Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net BOINC Team › Hardware Optimization › MilkyWay@Home project support thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MilkyWay@Home project support thread - Page 17

post #161 of 221
Well, I lost my last Rosewill Lightning 1000 a few days back. redface.gif

Gave it's all to the cause.

Will be rebuilding Blackhawk 2 over the next day or so.... (with a new G2 1600)
post #162 of 221
Got a second pair of 7990's up and running 5 tasks per GPU. Mounted this on a TT Core P5. Awesome case! Lots'a room. I'm gonna mount a ITX mobo on this thing alongside the XPower to run a 1060 on. May even pick up another 7990.
post #163 of 221
Since I swapped to the 14.9 drivers to test running Einstein on Blackhawk 1, I've decided to test MW on it also.

Tried running at 5x but it would only drive 19 wu's so I dropped back to 4x.

Right now seems to be running stable at 4x (16wu's) @1:51 a WU. Pencils out to 1.6 mil PPD biggrin.gif

Let this run for a few hours and see if it stays stable...

PS: I eventually got Einstein down to 25:28 at 3x stable on 14.9 drivers that's a full minute per WU faster than the 15.7.1 drivers.thumb.gif
post #164 of 221
How'd you get the times that low? I've never run anything but the 14.9 drivers.
post #165 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thKor View Post

How'd you get the times that low? I've never run anything but the 14.9 drivers.

YGPM.....
post #166 of 221
Well I've run this on Blackhawk 1 (dual 7990's) for a week. My initial gustimations was that this pencils out to 1.6 million PPD.

Looks to be right on the money.

So I have been on the horns of a dilemma, once I reach my collatz goal where do I turn to... rolleyes.gif

I think I will be moving over to Milky Way with my herd. Been a few years since I've put any serious work into it. and I could use another challenge/long term goal.

Three weeks or so I think, enough time to take and establish my goal then the shift over...

I've been with the team now for 1.33 years mostly crunchin collatz with a little moo throw in for good measure. and a healthy dose of other projects as the team needed.
Been a good run, posting over 20 billion in points. Milky Way won't post those kind of numbers. but it will still give a good run I think.....thumb.gif

It's been a fun Year guys.... I've enjoyed it immensely.... Great team of dedicated Boincers.... thumb.gif Very happy I chose this as my new home....biggrin.gif

Now on to new targets!!!!!

GO TEAM!!!!

sonic.gif
post #167 of 221
wheee.gifbiggrin.gif
post #168 of 221
Who knows, maybe you'll help push us into the top10 teams for milkyway!
i5
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI z77a-g43 MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4G MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4G 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaw X series 16GB OCZ agility 3 90GB Sandisk Ultra II 240GB Seagate ST4000DM000 
Optical DriveOSCase
None Windows 10 Pro Thor 
  hide details  
Reply
i5
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI z77a-g43 MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4G MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4G 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaw X series 16GB OCZ agility 3 90GB Sandisk Ultra II 240GB Seagate ST4000DM000 
Optical DriveOSCase
None Windows 10 Pro Thor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #169 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrond View Post

Who knows, maybe you'll help push us into the top10 teams for milkyway!

I can try with a little help from my friends......
(hey maybe somebody aught to write a song... or admit that Lennon was probably the most in touch man on the planet)
post #170 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egilman View Post

Well I've run this on Blackhawk 1 (dual 7990's) for a week. My initial gustimations was that this pencils out to 1.6 million PPD.

Looks to be right on the money.

So I have been on the horns of a dilemma, once I reach my collatz goal where do I turn to... rolleyes.gif

I think I will be moving over to Milky Way with my herd. Been a few years since I've put any serious work into it. and I could use another challenge/long term goal.

Three weeks or so I think, enough time to take and establish my goal then the shift over...

I've been with the team now for 1.33 years mostly crunchin collatz with a little moo throw in for good measure. and a healthy dose of other projects as the team needed.
Been a good run, posting over 20 billion in points. Milky Way won't post those kind of numbers. but it will still give a good run I think.....thumb.gif

It's been a fun Year guys.... I've enjoyed it immensely.... Great team of dedicated Boincers.... thumb.gif Very happy I chose this as my new home....biggrin.gif

Now on to new targets!!!!!

GO TEAM!!!!

sonic.gif

 

How does the 8350 do feeding four GPUs? With three OCd' 7970s, my 8320 seemed to be right on the edge of handling anymore work.  I was running 2 tasks per GPU.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware Optimization
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net BOINC Team › Hardware Optimization › MilkyWay@Home project support thread