Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › Overclocking gtx 680
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Overclocking gtx 680

post #1 of 30
Thread Starter 
Hey im a noob to overclocking and wanted to know how to overclock my 680? also, im only getting 40-50 fps with max settings in blackops 2 and freaking borderlands 2 is just unplayable. already tried switching to 306 drivers but that didnt help at all. any suggestions?
system specs:
amd fx4100 (liquid cooling)
970A G45 Mobo
8GB ram
600 extreme power cooler master psu
24" monitor (always playing at 1080p)
post #2 of 30
Thread Starter 
600 watt*
post #3 of 30
Thread Starter 
and i thought i would be getting something like 70 fps or more in games like blops 2. so idk maybe im wrong
post #4 of 30
Thread Starter 
bump
post #5 of 30
Thread Starter 
after a game of blops, i looked at my gpu usage in msi after burner.
i overclocked it to what it is on there, temps dont get above 80 C

post #6 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xystus View Post

Hey im a noob to overclocking and wanted to know how to overclock my 680? also, im only getting 40-50 fps with max settings in blackops 2 and freaking borderlands 2 is just unplayable. already tried switching to 306 drivers but that didnt help at all. any suggestions?
system specs:
amd fx4100 (liquid cooling)
970A G45 Mobo
8GB ram
600 extreme power cooler master psu
24" monitor (always playing at 1080p)

what are the settings do you use? so I can re-test, so far I can get 80 - 100 FPS with :

Texture : EXTRA
AA : 4 x TXAA
Shadows : High
AO : ON
FXAA : OFF (don't like this though, get blurry images)

using my GTX 670 PE card, and 310.70 WHQL.
My Little Beast
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700K KabyLake CPU @5.0 GHz MSI Z270 Gaming M7 Motherboard MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X PLUS 8G Graphics Card Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000 MHz 16 GB DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Plextor SSD 512 GB as OS Drive Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB Hitachi Hardisk 1 TB HDD ASUS DVD RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 PRO x64 Dell 22 Inch DSR @ 2560 x 1440 (from original 1... Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX760 80+ Platinum PSU Corsair Vengeance C70 Chassis Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My Little Beast
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700K KabyLake CPU @5.0 GHz MSI Z270 Gaming M7 Motherboard MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X PLUS 8G Graphics Card Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000 MHz 16 GB DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Plextor SSD 512 GB as OS Drive Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB Hitachi Hardisk 1 TB HDD ASUS DVD RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 PRO x64 Dell 22 Inch DSR @ 2560 x 1440 (from original 1... Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX760 80+ Platinum PSU Corsair Vengeance C70 Chassis Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharchaster View Post

what are the settings do you use? so I can re-test, so far I can get 80 - 100 FPS with :
Texture : EXTRA
AA : 4 x TXAA
Shadows : High
AO : ON
FXAA : OFF (don't like this though, get blurry images)
using my GTX 670 PE card, and 310.70 WHQL.

texture extra
aa 4x txas
shadows high
ao on
fxaa on
are you playing in a server with people or by your self? thats really wierd...
oh 1920x1080
post #8 of 30
Thread Starter 
even with fxaa off, im still getting around 40 fps
post #9 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xystus View Post

texture extra
aa 4x txas
shadows high
ao on
fxaa on
are you playing in a server with people or by your self? thats really wierd...
oh 1920x1080

oh maybe I'm wrong, I am playing a singleplayer mode. If you're playing a multiplayer, maybe the game would be demanding. my suggest is try to use 310.xx version, and raise your cpu clock.
My Little Beast
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700K KabyLake CPU @5.0 GHz MSI Z270 Gaming M7 Motherboard MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X PLUS 8G Graphics Card Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000 MHz 16 GB DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Plextor SSD 512 GB as OS Drive Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB Hitachi Hardisk 1 TB HDD ASUS DVD RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 PRO x64 Dell 22 Inch DSR @ 2560 x 1440 (from original 1... Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX760 80+ Platinum PSU Corsair Vengeance C70 Chassis Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My Little Beast
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700K KabyLake CPU @5.0 GHz MSI Z270 Gaming M7 Motherboard MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X PLUS 8G Graphics Card Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000 MHz 16 GB DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Plextor SSD 512 GB as OS Drive Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB Hitachi Hardisk 1 TB HDD ASUS DVD RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 PRO x64 Dell 22 Inch DSR @ 2560 x 1440 (from original 1... Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX760 80+ Platinum PSU Corsair Vengeance C70 Chassis Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 30
Thread Starter 
hmm... ill give it a try
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › Overclocking gtx 680