Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › need help.. first time builder haha
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

need help.. first time builder haha - Page 2

post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzorshaman View Post

Woo keep the tips running.. from what i am reading it seems like im goin to be better off with intel.. so i shall attempt to come up with another build plan.. as i said i am a first time builder so thanks to those who understand

don't even bother making a build again yourself imo. wait for the gurus to comeout and they will give you a pretty good build as long as you give them a budget which in your case is 1000$ thumb.gif tbh I'm itching to give you a build but like what I said earlier hardware prices are different frown.gif
post #12 of 26
Thread Starter 
If you want jst give it a shot.. going over the budget only means it will take a little longer for me to buy parts
Edited by rayzorshaman - 1/3/13 at 10:39pm
post #13 of 26
Also, a heads up, do not use that asrock mini-itx motherboard, it has some very serious design flaws(I'm unsure if they've been fixed, but I highly doubt it).

Also, I'm pretty sure that a a10-5800k is a bit weaker then the 640, but it still does really well(these are with 1866mhz ram)

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6332/amd-trinity-a10-5800k-a8-5600k-review-part-1/7

*edit* if need be, I should be able to price a nice build.
My Rig
(5 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-5600k BIOSTAR Hi-Fi A85S3 FM2 HD 7560D Integrated GPU Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 
Hard Drive
TOSHIBA P300 HDWD110XZSTA 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(5 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-5600k BIOSTAR Hi-Fi A85S3 FM2 HD 7560D Integrated GPU Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 
Hard Drive
TOSHIBA P300 HDWD110XZSTA 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 26
you can build a better system (an intel i5 3570k system) for $1000 and it would still be better.
My Rig
(19 items)
 
Rig Contest Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Asus P8Z77V-LK Evga Geforce GTX 760 Superclocked AMD RE1600 Entertainment Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Barracuda Seagate Momentus 2.5 (backup) Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue Samsung 840 EVO LG DVD Super Multi Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 MacOS X Mountain Lion Insignia 26" Display 1080p Gigabyte KM6150 
PowerCaseAudio
Xigmatek NRP-PC602 Cooler Master HAF 922 Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Formula evga geforce gtx 660ti 3gb G.skill rip jaws z series 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Caviar Black 2 tb WD Caviar Black 1 tb wd caviar black 2tb we caviar black 1tb 
Optical DriveCoolingMonitorPower
lite on ihbs112-04 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo acer s220hqlabd 21.5" Corsair ax850 
Case
Cooler Master Haf 922 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(19 items)
 
Rig Contest Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Asus P8Z77V-LK Evga Geforce GTX 760 Superclocked AMD RE1600 Entertainment Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Barracuda Seagate Momentus 2.5 (backup) Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue Samsung 840 EVO LG DVD Super Multi Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 MacOS X Mountain Lion Insignia 26" Display 1080p Gigabyte KM6150 
PowerCaseAudio
Xigmatek NRP-PC602 Cooler Master HAF 922 Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Formula evga geforce gtx 660ti 3gb G.skill rip jaws z series 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Caviar Black 2 tb WD Caviar Black 1 tb wd caviar black 2tb we caviar black 1tb 
Optical DriveCoolingMonitorPower
lite on ihbs112-04 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo acer s220hqlabd 21.5" Corsair ax850 
Case
Cooler Master Haf 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 26
Hello, Id like to ask, what kind of games do you play? how many hours? and do you tend to play with multi monitors, or 3D down the road?
post #16 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanim View Post

Also, a heads up, do not use that asrock mini-itx motherboard, it has some very serious design flaws(I'm unsure if they've been fixed, but I highly doubt it).
Also, I'm pretty sure that a a10-5800k is a bit weaker then the 640, but it still does really well(these are with 1866mhz ram)
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6332/amd-trinity-a10-5800k-a8-5600k-review-part-1/7
*edit* if need be, I should be able to price a nice build.
Please do not be shy. Type away. If really necessary you can go over $1000 i prefer it not to ty smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkerde View Post

you can build a better system (an intel i5 3570k system) for $1000 and it would still be better.
Thanks for advice dude. Yea im thinking of getting the i5 many have recomended them to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiegreg View Post

Hello, Id like to ask, what kind of games do you play? how many hours? and do you tend to play with multi monitors, or 3D down the road?
Right now i am not planning any multi monitors and 3d sounds good. Maybe parts that i can upgrade in the future which can allow these
post #17 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiegreg View Post

Hello, Id like to ask, what kind of games do you play? how many hours? and do you tend to play with multi monitors, or 3D down the road?
The games i play vary. I play fps shooters like COD or BF. I also play games like LOL and WOW which i know doesnt need much
post #18 of 26
Case(BitFenix Prodigy, 80$) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811345020

HDD(Western Digital WD Blue, 500gb, 65$) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136769

GPU(gigabyte 7870, 240$) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125418

PSU(Rosewill 550W platinum, 100$) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182082

RAM(Samsung 2x4GB, 40$) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147096

MB(Gigabyte Z77 mini-ITZ, 130$) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128568

CPU(Intel i5-3570K, 220$) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504

Total, 875$, 900$ with shipping.

You could throw a SSD in there if you want to.
My Rig
(5 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-5600k BIOSTAR Hi-Fi A85S3 FM2 HD 7560D Integrated GPU Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 
Hard Drive
TOSHIBA P300 HDWD110XZSTA 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(5 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-5600k BIOSTAR Hi-Fi A85S3 FM2 HD 7560D Integrated GPU Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 
Hard Drive
TOSHIBA P300 HDWD110XZSTA 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanim View Post

Case(BitFenix Prodigy, 80$) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811345020
HDD(Western Digital WD Blue, 500gb, 65$) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136769
GPU(gigabyte 7870, 240$) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125418
PSU(Rosewill 550W platinum, 100$) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182082
RAM(Samsung 2x4GB, 40$) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147096
MB(Gigabyte Z77 mini-ITZ, 130$) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128568
CPU(Intel i5-3570K, 220$) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504
Total, 875$, 900$ with shipping.
You could throw a SSD in there if you want to.

Sounds like an awesome build mate. But now that i think of it (and yea anyone can answer this) you reckon i should jst chuck away the lame hdd and get an ssd? I do have 3 1TB external hard drives lying around
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzorshaman View Post

Sounds like an awesome build mate. But now that i think of it (and yea anyone can answer this) you reckon i should jst chuck away the lame hdd and get an ssd? I do have 3 1TB external hard drives lying around
you planning to take the hdds out the external enclosures? make sure they are good drives for internal usage, im just saying usually you wantthem to be 7200 rpm drives, but that's just my preference.
My Rig
(19 items)
 
Rig Contest Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Asus P8Z77V-LK Evga Geforce GTX 760 Superclocked AMD RE1600 Entertainment Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Barracuda Seagate Momentus 2.5 (backup) Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue Samsung 840 EVO LG DVD Super Multi Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 MacOS X Mountain Lion Insignia 26" Display 1080p Gigabyte KM6150 
PowerCaseAudio
Xigmatek NRP-PC602 Cooler Master HAF 922 Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Formula evga geforce gtx 660ti 3gb G.skill rip jaws z series 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Caviar Black 2 tb WD Caviar Black 1 tb wd caviar black 2tb we caviar black 1tb 
Optical DriveCoolingMonitorPower
lite on ihbs112-04 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo acer s220hqlabd 21.5" Corsair ax850 
Case
Cooler Master Haf 922 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(19 items)
 
Rig Contest Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Asus P8Z77V-LK Evga Geforce GTX 760 Superclocked AMD RE1600 Entertainment Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Barracuda Seagate Momentus 2.5 (backup) Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue Samsung 840 EVO LG DVD Super Multi Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 MacOS X Mountain Lion Insignia 26" Display 1080p Gigabyte KM6150 
PowerCaseAudio
Xigmatek NRP-PC602 Cooler Master HAF 922 Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Formula evga geforce gtx 660ti 3gb G.skill rip jaws z series 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Caviar Black 2 tb WD Caviar Black 1 tb wd caviar black 2tb we caviar black 1tb 
Optical DriveCoolingMonitorPower
lite on ihbs112-04 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo acer s220hqlabd 21.5" Corsair ax850 
Case
Cooler Master Haf 922 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › need help.. first time builder haha