seagate 1.5TB Seagate 1.5TB Seagate 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1TB Hitachi 1TB Hitachi 500GB WD DVD-RW 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win Server 2012 Headless/15" touchscreen Apple mini USB PC P&C 500W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 40
Wow someone suggested this to me on my thread I made about cooling my naked ram chips on the backside of my x800xl, but I want to see someone else do it before I touch my big red baby.
Space Heater
(6 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6100 @4.2ghz Gigabyte HD7770 Samsung Wonder Ram 2x4gb 
CoolingOS
evo 212 Windows 10 
  hide details  
Reply
Space Heater
(6 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6100 @4.2ghz Gigabyte HD7770 Samsung Wonder Ram 2x4gb 
CoolingOS
evo 212 Windows 10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by xypex982 View Post
Wow someone suggested this to me on my thread I made about cooling my naked ram chips on the backside of my x800xl, but I want to see someone else do it before I touch my big red baby.

your avitar is very disturbing
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e2140 P5N32-SE SLI Deluxe 8500gt super+ 1gb 4gb 2x buffalo 1x rendition, 1x kngstn valueram 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160gb seagate dvd-rw and a false cd drive like in sig xp home oem samsung crappy POS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
really bad crappy some piece of crap i got for cheap bad 
Mouse Pad
bad 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e2140 P5N32-SE SLI Deluxe 8500gt super+ 1gb 4gb 2x buffalo 1x rendition, 1x kngstn valueram 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
160gb seagate dvd-rw and a false cd drive like in sig xp home oem samsung crappy POS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
really bad crappy some piece of crap i got for cheap bad 
Mouse Pad
bad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 40
Normal ramsinks hurt more than they help, because there isn't enough area to dissapate any serious amount of heat. They look cool, thats about it. Mostly the thermal grese and all just makes a mess on your nice RAM. These must be 100 times worse.
E2140
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E2140@3200MHz ASUS P5K-E PNY 7800GT 2x1GB patrior extreme DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB SATA seagate barracuda lite-on SATA with the red light works windows XP/ubuntu apple 16inch 1600x1200 CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das II w/ cherry blue PC P&C silencer 750W thermaltake armor razor sumthin' or other 
Mouse Pad
sun microsystems 
  hide details  
Reply
E2140
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E2140@3200MHz ASUS P5K-E PNY 7800GT 2x1GB patrior extreme DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB SATA seagate barracuda lite-on SATA with the red light works windows XP/ubuntu apple 16inch 1600x1200 CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das II w/ cherry blue PC P&C silencer 750W thermaltake armor razor sumthin' or other 
Mouse Pad
sun microsystems 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by davek View Post
Normal ramsinks hurt more than they help, because there isn't enough area to dissapate any serious amount of heat. They look cool, thats about it. Mostly the thermal grese and all just makes a mess on your nice RAM. These must be 100 times worse.
When you vmod your card the vmem increases and so does heat. Ram sinks get important past stock volts, regardless about the rumours of RAM heatspreaders being pointless. They are only pointless if they are running at stock volts and very little heat is being produced.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Centrino T2300 @ 1.83 GHz Intel GM945 Express Chipset Intel GMA950 2x1GB PC2-5300 667MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB 7200rpm WD Scorpio Black USB External DVD/CDRW Windows XP Pro SP3 12.1" 1024x768 DVI 
PowerCaseMouse
4400mAh Li-ion (7+ hours on power saving profile) Carbon Fibre with Magnesium alloy roll cage IBM Trackpoint 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Centrino T2300 @ 1.83 GHz Intel GM945 Express Chipset Intel GMA950 2x1GB PC2-5300 667MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB 7200rpm WD Scorpio Black USB External DVD/CDRW Windows XP Pro SP3 12.1" 1024x768 DVI 
PowerCaseMouse
4400mAh Li-ion (7+ hours on power saving profile) Carbon Fibre with Magnesium alloy roll cage IBM Trackpoint 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashersmasher View Post

your avitar is very disturbing
your spelling is very disturbing
Frankenstein
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel PentiumD 915 2.8GHz ASUS P5VDC-X ATX VIA PT880 Chipset SAPPHIRE RadeonX1600 O.C. Kingston 768MB PC3200 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows XP Professional Corporate x86 Dual CRT Clone MICRO Innovations KB650i Rhycom 500W v2.03 Switching 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
POWMAX 803 BLUE TURBO CASE Kensington 72123 Walmart Desktop 
  hide details  
Reply
Frankenstein
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel PentiumD 915 2.8GHz ASUS P5VDC-X ATX VIA PT880 Chipset SAPPHIRE RadeonX1600 O.C. Kingston 768MB PC3200 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows XP Professional Corporate x86 Dual CRT Clone MICRO Innovations KB650i Rhycom 500W v2.03 Switching 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
POWMAX 803 BLUE TURBO CASE Kensington 72123 Walmart Desktop 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 40
What about my version.....
http://www.overclock.net/cooling-exp...heatsinks.html
Price/Power
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (G0) EVGA 680i LT 8800GT 512 4GB G-Skill 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Seagate 250GB 7200.10 DVD-RW w/ Lightscribe Vista x64 Home Premium 22" 1680*1050 
PowerCaseMouse
Rosewill 550 Cooler Master Wireless Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
Price/Power
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (G0) EVGA 680i LT 8800GT 512 4GB G-Skill 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Seagate 250GB 7200.10 DVD-RW w/ Lightscribe Vista x64 Home Premium 22" 1680*1050 
PowerCaseMouse
Rosewill 550 Cooler Master Wireless Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cooling Experiments
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Cooling Experiments › Ramsinks for under $1.00