Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › [GG] Razer Orbweaver Mechanical Gaming Keypad Unveiled. (VIDEO)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[GG] Razer Orbweaver Mechanical Gaming Keypad Unveiled. (VIDEO) - Page 6

post #51 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rock View Post

What is with Razer and the MX Blues, honestly. One of the worst switches for a gaming keyboard, and they use it.

Its strictly because its the most obviously different Cherry switch, so that when people try it in B&M stores they get slapped in the face with that overt bump and click so they know without actually having to sit down and use it that its different.

If Razer is good at anything, they're good with marketing, and Blues simply are best for that as they're the "flashiest" of all the Cherry switches. Heck, its probably part of the reason why they only offer the Stealth Editions with the Brown switches through their online store only so that the product is only available for those who know they don't want blues yet Razer clearly wants to push Blues and only Blues because it would keep their costs down. Although it might also be another marketing strategy not to offer Reds or Blacks yet, because as soon as sales of the Blues/Browns start to slip and stagnate, they can just release a whole new model with the linear switches and talk about how they're the best mechanical switches ever while overmarketing the linear switch's advantage of not have hysteresis and specifically target FPS gamers. And then later on they can remarket Blues as an RTS or MMO switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnzilla61 View Post

I prefer blues for gaming actually, and I play competitively in bf3 and use too in quake. Each his own really.

Have you tried other switches? Seeing as how you have a BlackWidow, I'm inclined to believe that's your first and only mechanical board, so of course you'd "prefer" Blues.
Edited by bojinglebells - 1/4/13 at 9:30pm
HK47
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930K ASUS Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX780 Samsung Green 4 x 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2 x 256GB Samsung 830 SSD RAID-0 3 x 1.5TB Hitachi 7K3000 RAID-0 2 x 3TB Seagate 7200.14 RAID-0 XSPC Raystorm, EX280, D5 Variant pump 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Update 1 BenQ XL2420T Dell U2711 Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless Cherry MX Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Platinum-1000 Silverstone FT02B-WRI Razer Abyssus Razer Goliathus Speed 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
HK47
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930K ASUS Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX780 Samsung Green 4 x 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2 x 256GB Samsung 830 SSD RAID-0 3 x 1.5TB Hitachi 7K3000 RAID-0 2 x 3TB Seagate 7200.14 RAID-0 XSPC Raystorm, EX280, D5 Variant pump 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Update 1 BenQ XL2420T Dell U2711 Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless Cherry MX Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Platinum-1000 Silverstone FT02B-WRI Razer Abyssus Razer Goliathus Speed 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 250
Honestly for what most people want to use this for it should be Cherry Reds, or Blacks. Most people this appeals to are going to be using it for gaming. I have browns on my keyboard, but that is because they are decent for typing as well as gaming. For something like this, I want reds or blacks. Yeah, you can game with blues, but it is a typing switch. Why use a typing switch on something that will largely appeal to people as a gaming peripheral?
Starscream
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8120 970 Extreme3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 PNY 8GB (2X4GB) DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos LITE-ON Bluray 6 NZXT Case fans Hyper N520 
OSMonitorCaseMouse
WIndows 7 Home Premium 64bit 42in Vizio 1080p NZXT Phantom Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
Starscream
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8120 970 Extreme3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 PNY 8GB (2X4GB) DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos LITE-ON Bluray 6 NZXT Case fans Hyper N520 
OSMonitorCaseMouse
WIndows 7 Home Premium 64bit 42in Vizio 1080p NZXT Phantom Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 250
These.... Things(?) seem nice for single player games and so on, but I rather have a full keyboard for multiplayer games so it's easier to type to the other players if needed, but they probably have their uses in some games, just my thoughts, some might use a regular keyboard AND this thing, but yea, starting to ramble :|
Define Mini
(13 items)
 
Laptop
(9 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 3630QM GT 650M SLI 1100MHz Core 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133MHz 1TB 5400RPM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 840 Evo Windows 8 x64 15,4 1920x1080 @ 100Hz Red backlit keyboard 
Mouse
MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
Define Mini
(13 items)
 
Laptop
(9 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 3630QM GT 650M SLI 1100MHz Core 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133MHz 1TB 5400RPM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 840 Evo Windows 8 x64 15,4 1920x1080 @ 100Hz Red backlit keyboard 
Mouse
MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojinglebells View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rock View Post

What is with Razer and the MX Blues, honestly. One of the worst switches for a gaming keyboard, and they use it.

Its strictly because its the most obviously different Cherry switch, so that when people try it in B&M stores they get slapped in the face with that overt bump and click so they know without actually having to sit down and use it that its different.

If Razer is good at anything, they're good with marketing, and Blues simply are best for that as they're the "flashiest" of all the Cherry switches. Heck, its probably part of the reason why they only offer the Stealth Editions with the Brown switches through their online store only so that the product is only available for those who know they don't want blues yet Razer clearly wants to push Blues and only Blues because it would keep their costs down. Although it might also be another marketing strategy not to offer Reds or Blacks yet, because as soon as sales of the Blues/Browns start to slip and stagnate, they can just release a whole new model with the linear switches and talk about how they're the best mechanical switches ever while overmarketing the linear switch's advantage of not have hysteresis and specifically target FPS gamers. And then later on they can remarket Blues as an RTS or MMO switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnzilla61 View Post

I prefer blues for gaming actually, and I play competitively in bf3 and use too in quake. Each his own really.

Have you tried other switches? Seeing as how you have a BlackWidow, I'm inclined to believe that's your first and only mechanical board, so of course you'd "prefer" Blues.
I see absolutely nothing wrong with using blues for gaming.....the only reason I don't like blues is because they are too loud for me.
After using blues before, the only issue blues would have in gaming is double tapping, which isn't even an issue, just a small criticism that shouldn't mean anything. Just let the key come up all the way and there are no problems.
Many people use blues, I just settled on browns because of the lack of the clicky sound.

Seriously, it is just whatever you prefer to use. So don't try to act all smart because someone prefers a different type of switch.

edit: Like holy crap what is happening I've never had so much trouble editing and posting on OCN ever before lmao.
Edited by Lettuceman - 1/5/13 at 10:07am
White Giant
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus Maximus IV Hero AMD R290 Reference G. Skill Ripjaws X 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
CPU- EK Clean CSQ GPU- EK R290  Alphacool UT60 EK Resevoir with D5 vario pump 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Tempest Overlord SE 27" Filco Ninja with white PBT blank keycaps Seasonic X-750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Logitech G400 Puretrak Talent Audio Technica Ath-AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
White Giant
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus Maximus IV Hero AMD R290 Reference G. Skill Ripjaws X 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
CPU- EK Clean CSQ GPU- EK R290  Alphacool UT60 EK Resevoir with D5 vario pump 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Tempest Overlord SE 27" Filco Ninja with white PBT blank keycaps Seasonic X-750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Logitech G400 Puretrak Talent Audio Technica Ath-AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 250
I was hoping for a wired/wireless g13 with mechanical switches so here hoping this would force Logitech to come up with one.
Dust Catcher
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K MAXIMUS V GENE MSI GTX 960 2GB Corsair Vengance 16GB (4x4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD 150 GB WD 600 GB WD 2 TB DVD 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
1x200mm, 1x140mm, 2x120mm CM 212+ W7 64Bit Ultimate BenQ RL2455 
PowerCaseMouse
620w Gigabyte CM Storm Trooper Logitech G700s 
  hide details  
Reply
Dust Catcher
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K MAXIMUS V GENE MSI GTX 960 2GB Corsair Vengance 16GB (4x4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD 150 GB WD 600 GB WD 2 TB DVD 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
1x200mm, 1x140mm, 2x120mm CM 212+ W7 64Bit Ultimate BenQ RL2455 
PowerCaseMouse
620w Gigabyte CM Storm Trooper Logitech G700s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 250
I used an original Nostromo n52 back when they were owned by Belkin and that was actually decent until the thumb button (orange circle button) lost it's click. For $130, though, that's hilarious. Their BlackWidow Ultimate is the same price, and is actually a pretty great keyboard, IMO. Even with mechanical keys, I would expect this to be no more than $70. I paid $40 for my OG.
 
OverCoaster
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K [4.7GHz] ASUS Z270i STRIX Titan X Pascal + Hybrid Corsair Vengeance LPX 3K [16GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo [500GB] Mushkin Enhanced Reactor [1TB] Corsair H75 + F120MP Windows 10 Professional [x64] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer Predator X34 Dell E2417H Razer Blackwidow X TE Corsair SF600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NCASE M1 [v5] G403 Wireless QcK+ [Vault 111 Ed.] Schiit Bifrost Uber + Schiit Asgard 2 + TH-X00 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac ASUS GTX 1070 FE Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 [White Ed.] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 840 [250GB] Kingston HyperX Savage [480GB] Phanteks PH-TC14PE  Win 10 Pro [x64] 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DGR [144hz] KC60 [Miami Ed.] EVGA 550 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX [White] 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 SS QcK Heavy AudioQuest Dragonfly Black + Sennhesier HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
 
OverCoaster
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K [4.7GHz] ASUS Z270i STRIX Titan X Pascal + Hybrid Corsair Vengeance LPX 3K [16GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo [500GB] Mushkin Enhanced Reactor [1TB] Corsair H75 + F120MP Windows 10 Professional [x64] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer Predator X34 Dell E2417H Razer Blackwidow X TE Corsair SF600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NCASE M1 [v5] G403 Wireless QcK+ [Vault 111 Ed.] Schiit Bifrost Uber + Schiit Asgard 2 + TH-X00 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac ASUS GTX 1070 FE Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 [White Ed.] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 840 [250GB] Kingston HyperX Savage [480GB] Phanteks PH-TC14PE  Win 10 Pro [x64] 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DGR [144hz] KC60 [Miami Ed.] EVGA 550 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX [White] 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 SS QcK Heavy AudioQuest Dragonfly Black + Sennhesier HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploppytheman View Post

I don't really see the point in these unless you are the type who does some sort of like, simulator type game. -snip-
I dont get it, what the difference between moving left or moving right? And if its such a problem I know people who play games who shift over from the WASD standard to to ESDF whether its MMO or FPS or w/e that gives you lots of extra keys if needed, let alone mouse buttons. Personally I like being able to use my pinky on shift in order to keep a type of bearing for when I left my hand because it is very east to return to WSAD and know where I am like that
Im not trolling or trash talking, what is the actual reason to use one of these?
Um........ the mouse replaces the right joystick and triggers of a controller (+mousewheel at base), a keyboard replaces everything else.
I mean..... 108 keys vs 10 buttons?
Mouse and keyboard are both very very important and massive upgrades over controllers, its just how much emphasis we put on aiming since PC was primarily FPS and the major skill involved in gaming was aiming with a mouse, but games like starcraft and even, lol, MMOs require proficiency with a keyboard hand so you can't just discount how important a keyboard is.
Like Im left handed and primarily play RTS with some FPS, but I play right handed because its better to use your dominant hand on the keyboard for RTS type games.
well.. I don't use it in every game, rts get the kb/m and rpg that use click-to-move get kb/m. for me, I don't use it for the less keys, I use it because I really dislike WASD. I am absolutely terrible at it. I want controller for movement and mouse for aim, but since they don't make a one-handed controller (wii mote doesn't have quite enough buttons) that is feasible, I use a gamepad. g13 has 22 keys (+3 extra) and a joystick. it also has a lil lcd screen on it, so I can monitor VOIP programs, time, MSI reports (gpu temp, fan spd, etc) as a small lil bonus. add in a naga epic for my right hand, and I do pretty well in the games I use it for.
K7 DREADNOUGHT
(22 items)
 
Melted
(22 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core i7-920 Asus Rampage Gene Asus GTX 260 9 GB DDR3 Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2TB Hitachi SATA 7200RPM HD Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM HD Toshiba External 750 GB DVD-RW Drive 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
SpinQ Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Ubuntu 10.10 x64 Acer 24" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa 500 Watt Asus CG-5290 Logitech Wireless 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Generic Black Mat 7.2 Surround Logitech Stereo Headset Logitech G13 Gamepad 
OtherOther
XBOX 360 for Windows Controller Genius MetalStrike Pro Joystick 
  hide details  
Reply
K7 DREADNOUGHT
(22 items)
 
Melted
(22 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core i7-920 Asus Rampage Gene Asus GTX 260 9 GB DDR3 Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2TB Hitachi SATA 7200RPM HD Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM HD Toshiba External 750 GB DVD-RW Drive 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
SpinQ Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Ubuntu 10.10 x64 Acer 24" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa 500 Watt Asus CG-5290 Logitech Wireless 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Generic Black Mat 7.2 Surround Logitech Stereo Headset Logitech G13 Gamepad 
OtherOther
XBOX 360 for Windows Controller Genius MetalStrike Pro Joystick 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettuceman View Post

I see absolutely nothing wrong with using blues for gaming.....the only reason I don't like blues is because they are too loud for me.
After using blues before, the only issue blues would have in gaming is double tapping, which isn't even an issue, just a small criticism that shouldn't mean anything. Just let the key come up all the way and there are no problems.
You claim to see absolutely nothing wrong with blues but then you find a problem, for which you immediately downplay because you know its enough of a problem that you can't ignore it and thus have to mention it, but at the same time admitting there is a problem doesn't work for you as you want to make the argument that blues aren't flawed for gaming... I don't know about you, but if I'm paying a premium for a keyboard, I'd rather not have to compromise on how I use it.
Quote:
Many people use blues
of course they do, its an excellent switch (I absolutely love typing on blues), however it doesn't matter how many people use blue switches, we're not justifying the existence of the switch, heck, more people use rubber domes. Did Razer make a mistake by going with blues instead of back to rubber domes like on the Nostromo?
Quote:
Seriously, it is just whatever you prefer to use.
Yes, it is whatever one prefers to use. My position is simply that I don't believe that most users have truly tested more than one switch, let alone multiple switches, in order to actually have a preference, and that blues are basically riding on a multiplier bias.
Quote:
So don't try to act all smart because someone prefers a different type of switch.
it doesn't take inordinate intelligence to get to where I am as far as my views go, just a lot of experience
HK47
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930K ASUS Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX780 Samsung Green 4 x 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2 x 256GB Samsung 830 SSD RAID-0 3 x 1.5TB Hitachi 7K3000 RAID-0 2 x 3TB Seagate 7200.14 RAID-0 XSPC Raystorm, EX280, D5 Variant pump 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Update 1 BenQ XL2420T Dell U2711 Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless Cherry MX Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Platinum-1000 Silverstone FT02B-WRI Razer Abyssus Razer Goliathus Speed 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
HK47
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930K ASUS Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX780 Samsung Green 4 x 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2 x 256GB Samsung 830 SSD RAID-0 3 x 1.5TB Hitachi 7K3000 RAID-0 2 x 3TB Seagate 7200.14 RAID-0 XSPC Raystorm, EX280, D5 Variant pump 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Update 1 BenQ XL2420T Dell U2711 Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless Cherry MX Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Platinum-1000 Silverstone FT02B-WRI Razer Abyssus Razer Goliathus Speed 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 250
I find blues to be better for me when strafing in css, I just feel my strafing is just better when using blues I guess the click sort of aids me to stop my counter tap. I don't know I just love blues for gaminng and I think its more of a preference, I love blacks for typing over blues, I might be a bit weird tongue.gif
post #60 of 250
it's a little bit pricey.
I just prefer the full keyboard type!But this design looks good smile.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k@stock Asus p8z77v lk GTX 580 8 gb corsair vengeance cl9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD caviar blue SAMSUNG SpinPoint P  Samsung x24 dvd burner Intel stock cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Aerocool lightwave 120mm x2 Win 7 ultimate x64 Hp LE2201w 22" Corsair hx 850w (80+ silver) 
CaseOther
Coolermaster elite 430 Xbox 360 joystick  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k@stock Asus p8z77v lk GTX 580 8 gb corsair vengeance cl9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD caviar blue SAMSUNG SpinPoint P  Samsung x24 dvd burner Intel stock cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Aerocool lightwave 120mm x2 Win 7 ultimate x64 Hp LE2201w 22" Corsair hx 850w (80+ silver) 
CaseOther
Coolermaster elite 430 Xbox 360 joystick  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › [GG] Razer Orbweaver Mechanical Gaming Keypad Unveiled. (VIDEO)